KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Book Discussion Forum » Recommend me some good Books/Audio Books

Recommend me some good Books/Audio Books
Started by: Bluesteel

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Lord Andres
Wanted Dead or Alive

Recommend me some good Books/Audio Books

So last year when I was still in business school I was so busy that I could hardly find the time to read a book we had to get done by the end of the month. Oh well I'l just take a stroll down to the library and borrow the audio book I thought, lazy perhaps, effective when you don't have time or will power to read? YES. To my surprise I found the ordeal to be very nice.

I would sit back in my soft couch or lay down if I wanted to, have a bit of food there and just relax, it was great!

Now ever since then I have listened to one or two audio books each month, usually on Sunday afternoons when I did not have anything to do, or before bed sometimes.

Now I would just like to know if any of you perhaps knew of any good audio books, or books in general that are good, because I don't fancy reading, I get tired after awhile, but the audio books, oh my thats great!

So what I am looking for is this:

Good audio books (unabridged is preferred but is not necessary)

And if you don't know any good audio books, I would like to get some good titles for following genre's

Sci-Fi
Mystery
Horror
Fantasy
Adventure (Something really exciting, Indiana Jones style, pirates and the like!)

Thanks in advance smile

Old Post Oct 27th, 2010 02:44 AM
Lord Andres is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Andres a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Andres Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
miiih

Actually, I've enjoyed Kristine Katherine Rusch's "Retrieval Artist" audiobooks from Audible recently. At one time Audible had offered the first one free, and I bought the rest.

I'm not sure I'm a good judge of "well read/performed" though. I've listened to four authors in audiobooks - Janet Evanovich, J. D. Robb, Jean Auel, and Kristine Katherine Rusch. I'm new to the audiobook thing.

Oh, actually, the first book I ever listened to was the first "Nursery Crimes" novel by Jasper Fforde. I thought it was hilarious, but YMMV. Seems like people either really like his humor or really don't.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2011 07:07 AM
miiih is currently offline Click here to Send miiih a Private Message Find more posts by miiih Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote