KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Character Respect Forum » Respect The McClane Factor

Respect The McClane Factor
Started by: Kaibs

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kaibs
Oh Miley.

^ True that. Bruce said he's going to do 6 total Die Hard movies so there's 2 more to go. I hope he knocks a UFO out of the sky with a rock.

Have you lost your mind? Tell me where you think we crossed the line. No more drugs for me, pussy and religion is all I need.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2010 01:55 AM
Kaibs is currently offline Click here to Send Kaibs a Private Message Find more posts by Kaibs Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

6? Thin ice, man.

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2010 04:58 AM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

For Riggs? yeah, It would be.... (Being too "old for this shit" back in LW3)

But as you can see by Die Hard 4.0, McCalne could easily do another few movies.

Cheers up though. LW 5 could happen still.

It could be set in an old folks home. Riggs is investigating why Roger keeps waking up with gown off and his ass bleeding every morning*, when he stumbles on his zimmerframe trying to arrest a Jewish nurse who he blames for the cause of all wars.. after breaking his hip he investigates from his bed and Murtaugh swatting off Rigg's various assailants with his crutches/throws bedpans at them.

On the subject of thin, whilst you're at it.....explain the Lethal Weapon "Thin joke".

* Plot spoiler: It was Riggs all along. But neither Riggs or Murtaugh cant remember the midnight buttlove due to meds and dementia.

"Van Zan is the Pinocchio of feces." - Lestov16

Old Post Nov 5th, 2010 03:45 PM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Mhm. Even though Riggs and Mac are roughly the same age through their movies.

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2010 04:50 AM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Yet McClane, being genuinely better than Riggs, is able to kick ass well over a decade after Riggs got "too old for this shit".

Last edited by Sadako of Girth on Nov 6th, 2010 at 10:12 AM

Old Post Nov 6th, 2010 10:05 AM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
0mega Spawn
TheWarmestSun

the mcclane factor is just like the scooby doo factor something always around to stop his enemies -_-

My Reality Is Your Imagination.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2010 10:10 AM
0mega Spawn is currently offline Click here to Send 0mega Spawn a Private Message Find more posts by 0mega Spawn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Old Post Nov 6th, 2010 10:12 AM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

quote: (post)
Originally posted by 0mega Spawn
the mcclane factor is just like the scooby doo factor something always around to stop his enemies -_-

Yep. McClane's bullets usually.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2010 10:15 AM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

McCreepy...

Old Post Nov 6th, 2010 10:38 AM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Old Post Nov 6th, 2010 10:51 AM
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
Yet McClane, being genuinely better than Riggs, is able to kick ass well over a decade after Riggs got "too old for this shit".

Mac was born August 11, 1957. Riggs was born October 16, 1950.

DH: 31 years old.
DH2: 33 years old.
DH3: 38 years old.
DH4: 50 years old.

LW: 37 years old.
LW2: 39 years old.
LW3: 42 years old.
L24: 48 years old.

Mac and Riggs are close to the same age throughout their movies.

Also, Riggs had better movie 4 feats.
big grin big grin

Old Post Nov 6th, 2010 12:51 PM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

"Too old for this shit."

Riggs said it: Screen feat, by your standards.

And lets face it, the rest of his screen time attested well to that assessment.

Riggs couldnt even get past a lazy jab and got his ass beat by Jet Li, Jack Travis and Jack Travis' Nan, Mrs.Travis...

McClane was putting crown victorias up Helicoptor pilots' asses and was modifying the sphincter size of military jets, trucks and freeways.

Last edited by Sadako of Girth on Nov 6th, 2010 at 02:20 PM

Old Post Nov 6th, 2010 02:17 PM
Kaibs
Oh Miley.

Don't compare The McClane Factor to something as stupid as toonforce actions. And Scooby Doo is hardly the reason the gang ever solves cases anyways. It's usually thanks to Fred and Vilma's traps and intelligence.

Have you lost your mind? Tell me where you think we crossed the line. No more drugs for me, pussy and religion is all I need.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2010 02:53 PM
Kaibs is currently offline Click here to Send Kaibs a Private Message Find more posts by Kaibs Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kaibs
Oh Miley.

"Too old for this shit."

Riggs couldnt even get past a lazy jab and got his ass beat by Jet Li, Jack Travis and Jack Travis' Nan, Mrs.Travis...

McClane was putting crown victorias up Helicoptor pilots' asses and was modifying the sphincter size of military jets, trucks and freeways.

QFT

Old Post Nov 6th, 2010 02:54 PM
0mega Spawn
TheWarmestSun

Originally posted by Kaibs
Don't compare The McClane Factor to something as stupid as toonforce actions. And Scooby Doo is hardly the reason the gang ever solves cases anyways. It's usually thanks to Fred and Vilma's traps and intelligence.
i compared it to toonfore because to me thats exactly what it is in scooby doo the plan always fail thus leaving scooby doo setting off some sort of chain reaction making an object fall on the bad guy just like mcclane only explosions always occur with mcclane

Old Post Nov 6th, 2010 03:59 PM
0mega Spawn is currently offline Click here to Send 0mega Spawn a Private Message Find more posts by 0mega Spawn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kaibs
Oh Miley.

i compared it to toonfore because to me thats exactly what it is in scooby doo the plan always fail thus leaving scooby doo setting off some sort of chain reaction making an object fall on the bad guy just like mcclane only explosions always occur with mcclane

Eh...the plans usually always happen in the end no matter what. I'm referring to the old Scooby Doo by the way. I have no idea what happens in the new ones. Usually in the old ones I recall the "final" trap always working regardless if Shaggy and Scooby really did anything or not.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2010 04:11 PM
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

"Too old for this shit."

And yet he won the day, as usual.

quote:
Mhm. You mean when he took on four asians in Murtaughs house an kicked their asses? (A feat Mac could never hope to replicate.)

quote:
Yet he killed them. Hmm.

quote:
See, Mac HAS to resort to such measures. Why? Because what he fails to accomplish with his h2h or guns, Riggs does daily.

You see, Riggs is better than Mac. In every possible way, except maybe mass destruction, and luck. Riggs doesn't need luck. Superior skills>>>>luck, all day every day.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2010 09:57 PM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Nope. He and his husband Murtaugh won the day. BIG difference.

McClane routinely takes out groups of assassins. This is obvious to anyone who has seen the die hard movies.

Oh so NOW you accept that logic? Flip Flopper. Besides Riggs AND MURTAUGH killed them.

No, McClane was being both creative and timesaving (Two things Riggs is bad at) with is for the win.

(Your hypothesis has been shown to be weak and for the fail. McTriumph for the man from New Jersey.)

Old Post Nov 7th, 2010 10:57 AM
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Nope. He and his husband Murtaugh won the day. BIG difference.

McClane routinely takes out groups of assassins. This is obvious to anyone who has seen the die hard movies.

Oh so NOW you accept that logic? Flip Flopper. Besides Riggs AND MURTAUGH killed them.

No, McClane was being both creative and timesaving (Two things Riggs is bad at) with is for the win.

(Your hypothesis has been shown to be weak and for the fail. McTriumph for the man from New Jersey.)

Mac wins the day with outside assistance. Every time yes

Just accept it. Mac resorts to such destructive because he HAS to. He lacks Riggs? He does what Mac does, only quicker and with greater efficiency.

Shall I name off a few instances that prove this?

Old Post Nov 7th, 2010 02:06 PM
Kaibs
Oh Miley.

Riggs has had WAY more efficient help than McClane man. You know it, as well as I do.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2010 01:18 AM