KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Character Respect Forum » Respect The McClane Factor

Respect The McClane Factor
Started by: Kaibs

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Hasn't been viewed, has it? Nah.

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2010 02:04 PM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Here is someone who has had a McClane like survival feat in real life:

"Van Zan is the Pinocchio of feces." - Lestov16

Old Post Nov 15th, 2010 06:00 PM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Not really.

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2010 07:36 PM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Wait, correct. He had some mad Mac luck. Not a Mac feat though, I thought you meant that.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2010 12:50 AM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Ah... laughing out loud

Old Post Nov 16th, 2010 10:20 AM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Well another year passes through the colon of time.
Another Xmas eve in which the best action/xmas movie ever made gets rightful pride of place in the viewing schedule.

As Hans, Karl and the posse live again for one night of the year, ready to re wreak havoc at nakatomi plaza, we drink beer and prepare to laugh again as we look forward once again to Ellis getting shot in the face.

Yippeekiyay, motherfu**as.

Old Post Dec 24th, 2011 01:01 PM
Lord Shadow Z

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
Another Xmas eve in which the best action/xmas movie ever made gets rightful pride of place in the viewing schedule.

As Hans, Karl and the posse live again for one night of the year, ready to re wreak havoc at nakatomi plaza, we drink beer and prepare to laugh again as we look forward once again to Ellis getting shot in the face.

All hail McClane, and Die Hard that cleans the brief image/audio of Jingle All the Way yesterday from my tortured skull.

As for Ellis, well, what can do you do when you don't have the McClane Factor? Sadly, nothing it seems. Hopefully we'll see McClane sliding down the Kremlin soon with twin Uzis, wiping out Spetsnaz commandos or something.

Old Post Dec 25th, 2011 04:58 PM
Lord Shadow Z is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Shadow Z a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Shadow Z Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Here is someone who has had a McClane like survival feat in real life:

Wow.

Hells yeah, I thoroughly enjoyed my Die Hard X-mas this year. Can someone refresh my memory cuz it's been a long time since I've seen them: are any of the Die Hard sequels set during a holiday of any sort? Christmas, New Years, Yom Kippur...? lol I really don't remember.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2011 06:03 AM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

DH2 was set on Christmas eve too.
DH3 was set in summer
DH4 was either the fall or spring, from the look of it.

Originally posted by Lord Shadow Z
All hail McClane, and Die Hard that cleans the brief image/audio of Jingle All the Way yesterday from my tortured skull.

As for Ellis, well, what can do you do when you don't have the McClane Factor? Sadly, nothing it seems. Hopefully we'll see McClane sliding down the Kremlin soon with twin Uzis, wiping out Spetsnaz commandos or something.

The horror....the horror...

Hahaha yeah as the Xmas eves go by, Ellis sure doesn't get any luckier/more bulletproof... his headwound sure looks moist in HD..

Yeah heres hoping... yes

Last edited by Sadako of Girth on Dec 27th, 2011 at 01:21 PM

Old Post Dec 27th, 2011 01:18 PM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Thanks, brah. I really wanna see the sequels again now. I wonder if they knew that they were making the greatest Christmas movie of all time when they were making the original Die Hard.. hm..

Old Post Dec 27th, 2011 06:35 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Yeah Mcclane would absolutely murder George Bailey from "Its a Wonderful Life".

He wouldn't have a chance.

Die Hard 6 should be set on Bedford falls....just to reaffirm the xmassyness.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2011 06:40 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

I watched it too, couldn't finish as the kids were tired and we had to leave the inlaws. But it's a story I know well.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Dec 27th, 2011 06:48 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Did you at least make it to Ellis getting capped?

Old Post Dec 27th, 2011 06:53 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

No sad

Old Post Dec 27th, 2011 06:56 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

OMG....

This entitles you to a special extended xmas licence to rewatch from the last point you were at...it covers you til 1st of Jan 2012. stick out tongue

Old Post Dec 27th, 2011 07:10 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Thank you, Gov'na. I wasn't aware that this was within my legal rights.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2011 07:14 PM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Few people know of this rare clause.

I regret not knowing about it in 2004.

I fell asleep drunk around 3/4 of the way in and thought that I'd blown my viewing for the year. If only I'd realised.....

Old Post Dec 27th, 2011 07:29 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

I fell asleep drunk around 3/4 of the way in and thought that I'd blown my viewing for the year. If only I'd realised.....

Fear not, if time-travel happens in our lifetime, this should be the first fix on your list. Xmas of 2004.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2011 07:39 PM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Indeed. Other than that (I guess it still counts-ish) the run is unbroken back to 1990ish.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2011 08:12 PM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Originally posted by Robtard
No sad

OMG....

This entitles you to a special extended xmas licence to rewatch from the last point you were at...it covers you til 1st of Jan 2012. stick out tongue

Originally posted by Robtard
Thank you, Gov'na. I wasn't aware that this was within my legal rights.

laughing

Old Post Dec 27th, 2011 08:22 PM