KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Sports Forum » Michael Jordan vs. Kobe Bryant

Michael Jordan vs. Kobe Bryant
Started by: quanchi112

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Mindset

quote: (post)
Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon
You can combine the 3 'best' Superstars of this era (Kobe, Dwyane, LeBron), and that amalgam wouldn't even compare to a prime Jordan.

Heck, I'd trade all 3 for a 40-year-old Wizards-era MJ.
You have a horrible opinion.

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Mar 13th, 2011 08:09 AM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AsbestosFlaygon
The Original One

Originally posted by Mindset
You have a horrible opinion.

It wasn't an opinion

"Farewell, Damos... Ash, Pikachu... And you. All of my beloved." -- Arceus

Old Post Mar 13th, 2011 12:34 PM
AsbestosFlaygon is currently offline Click here to Send AsbestosFlaygon a Private Message Find more posts by AsbestosFlaygon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
super pr*xy

mj over kobe.. easy decision to make.. kobe is not as clutch as michael.. and kobe never averaged a .500 FGP season.. that means every 2 shots that mj put up, 1 goes in.. amazing efficiency.. the highest FGP kobe has is .469, compared to mj at .539 ( nba.com ).. now, magic highest is .565.. of course there's really no objective way of measuring a player's hustle game i.e. chasing loose balls, running for a fast break, running to defend a fast break.. but i would say mj first, magic a very very very close second (almost a first) and kobe last..

Old Post Mar 15th, 2011 01:55 AM
super pr*xy is currently offline Click here to Send super pr*xy a Private Message Find more posts by super pr*xy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

It wasn't an opinion
Well then you're retarded.

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Mar 15th, 2011 04:08 AM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AsbestosFlaygon
The Original One

Originally posted by Mindset
Well then you're retarded.

MJ scored 51, 45, 45, 44, 43, 41, 41, 40 and multiple 30+ point games as a 38-40 year old player on bad knees with quarter of athleticism and speed he use to have. And that is all BEFORE the hand checking and rule changes in 2005..

Unleash 23-30 year old MJ into todays league and it is all over..

Old Post Mar 16th, 2011 08:19 AM
AsbestosFlaygon is currently offline Click here to Send AsbestosFlaygon a Private Message Find more posts by AsbestosFlaygon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AsbestosFlaygon
The Original One

On 37 wizards wins in 02-03 at age 39-40... MJ averaged 22.3ppg, 48.3%FG, 6.9 rbs. 4.5 assists

By comparison, Kobe in 50 laker wins, same year: 31.9ppg, 48.0%FG, 6.9 rbs. 5.9 assists.

What would Jordan do in his prime today??
Destroy the league, that's what.

Old Post Mar 16th, 2011 08:38 AM
Darth Martin

You can combine the 3 'best' Superstars of this era (Kobe, Dwyane, LeBron), and that amalgam wouldn't even compare to a prime Jordan.

Stop trolling.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2011 07:40 PM
Darth Martin is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Martin a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Martin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
YoungGunna
Black Thought

MJ>KB

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2011 04:03 AM
YoungGunna is currently offline Click here to Send YoungGunna a Private Message Find more posts by YoungGunna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
maxman1180
Restricted

Account Restricted

MJ MJ MJ, no matter what...

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2011 11:49 AM
maxman1180 is currently offline Click here to Send maxman1180 a Private Message Find more posts by maxman1180 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GBang

Jordan vs Bryant

Yes Kobe is the Jordan of this era but look at last season's play offs. That kind of tells you that Kobe as good as he is IS NOT MJ.
Kobe has that edge over others in the league today and had a great team to fall back on plus the coach that got Jordan to where he is today. Yet he could not pull off what Mike has done.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2011 12:56 PM
GBang is currently offline Click here to Send GBang a Private Message Find more posts by GBang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dynamix

MJ was working teams back then....when all the rules such as hand check were still in effect. kobe's era, i felt, had better INDIVIDUAL players but as far as a team game...Jordan had it tougher. Piston even had to invent a Jordan rule to stop the guy lol.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2012 03:35 AM
dynamix is currently offline Click here to Send dynamix a Private Message Find more posts by dynamix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Originally posted by super pr*xy
mj over kobe.. easy decision to make.. kobe is not as clutch as michael.. and kobe never averaged a .500 FGP season.. that means every 2 shots that mj put up, 1 goes in.. amazing efficiency.. the highest FGP kobe has is .469, compared to mj at .539 ( nba.com ).. now, magic highest is .565.. of course there's really no objective way of measuring a player's hustle game i.e. chasing loose balls, running for a fast break, running to defend a fast break.. but i would say mj first, magic a very very very close second (almost a first) and kobe last..

Yep.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2012 07:47 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Barker
Thorin Fan Club President

please respond to my PM Thorin

Old Post Apr 19th, 2012 04:38 PM
Barker is currently offline Click here to Send Barker a Private Message Find more posts by Barker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
guy222
With my gal

mj is sure doin a great job with his team laughing out loud

thank u bz

Old Post Apr 24th, 2012 06:37 PM
guy222 is currently offline Click here to Send guy222 a Private Message Find more posts by guy222 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Chef Mikey
Restricted

Account Restricted

Closest one to MJ is Kobe. Legit comparison!

Old Post May 1st, 2012 03:35 AM
Chef Mikey is currently offline Click here to Send Chef Mikey a Private Message Find more posts by Chef Mikey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
guy222
With my gal

another account restricted

good thing i am always behaved

laughing out loud

thank u bz

Old Post May 7th, 2012 06:32 PM
guy222 is currently offline Click here to Send guy222 a Private Message Find more posts by guy222 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

MJ ftw.

Old Post May 22nd, 2012 04:12 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote