KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battlezone » Nate Grey Summers vs Norrin Radd (tournament style)

Nate Grey Summers vs Norrin Radd (tournament style)
Started by: "Id"

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « First ... « 5 6 [7]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ambient
I took it as both a two sided attack; Physical and Mental.. Surfer pretty much state that It will never work, that he will never be swayed to the Goddess side again after he shrugged that mental bolt, that should tells it wasn't just a psi blast. Regarding the dispelling of the Goddess mental hold, i thought it was quite clear how he was able to do it, he saw the falseness in the Goddess crusade.. If this still not enough, I can give you another ex.. The Entity called the Other, again he withstood tp attack, There is also that one of the most powerful virus in the universe which actually attacks the carriers via tp, the Fear eater, etc. etc all this he withstood they're tp attack.. +++ he can erect shields that blocks tp, thought he never use it against this guys.. Guess he forgot.. lol

Most of Surfers space time manipulation pretty much gotta do with speed however he can also manipulate time/space through chronal energies which he has done before.. getting to late gotta go to bed..

In just about every instance that I can think of, Surfer has fallen victim to mental invasion. I know your going to lobby, and state that if he overcame it, then it simply wouldn’t work here, and now. But my point is, before Surfer can shake off that form of telepathic assault (not be confused with a psi blast, since it carries different properties). Surfer goes through the motions, as in his senses are distorted unable to tell reality from illusion. Proof of this is when he fell pray to the virus, or when Oclins implanted memories from Grand practitioner Tey.

If you wish to counter my argument, then you would need to pull off an instance where Surfer has halted such telepathic assault cold turkey, as oppose to being a victim of mental assault, and then fighting his way back. Otherwise burden of proof falls on your hands.

You have to understand that X-Man is the biggest telepathic monster in Top Tier Class. In more then one instance his psi powers have been compared to Phoenix.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2010 09:50 PM
"Id" is currently offline Click here to Send "Id" a Private Message Find more posts by "Id" Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ambient
MAJIN_OVERLORD

The point i was trying to make was that Surfer possesses very high mental defenses, proven by the many feats i've previously mentioned and not that he is totally immune to it, thought on one occasions he created a shield that supposed to stop TP intrusion but im not going to focus on that one at this time however what i am going to focus on is his high tolerance against this sort of attack, as he has demonstrated. Its going to take a lot of concentration for Nate to even get past/break that defensive wall, quite frankly a unfavorable and disadvantageous move on his part as he would be unable to multitask and be open to diff. attacks..

You mention both 2 incident - Grand practitioner Tey and the Virus - both affected Surfer perception of reality, now there are a few things that need to be addressed in those events; 1st off he allowed it to happen, 2nd his senses where never at a loss, 3rd he never loss his grasp of reality, and 4th he could sync out of it at any time... This pretty much is a poor ex. of tp feat against Surfer as his mind was in no real danger...

My proof is in Surfer tp defenses to which was given by example.. If my memory serves me correctly there where only two beings in his entire history to successfully and forcibly affect/changed Surfer via tp; Galactus and the Goddess.. I just don't think Nate is on the same league as the two i mentioned above at this moment for both control and power telepathically..

Yes i do understand that Nate is one of the biggest tier in that leaque but what you also need to understand is that Surfer has faced beings in the same class or even higher and come out on top.. Being compared is good and all but you need actual feat to actually be equal, less now were saying Surfer = MM since they been compared before..

So to sum it up - Nate needs a lot of concentration for tp assault to be of advantage however its a double edge sword as loss of concentration = unable to multitask = opening on his defenses = advantage to Surfer - ..

My Artwork

Old Post Nov 16th, 2010 05:23 PM
Ambient is currently offline Click here to Send Ambient a Private Message Find more posts by Ambient Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

X-Man throws a monkey wrench at Surfer offensive matter manipulating arguments. Why? X-Man capacity to warp reality is part of his M.O. biatch!

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jun 28th, 2011 07:57 PM
"Id" is currently offline Click here to Send "Id" a Private Message Find more posts by "Id" Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ambient
MAJIN_OVERLORD

It makes no diff.. Surfer is unaffected by reality manipulation..

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-image...alcntrljd2.jpg/

My Artwork

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2011 12:51 AM
Ambient is currently offline Click here to Send Ambient a Private Message Find more posts by Ambient Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonheartmm

nate grey for old time's sake(i.e. when i used to care).

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2011 07:00 AM
leonheartmm is currently offline Find more posts by leonheartmm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote

Originally posted by Ambient
It makes no diff.. Surfer is unaffected by reality manipulation..

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-image...alcntrljd2.jpg/
he realized the warp was going on adn "broke the spell", but he is not immune to reality warping. not that it matters as SNG cant really do it on a whim

Old Post Jul 25th, 2011 03:55 PM
753 is currently offline Click here to Send 753 a Private Message Find more posts by 753 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ambient
MAJIN_OVERLORD

Right! Should da phrase it properly but the point is his not totally without any defense against this sort of attack..

My Artwork

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2011 07:58 PM
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

Originally posted by 753

Has SNG travelled back in time yet? I thought he'd only reentered the timestream in the future.

An unnecessary bump, but apparently yes he has. I came across this feat when I was editing X-Man’s respect thread. In X-Man annual, he traveled back in time, into the AoA timeline (heh two feats), to warn Magneto, and Forge of Sugar Mans plans of using a bio weapon on AoA, and Earth 616.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2011 04:45 AM