KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode IV, V & VI » Another trilogy coming?

Another trilogy coming?
Started by: roughrider

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
CaedusRules

Actually i dont watch the show... i believe anything not in a movie or on paper can change the "cannon" of star wars, and that goes for a live action tv show also.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2010 11:03 PM
Click here to Send CaedusRules a Private Message Find more posts by CaedusRules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mossman

Well, if we are questioning the significance of this "blog paragraph", let's cut to the chase..

"George Lucas, is supposed to be done with the Star Wars world..."

Supposed to be done with?
What the hell does that mean, and what is it based on?

Erm, isn't he DEFINITELY involved in 3D theatrical releases of all six movies, a successful cartoon TV series, and a live action TV series currently deep in production?

Call me radical, but I'd say that is pretty darn "involved" in the Star Wars world...

You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy...

Old Post Oct 30th, 2010 01:03 AM
Click here to Send mossman a Private Message Find more posts by mossman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

THat's right. he said he was done with the Skywalker story... But even that proved out false beacsue in the CW series all we get is Anakin... The maker works in mysterious ways.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
But I did have to raise the bar by saying "written well". eek!

You should have told LUcas before he started writing the PT. stick out tongue

Old Post Oct 30th, 2010 05:10 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Originally posted by queeq
THat's right. he said he was done with the Skywalker story... But even that proved out false beacsue in the CW series all we get is Anakin... The maker works in mysterious ways.

You should have told LUcas before he started writing the PT. stick out tongue

Yes, I am being way too unrealistic. smile

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2010 05:50 PM
Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Let's just say you try to keep up hope.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2010 07:09 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthmaul1

Originally posted by ares834
Do you watch the cartoon? GL is pissing all over the EU. He doesn't give a damn about it or the fans.

He's only pissing all over the EU cause you think he is. Lucas has said before he does not care what is in the expanded universe, just what is in his movies. Yes he does give the go ahead to do new stories in books or games etc. but he doesn't follow what they do. You have to learn to treat them sepratley. i have read a few EU books, xwing and some others and they were good but i'm sure as sh!t not going be thinking about those while watching clone wars or new movies. ENJOY them for what they are another version of the story.
I know very little about the EU so wouldn't have a problem with a new story if written well. He could do it where Han and Leia only have 1 kid and i wouldn't care. It doesn't have to be exactly the same or even close, this is GL's story, and he will follow it the way he wants and try to please the normal regular fans, but the nut bars are SOL.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2010 09:25 PM
Click here to Send darthmaul1 a Private Message Find more posts by darthmaul1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

EU is indeed irrelevant.

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2010 07:53 PM
coolmovies

Its never gonna happen !!!!!!!!!!!

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2010 09:30 PM
Click here to Send coolmovies a Private Message Find more posts by coolmovies Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

You don't know that.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2010 08:39 AM
coolmovies

You don't know that.

Thats it ! I had enough of Lucas and star wars !

Old Post Nov 4th, 2010 08:40 PM
Click here to Send coolmovies a Private Message Find more posts by coolmovies Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Shadow Z

If he did do another one based after the OT then all he could do is base it in a different part of the galaxy, with new characters and situations.

The old characters could be referred to in dialogue or not even mentioned at all. I personally wouldn't want Lucas to helm a depiction of the EU, many will just end up disappointed as he will undoubtably change things to suit his own tastes.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2010 11:08 PM
Click here to Send Lord Shadow Z a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Shadow Z Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Prolly... a whole new take would be a way to go. But he'd sure need to come up with some decent characters then.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2010 08:10 AM
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

I shudder at the thought.

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2010 01:08 AM
Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Hehehe

Old Post Nov 7th, 2010 09:31 AM
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Here is an idea: If Star Wars was a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away, then what is happening now, far, far away?

Old Post Nov 10th, 2010 07:49 PM
Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Hmmm.... good point. Let's tell Lucas...

Old Post Nov 11th, 2010 10:45 AM
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Hmmm.... good point. Let's tell Lucas...

I don't know Lucas. I know someone who does, but I wouldn't tell that person any good ideas. They would just take them as their own.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2010 06:41 PM
queeq
Chaos

Well, for us this would be a very BAD idea... Lucas might go with it.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2010 07:00 PM
skekUng

Originally posted by ares834
Do you watch the cartoon? GL is pissing all over the EU. He doesn't give a damn about it or the fans.

Then there are two ways to approach this realization. One is to repay the favor by no longer supporting anything new with the SW logo on it. The other is to assume that SW canon need be only what the individual fan wants it to be, and not what Mr. Lucas says it must be.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2010 05:52 AM
Click here to Send skekUng a Private Message Find more posts by skekUng Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Well no... SW canon is SW canon. But everyone is free to create his of her personal canon of course.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2010 07:43 AM