KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battlezone » King Kandy's Tourney, Draft 3:

King Kandy's Tourney, Draft 3:
Started by: King Kandy

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
King Kandy

King Kandy's Tourney, Draft 3:

Yadda yadda yadda, let's go.

Issues of contention remaining:

Nero's ship: Above caps?
Vulcan needs a replacement.

We'll be discussing those in the discussion thread, not the old draft threads.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2010 11:08 PM
King Kandy is currently offline Click here to Send King Kandy a Private Message Find more posts by King Kandy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Kandy

Old Post Oct 29th, 2010 12:29 AM
King Kandy is currently offline Click here to Send King Kandy a Private Message Find more posts by King Kandy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Kandy

Old Post Oct 29th, 2010 10:42 PM
King Kandy

Draft 4: Wolverine

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wolverine_(comics)

Old Post Oct 31st, 2010 07:27 PM
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

oh snap

Old Post Oct 31st, 2010 07:40 PM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

I though Deadpool level HF was above caps.

Does Wolverine barely squeak by in that regard?

“Where the longleaf pines are whispering
to him who loved them so.
Where the faint murmurs now dwindling
echo o’er tide and shore."

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2010 08:10 PM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Black bolt z
Mindsets Master

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Omega Vision
I though Deadpool level HF was above caps.

Does Wolverine barely squeak by in that regard?
Deadpools HF>>>Logans.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2010 08:13 PM
Black bolt z is currently offline Click here to Send Black bolt z a Private Message Find more posts by Black bolt z Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Kandy

Yeah, that.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2010 08:13 PM
Omega Vision

Fair enough. Though I wonder what use Wolverine will be in a prep tourney with a Low Herald cap.

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2010 08:22 PM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Parmaniac
Evincar of KMC

Could someone link me to the rules of this tournament? Looks promising.

“I once had an entire race killed just to listen to the rattling of their dried bones as I waded through them.” —Volrath

Old Post Oct 31st, 2010 08:26 PM
Parmaniac is currently offline Click here to Send Parmaniac a Private Message Find more posts by Parmaniac Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision

Old Post Oct 31st, 2010 08:34 PM
Parmaniac
Evincar of KMC

Originally posted by King Kandy
Draft 4: Wolverine

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wolverine_(comics)
2. Contestants will select teams of three characters, no amalgamation.
confused

“I once had an entire race killed just to listen to the rattling of their dried bones as I waded through them.” —Volrath

Old Post Oct 31st, 2010 08:46 PM
Parmaniac is currently offline Click here to Send Parmaniac a Private Message Find more posts by Parmaniac Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision

Whoever drafted Wolvy either has no idea what they're doing or has something creative planned.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2010 09:19 PM
tsilamini

Originally posted by Parmaniac
confused

4th draft of the 3rd round

wolverine is the 4th person's 3rd pick

Old Post Nov 1st, 2010 12:27 AM
tsilamini is currently offline Click here to Send tsilamini a Private Message Find more posts by tsilamini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Kandy

Old Post Nov 1st, 2010 12:50 AM
Digi
Forum Leader

What's the limit on tech creation? I ask, of course, because Warlock just got picked. But I assume the rules are set up to prevent, say, Reed Richards from invention-stomping the tourney.

Originally posted by Omega Vision
Fair enough. Though I wonder what use Wolverine will be in a prep tourney with a Low Herald cap.

He's an "extreme." Sometimes a good way to win is to have the best of something, whether it's speed, strength, tech, telepathy, etc. Adamantium is a "best" in durability in comic-dom (with a couple other possible contenders), so creative use of it could yield problems for many teams.

Now, it might just be someone who is about to get romped. But it's not without some potential.

Old Post Nov 1st, 2010 01:00 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Kandy

The only limit is that the technology itself cannot use any of the banned tactics in the rules, such as being in violation of the Insta-Kill rule.

Of course, the capacity of characters to create/access tech is considered in whether they are above the caps (one of the reasons Dr. Doom is off limits).

Old Post Nov 1st, 2010 01:20 AM
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

Draft 5: Warlock (Technarchy)

http://marvel.com/universe/Warlock_%28Technarchy%29
Originally posted by psycho gundam
oh snap

Old Post Nov 1st, 2010 01:36 AM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blair Wind
The Iron Avenger

Draft 3: Meggan

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meggan

Wouldn't this fall under power copying? The scans are in her respect thread:

"Meggan's most formidable talent is her ability to instantly mimic the powers of other superhumans, in one case turning into fully empowered duplicates of Dazzler, Rogue, Colossus, Longshot, Storm, Wolverine, Rachel Summers, and Havok in rapid succession."

I also seem to remember her using Silver Surfers powers at one point and also growing to such a size as to fight Galactus by herself.

>010010100100000101010010010101100100100101010011<

Old Post Nov 1st, 2010 04:32 AM
Blair Wind is currently offline Click here to Send Blair Wind a Private Message Find more posts by Blair Wind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Kandy

I guess what I think is, power copying is more of a banned tactic than it is a banned power. As in, you can draft someone with it, but you can't use it. Like insta-kill abilities, you can build a machine during prep, but you can't use it if it has insta-kill powers.

Old Post Nov 1st, 2010 05:00 AM