KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Batman » Confirmed "The Dark Knight Rises" - Title for Batman 3

Confirmed "The Dark Knight Rises" - Title for Batman 3
Started by: Traction

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

quote: (post)
Originally posted by The Nuul
Those two would be good.

I prefer DS the most.

Deathstroke would be good as a secondary villain, but other than his Teen Titans animated incarnation he's usually not the kind to play Big Bad, the same for Catwoman.

Talia Al Ghul IMO works the best.

“Where the longleaf pines are whispering
to him who loved them so.
Where the faint murmurs now dwindling
echo o’er tide and shore."

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2010 11:03 PM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Traction

Bane could perhaps work considering he doesn't use Venom anymore...

Old Post Oct 28th, 2010 11:50 PM
Traction is currently offline Click here to Send Traction a Private Message Find more posts by Traction Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chomperx9
Restricted

Account Restricted

Red Hood would be a damn good story line. but if Nolan decided to do redhood they should put Jason todd in the next film and have him die.

and 4th film start a whole new story different villains like maybe Deadshot or Deathstroke.

And have Redhood appear in the 5th film. reason why it would be cooler for him to appear 2 movies later so its more of a surprise opponent and him not appearing again so soon after his death.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2010 01:01 AM
chomperx9 is currently offline Click here to Send chomperx9 a Private Message Find more posts by chomperx9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by chomperx9
it was on twitter my bad. someone posted a link on another message board i go on.

i stay off of myspace twitter facebook. ive seen to many stuff on the news already from criminals and hackers getting others information

thats very understandable

Red Hood would be a damn good story line. but if Nolan decided to do redhood they should put Jason todd in the next film and have him die.

and 4th film start a whole new story different villains like maybe Deadshot or Deathstroke.

And have Redhood appear in the 5th film. reason why it would be cooler for him to appear 2 movies later so its more of a surprise opponent and him not appearing again so soon after his death.

the problem with red hood is that jason todd has to be established first quite possibly as robin , besides dick grayson would be first as robin, besides i'm not sure nolan will ever have robin in any of his batman films

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Last edited by BruceSkywalker on Oct 29th, 2010 at 02:53 AM

Old Post Oct 29th, 2010 02:49 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chomperx9
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker

the problem with red hood is that jason todd has to be established first quite possibly as robin , besides dick grayson would be first as robin, besides i'm not sure nolan will ever have robin in any of his batman films
Thats what i meant when i said Jason Todd needs to be appear 1st. I meant as robin

But i agree there with Dick Grayson he was the 1st Robin. I dont think there will ever be a batman movie where they put Jason todd or Tim Drake to appear 1st before Grayson.

I guess thats one thing Batman and Robin didnt screw up is that they used the 1st robin.

come to think of it though it would have matched the description of the movie better if they used Tim Drake eek!

Old Post Oct 29th, 2010 04:06 AM
chomperx9 is currently offline Click here to Send chomperx9 a Private Message Find more posts by chomperx9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarthLazious
Dark Lord of the KMC

I love the title but I was really hoping for Shadow of The Bat and maybe the villian will be Bane or The Mad Hatter.

I would not mind seeing Ra's Al-Ghul agian.

http://thewilloftheforce.webs.com/

Old Post Oct 29th, 2010 09:00 AM
DarthLazious is currently offline Click here to Send DarthLazious a Private Message Find more posts by DarthLazious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker

Nolan is taking a Year One type approach with his films. He says Robin will probably never appear in any Batman movie in his series since he's portraying a young Batman.

“Where the longleaf pines are whispering
to him who loved them so.
Where the faint murmurs now dwindling
echo o’er tide and shore."

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2010 05:06 PM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Originally posted by DarthLazious
I love the title but I was really hoping for Shadow of The Bat and maybe the villian will be Bane or The Mad Hatter.

I would not mind seeing Ra's Al-Ghul agian.

Lazarus Pit anyone?

Old Post Oct 30th, 2010 12:35 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chomperx9
Restricted

Account Restricted

They should focus on making the movie 1st and after its done then have a matching movie title for the film

Old Post Oct 30th, 2010 02:14 AM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by Omega Vision
Nolan is taking a Year One type approach with his films. He says Robin will probably never appear in any Batman movie in his series since he's portraying a young Batman.

i think Nolan might follow Batman : Dark Victory or aspects of it..

Thats what i meant when i said Jason Todd needs to be appear 1st. I meant as robin

But i agree there with Dick Grayson he was the 1st Robin. I dont think there will ever be a batman movie where they put Jason todd or Tim Drake to appear 1st before Grayson.

I guess thats one thing Batman and Robin didnt screw up is that they used the 1st robin.

come to think of it though it would have matched the description of the movie better if they used Tim Drake eek!

Robin was just old enough to be Bruce's brother sad

They should focus on making the movie 1st and after its done then have a matching movie title for the film

I'm sure Nolan will explain the title at some point during the movie

Old Post Oct 30th, 2010 07:55 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Doc Ock
The Master Planner

I like the title a lot.

Old Post Nov 1st, 2010 09:16 PM
Doc Ock is currently offline Click here to Send Doc Ock a Private Message Find more posts by Doc Ock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Martin

Stupid title. Having Riddler not in the film is also stupid.

With that said, I trust Nolan. You'd be stupid not to.

With they'd have Riddler, Penguin, and Catwoman as the villains.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2010 12:43 AM
Darth Martin is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Martin a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Martin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthmaul1

Please for the love of god, no Robin he is a douche.
as for the villian this time around, I would of loved to of seen the riddler sort of protrayed like the one from The Batman (cartoon)
i think Nolan has said he won't do a villian that would take away from the movie being serious and realistic.
maybe Mr. Freeze?

Old Post Nov 8th, 2010 08:03 PM
darthmaul1 is currently offline Click here to Send darthmaul1 a Private Message Find more posts by darthmaul1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

what's wrong with Robin?

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Nov 8th, 2010 08:52 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirrel Fart

Originally posted by -Pr-
what's wrong with Robin?

Old Post Nov 9th, 2010 12:02 AM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jenzie
you know my name .....

"hello, mr nolan, i'd like to talk to you about the less-than-great title for the third (and your final) batman movie!

IT'S NOT THAT GOOD

first of all, not wanting to do something that's "been done before" is somewhat ironic don't you think

second ..... THE CAPED CRUSADER

third ..... MANBAT

that is all"

*click*

mr nolan: who the hell was that???

You can't deny the prize it may never fulfill you
It longs to kill you
Are you willing to die?

Old Post Nov 9th, 2010 02:03 AM
jenzie is currently offline Click here to Send jenzie a Private Message Find more posts by jenzie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Originally posted by -Pr-
what's wrong with Robin?

I don't really want Robin either. But I would like to see Nolan's realistic approach to him.
The most logical reason to have Robin is not because Batman wants a partner - but because he wants an heir to his mantle, in case something happens; age, injury, death etc. So he finds someone and takes him under his wing, brings him out for occasional missions, but makes sure he has the normal life he doesn't make time for. They established in TDK the problem with Batman copycats out there. Maybe Batman finally finds one he thinks he can mold.
Plus, Nolan would totally armour 'his Robin' up like Batman, as opposed to the flighty costume of the comics.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Nov 11th, 2010 07:08 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirrel Fart

Reed Hood is the only Robin I like, but it would need to have more than one move in order for that story to work well.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2010 07:11 PM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Old Post Nov 12th, 2010 12:29 AM
FistOfThe North

I wonder why "rises" is in the title. Hasen't the Batman already "risen" to the occasion already? Since the end of b.b? And even moreso in tdk against the joker his most arch rival and most daring challenge that he most likely might ever have?

I think think got lazy with the title.

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Nov 13th, 2010 06:58 PM
FistOfThe North is currently offline Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote