KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battlezone » Nate Grey Summers vs Norrin Radd (tournament style)

Nate Grey Summers vs Norrin Radd (tournament style)
Started by: "Id"

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Uriel005
Hell as I've said before he breaks conservation of energy and matter laws by maniping his energy higher than what he starts with.
But almost every character is like that.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2010 01:11 AM
753 is currently offline Click here to Send 753 a Private Message Find more posts by 753 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

Originally posted by OneDumbG0
^ Cable got wrecked by Surfer at the peak of his powers... anyway:

That was an odd curve ball.

But if you want to be fair, Surfer fought a debilitated Cable. Truth is, X-Man is more powerful then Cable.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2010 01:14 AM
"Id" is currently offline Click here to Send "Id" a Private Message Find more posts by "Id" Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ODG

^ You were talking about how Cable was able to overcome psi disruptors. I hardly saw that as helpful... since Surfer pretty much stomped God Cable.

Revamped Thor Respect Thread Revamped Loki Respect Thread
Revamped Hulk Respect Thread Revamped Iron Man Respect Thread

Old Post Oct 26th, 2010 01:17 AM
ODG is currently offline Click here to Send ODG a Private Message Find more posts by ODG Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

^ You were talking about how Cable was able to overcome psi disruptors. I hardly saw that as helpful... since Surfer pretty much stomped God Cable.

I commented about Psi-Disruptors effecting Cable, in response to you comment about how Surfer negated psi over an area.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2010 01:19 AM
"Id" is currently offline Click here to Send "Id" a Private Message Find more posts by "Id" Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ODG

^ Well I'll just assume there was miscommunication. I thought you brought up say psi disruptors having little to no effect on Cable to suggest that a cone of psilence wouldn't affect Nate.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2010 01:21 AM
ODG is currently offline Click here to Send ODG a Private Message Find more posts by ODG Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

Ok its official Warren makes awesome character notes.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2010 01:40 AM
darthgoober

^ ...

I've lost all track of this discussion with the reveal that darthgoober watches Sailor Moon...

... whatever.

Surfer wins.

Screw you man Sailor Moon's funny stick out tongue

Originally posted by "Id"
Look he can shrink all he wants, that wont help him escape from say Brilliant City, if Nate decides to toss him there.

Oclin’s reality takes place within the Marvel Multivese, for you know recognizing central characters resembling its 616 counterparts. All you have to do to back up your claim, is to provide evidence that Surfer has reached an alternate reality outside via time travel. I emphasize it, since time traveling is not going to help Surfer escape Brilliant City, and return to the battlefield. After all Brilliant City is not a reality accessible via shrinking/time traveling.

Sailor Moon… sad

Shrinking's just the way to gain access to the universe.

Proof that it actually takes place within the standard Marvel Multiverse? Because the fact that Watcher's don't watch there(and can't even get there safely for that matter) combined with the fact that the Unilord is the embodiement of the universe rather than Eternity certainly seems to indicate that it's not. Do I really need to track down the scans that say that Watchers observe all the alternate universes or that Eternity is the embodiement of Marvel to satisfy you, cause you could likely find out that kind of thing just by checking out a bio.

You keep on asking for alternate universe travel and I've given you a couple. There's the Microverse, the Negative Zone, alternate timeslines, and all you can really say is basically "well that's not EXACTLY what I'd like to see to support the ability". See you're trying to penalize Surfer because he doesn't run in the same circles as Nate and his writers don't say the exact same kinds of things X-Man's does but that just doesn't hold up. One of Surfer's powers is to return to any dimension he's ever been to and he's been shown to traverse alternate universes in multiple ways(pretty much just whatever way is necessary to reach the universe in question), unless you have some kind of specific proof that Nate can block that ability there's no reason to assume that he's going to lose his Galactus given abilities just because he ends up in whatever universe Nate decides to stick him in. He's been in his home dimension so he can return there from pretty much where ever, it's as simple as that.

But since you want to focus on plot specific abilities and feats, has Nate ever shown himself capable of escaping a floating cosmic limbo created from pure spatial energy?

Last edited by darthgoober on Oct 26th, 2010 at 02:34 AM

Old Post Oct 26th, 2010 02:31 AM
darthgoober is currently offline Click here to Send darthgoober a Private Message Find more posts by darthgoober Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ODG

Originally posted by darthgoober
Screw you man Sailor Moon's funny stick out tongue
Sailor Moon has lesbians. I'm sold.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2010 02:32 AM
darthgoober

Originally posted by Uriel005
On what level?? where? Was it reliant on them being lower than SS in psychic ability or was it energy manip. Honestly surfer being able to energy Manip anyone should make him theoretically unbeatable by forum rules. Hell as I've said before he breaks conservation of energy and matter laws by maniping his energy higher than what he starts with.

It was enough to hide the guy from Galactus, and Surfer took down with no visible effort.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2010 02:36 AM
darthgoober is currently offline Click here to Send darthgoober a Private Message Find more posts by darthgoober Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthgoober

Sailor Moon has lesbians. I'm sold.

And Sailor Saturn's freakin hot...

If I were a toon or in a "Cool World" situation... I'd do her.

Last edited by darthgoober on Oct 26th, 2010 at 02:44 AM

Old Post Oct 26th, 2010 02:38 AM
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

Shrinking's just the way to gain access to the universe.

Proof that it actually takes place within the standard Marvel Multiverse? Because the fact that Watcher's don't watch there(and can't even get there safely for that matter) combined with the fact that the Unilord is the embodiement of the universe rather than Eternity certainly seems to indicate that it's not. Do I really need to track down the scans that say that Watchers observe all the alternate universes or that Eternity is the embodiement of Marvel to satisfy you, cause you could likely find out that kind of thing just by checking out a bio.

You keep on asking for alternate universe travel and I've given you a couple. There's the Microverse, the Negative Zone, alternate timeslines, and all you can really say is basically "well that's not EXACTLY what I'd like to see to support the ability". See you're trying to penalize Surfer because he doesn't run in the same circles as Nate and his writers don't say the exact same kinds of things X-Man's does but that just doesn't hold up. One of Surfer's powers is to return to any dimension he's ever been to and he's been shown to traverse alternate universes in multiple ways(pretty much just whatever way is necessary to reach the universe in question), unless you have some kind of specific proof that Nate can block that ability there's no reason to assume that he's going to lose his Galactus given abilities just because he ends up in whatever universe Nate decides to stick him in. He's been in his home dimension so he can return there from pretty much where ever, it's as simple as that.

But since you want to focus on plot specific abilities and feats, has Nate ever shown himself capable of escaping a floating cosmic limbo created from pure spatial energy?

The examples you have given are not proper enough to counter my argument, since they are inherently different.

• Microverse: Why bother to bring it up, he can shrink his way into the microverse, but the same can’t be applied to leave Brilliant City.

• Negative Zone: I do not know enough to give a response.

• Alternate Future Realties : Brilliant City isn’t accessible via time travel. Brilliant City is its own reality that doesn’t steam from reality 616. Its inaccessible via passing through the time stream.

We have one instance where he traveled to an Alternate Reality not tied in to reality 616, and he needed to travel through a cosmic anomaly in the Cosmic Swell. This places your claim in question of Surfers ability to travel Alternate Realties, not to be confused with Possible Futures. Its your efforts to make more convoluted by adding more to Oclins reality, giving the lure that his reality is special thus take place outside of the Marvel Omniverse.

• It Outside the Omniverse…. - No its not, it takes place within it since we recognize alternate versions of central marvel characters.

• No Watcher existed in this reality so it has to take place outside the Omniverse…no I mean the Multiverse. - Welcome to Marvel they do tend to forget a detail or two regularly. And no that’s a fairly weak argument for all we know, there was a Watcher only to be killed by Unilord or a Black Body.

• Unilord was the embodiment of the universe, not Eternity. - Well maybe Unilord successes in assimilating everything in its path had something to do with it wouldn’t you agree? I mean he did succeed in absorbing Galactus. And we all know what is one of Galactus famously known central roles.

Then you wave his flag, that because he can return from previously visited dimensions . Therefore he can return from any designated reality. Key word dimension, since he makes this comment after having visited a specific realm within reality 616. That’s hardly a case to build an argument from since Mutiversal traveling is a different ballgame to dimensional hoping.

Last edited by "Id" on Oct 26th, 2010 at 03:28 AM

Old Post Oct 26th, 2010 03:24 AM
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

I honestly cant say that he has.

Has Surfer ever escaped being transfixed, locked between time/space?

Now if you will excuse me, I will now sit back read through these pair of goodies.
(please log in to view the image)
http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/7449/comicse.jpg

Last edited by "Id" on Oct 26th, 2010 at 03:45 AM

Old Post Oct 26th, 2010 03:32 AM
ODG

Has Nate ever survived having his gene altered?

Old Post Oct 26th, 2010 03:45 AM
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

Has Nate ever survived having his gene altered?

You mean Mass to Energy conversion? He just created a faux body, to host his mental force. As a mental force, he doesn’t have genes to manipulate per say.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2010 03:48 AM
ODG

^ So Shaman Nate Grey is manifesting as pure psionic energy here...

... do you realize what you're setting Nate up for?

Old Post Oct 26th, 2010 03:49 AM
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

^ So Shaman Nate Grey is manifesting as pure psionic energy here...

... do you realize what you're setting Nate up for?

Energy to Mass conversion:
(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)

Careful I know what you are alluding to, attempting to absorb Nate could be one those Big Risks-Low Rewards deal.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2010 03:54 AM
ODG

^ Nate being staggered by creating his faux body does not inspire confidence.

I had assumed that Nate was starting out this fight without being limited to being a purely psionic construct. I perceive that as a significant handicap.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2010 03:57 AM
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

^ Nate being staggered by creating his faux body does not inspire confidence.

I had assumed that Nate was starting out this fight without being limited to being a purely psionic construct. I perceive that as a significant handicap.

Oh I thought this was by current times, where his is using the stolen energy to create his faux body instead of pissing away gallons of energy reconstruct his dispersed being. Just to be clear, those scans was to show he can do energy to mass conversion, and vice versa.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2010 04:03 AM
darthgoober

The examples you have given are not proper enough to counter my argument, since they are inherently different.

• Microverse: Why bother to bring it up, he can shrink his way into the microverse, but the same can’t be applied to leave Brilliant City.

• Negative Zone: I do not know enough to give a response.

• Alternate Future Realties : Brilliant City isn’t accessible via time travel. Brilliant City is its own reality that doesn’t steam from reality 616. Its inaccessible via passing through the time stream.

Right so there are multiple examples of him traveling to at least 3 Alternate universes by whatever means necessary right? There's the answer to your question as to whether or not he's ever traveled to other universes.

Also, unless I'm mistaken ALL universes are connected to the 616 multiverse in some manner or another. I'm pretty sure Mr. Master's posted scans saying as much.

We have one instance where he traveled to an Alternate Reality not tied in to reality 616, and he needed to travel through a cosmic anomaly in the Cosmic Swell. This places your claim in question of Surfers ability to travel Alternate Realties, not to be confused with Possible Futures. Its your efforts to make more convoluted by adding more to Oclins reality, giving the lure that his reality is special thus take place outside of the Marvel Omniverse.

Again, do you have any actual proof that it exists within the 616 multiverse? Also again, do you think that Nate could BFR a Watcher? Cause the Watcher's couldn't reach the place without the Cosmic Swell either so if it's not damning proof for them, it's not damning proof for Norrin.

• It Outside the Omniverse…. - No its not, it takes place within it since we recognize alternate versions of central marvel characters.

• No Watcher existed in this reality so it has to take place outside the Omniverse…no I mean the Multiverse. - Welcome to Marvel they do tend to forget a detail or two regularly. And no that’s a fairly weak argument for all we know, there was a Watcher only to be killed by Unilord or a Black Body.

• Unilord was the embodiment of the universe, not Eternity. - Well maybe Unilord successes in assimilating everything in its path had something to do with it wouldn’t you agree? I mean he did succeed in absorbing Galactus. And we all know what is one of Galactus famously known central roles.

So you think that anytime anything resembling alternate versions of 616 characters appear in an alternate universe it means that it's part of Marvel's 616 multiverse? Do I really need to point out all the parallels between Marvel and DC, right up to Mantis appearing in DC in all but name?

There was only one Watcher there EVER, the one who actually appeared in the arc who had to travel there via the Cosmic Swell and got trashed for his efforts. If there had ever been another and that universe was connected to the 616 multiverse Uatu would have known about it and that other universe.

Maybe maybe maybe maybe, we can guess at how things could have went down to support what you're saying, or we can just accept the simplest and most obvious answer to support what I'm saying. Did you see any mention of Eternity EVER being the embodiement of that other universe or of the Unilord usurping the Role?

Also, I'm interested in these alternate versions of characters in the Unilord's universe. I'm not saying that they don't exist, just that I didn't notice any specifically(I've always found the arc a bit confusing).

Then you wave his flag, that because he can return from previously visited dimensions . Therefore he can return from any designated reality. Key word dimension, since he makes this comment after having visited a specific realm within reality 616. That’s hardly a case to build an argument from since Mutiversal traveling is a different ballgame to dimensional hoping.

Not from, TO. As in, if Nate transports him to another place, Galactus has given him the power to return to his home dimension or any other dimension that he's ever been to. And I'm not basing his abilities on that one thing, I'm basing it off a whole list of things that you choose to ignore that includes his traveling to alternate universes.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2010 04:08 AM
darthgoober

Now if you will excuse me, I will now sit back read through these pair of goodies.
(please log in to view the image)
http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/7449/comicse.jpg

Does it really matter if Nate gets stuck in a floating cosmic limbo right out of the gate?

Old Post Oct 26th, 2010 04:11 AM