KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Sports Forum » MMA vs Thread. Who would win....

MMA vs Thread. Who would win....
Started by: long pig

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

quote: (post)
Originally posted by batdude123
Lawlz.

Nate would destroy Efrain.
Co-sign

Originally posted by The Nuul
GSP vs Bob Sapp.
LOL

Life is short and the art long, the occasion instant, experiment perilous, decision difficult.

Old Post Nov 27th, 2010 08:34 AM
Dr. Leg Kick is currently offline Click here to Send Dr. Leg Kick a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Leg Kick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Angel

Bas Rutten vs Shogun

Old Post Nov 28th, 2010 09:19 PM
Darth Angel is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Angel a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Angel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

Shogun.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2010 05:05 PM
batdude123 is currently offline Click here to Send batdude123 a Private Message Find more posts by batdude123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StyleTime

Yeah, Shogun should take Bas.

Nate should take Efrain too. Nate, and Nick, are pricks though.

According to Nick, he could take GSP so.....

Nick vs GSP? shifty

Old Post Nov 29th, 2010 06:51 PM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Angel

GSP.

Anderson Silva vs Sakuraba?

Old Post Nov 29th, 2010 10:38 PM
Darth Angel is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Angel a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Angel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

Silva would probably win, though a prime Sakuraba is a stylistic nightmare for him.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2010 10:39 PM
batdude123 is currently offline Click here to Send batdude123 a Private Message Find more posts by batdude123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Angel

Very true. I really would pay to see this match. Anyway, what about the fight that never happened, Bas Rutten vs Rickson Gracie?

Old Post Dec 1st, 2010 08:27 PM
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

I would think Bas is smart enough to realize that if the fight hit the ground, he'd be f*cked. He's bigger and stronger than Rickson, so he'd use his size advantage to keep the fight standing. From there, it'd be lights out for Rickson, imo.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2010 09:57 PM
Bouboumaster

Anderson would messed up GSP for two reasons:
1- The reach
2- The weight

Take a look at what happened to Penn agains tGSP: He weighted, for a fight only, and get mauled in his 2nd fight by GSP.
GSP is a natural 170. Silva is a natural 185. At equal skills, the bigger will win.

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2010 04:16 AM
Bouboumaster is currently offline Click here to Send Bouboumaster a Private Message Find more posts by Bouboumaster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

Originally posted by Bouboumaster
1- The reach
2- The weight

Take a look at what happened to Penn agains tGSP: He weighted, for a fight only, and get mauled in his 2nd fight by GSP.
GSP is a natural 170. Silva is a natural 185. At equal skills, the bigger will win.

The difference in reach between the two is negligible. GSP has a 76 inch reach, and I think Anderson's is 77. It's aesthetically misleading because Anderson is taller.

And I'd agree that the weight would make a difference... if only Anderson could stuff GSP's takedown attempts. It's been said by Greg Jackson that during training, GSP is easily able to take down the light heavyweights he spars against, who are more than likely 220+ pounds before the cut. And as we've seen before, Anderson doesn't exactly have the best takedown defense in the world.

As far as GSP's conditioning is concerned at a bigger weight class, I don't think he'd take a fight that he wasn't 100% prepared for. If he took the time to intelligently put on more weight, like Jake Shields did, it shouldn't make a difference.

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2010 06:32 PM
StyleTime

Originally posted by batdude123
It's been said by Greg Jackson that during training, GSP is easily able to take down the light heavyweights he spars against, who are more than likely 220+ pounds before the cut.

I remember hearing that GSP regularly takes down outright heavyweights during training, and I believe it was Randy Couture who said so; however, don't quote me on that because I can't remember where I heard it.

If it's true, that is downright frightening though.

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2010 08:21 PM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bigchode
Restricted

Account Restricted

anderson silva would shat on his d ick

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2010 08:27 PM
bigchode is currently offline Click here to Send bigchode a Private Message Find more posts by bigchode Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

Originally posted by StyleTime
I remember hearing that GSP regularly takes down outright heavyweights during training, and I believe it was Randy Couture who said so; however, don't quote me on that because I can't remember where I heard it.

If it's true, that is downright frightening though.

I don't doubt it. GSP is a freak.

Originally posted by bigchode
anderson silva would shat on his d ick

Which would be the result of GSP raping him, I agree. smile

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2010 08:59 PM
Darth Angel

If you wrestle GSP and you have no skill, doesn't matter how big you are, GSP will take you down. Don't believe? Then see for yourselves:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gidyqnBSkXI

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2010 12:38 AM
Tattoos N Scars
Modern Day Drifter

Anderson Silva, fighting at his natural..non-competitive weight vs Junior dos Santos?

Old Post Feb 9th, 2011 04:39 AM
Tattoos N Scars is currently offline Click here to Send Tattoos N Scars a Private Message Find more posts by Tattoos N Scars Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Bouboumaster
1- The reach
2- The weight

GSP is a natural 170? My ass. The guy walks around at 205+. He talks about it all the time. Hell, he said it on camera during the AS Sonnen. Fight Mag had an whole spread talking how he does it.. He weighs more than Sonnen. As for Sonn being better at wrestling, that's true when it comes to competition with all the rules and whatnot, but he's not nearly as good at the practical use of it in the cage. And noone is better at mixing striking and takedowns. We know AS is a better striker by far, but check the chael fight, he Totally dominated AS on the feet. AS was worried about the TD. CS beat him on the feet, so can GSP can destroy him.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Apr 16th, 2011 10:50 AM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

GSP walks around at 190. He said that in order to compete in the MW division, he wants to walk around at 205+.

Old Post Apr 16th, 2011 05:33 PM
Bat Kick ftw
Restricted

Account Restricted

I hate lay and pray wrestlers.

Old Post Apr 16th, 2011 09:12 PM
Bat Kick ftw is currently offline Click here to Send Bat Kick ftw a Private Message Find more posts by Bat Kick ftw Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

It's not like GSP is Jon Fitch or something, GSP puts on a good show when he fights...

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post Apr 16th, 2011 09:35 PM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

Prime Liddell vs. Prime Henderson

Old Post Apr 18th, 2011 01:43 AM