KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Horror Movies » Silent Hill: Revelations

Silent Hill: Revelations
Started by: Nemesis X

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Silent Hill: Revelations

The wait (for the trailer at least) is over!

Soon, Silent Hill fans will be watching the sequel of the film adaptation that appeared in 2006 and it looks like it's going down the SH3 route which looks good (and rather scary which isn't a bad thing for this film and has everyone's favorite creepy, birthday singing caller to boot) so far. Let's hope that the new director, Michael J. Basset, gives this movie justice. The only bad news is that this will be in 3D which I'm sure most of you already know from looking at the title of the vid above.

The plot is simple: Heather Mason (yes, the same protagonist from SH3), has nightmares that lead her to the demonic town and the mystery of her father's disappearence.

May we, the fans, hope that this horror movie will be made of win.

Last edited by Nemesis X on Nov 5th, 2010 at 04:42 AM

Old Post Nov 5th, 2010 04:40 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Looks actually pretty legit. I like what they did in the car when your eyes are following the thing on the road and wondering what it HOLY SHIT WHERE DID THAT COME FROM!

Also that has to be the most passive-aggressive happy birthday song ever. And Yahtzee's taught me that Silent hill should be choched full of passive-aggression.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2010 11:31 AM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

It doesn't look anywhere near as good as Christophe Gan's underrated first film. Don't expect much from the new director, he hasn't done anything fantastic but at least he has already done two horror films, nothing special though.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2010 05:02 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

Is that even the trailer?! if you see the messages, it's mentioned that it's a fan made trailer...

Old Post Nov 5th, 2010 10:21 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
A Hero's Fate
The Legend Ends

Fake.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2010 10:58 PM
A Hero's Fate is currently offline Click here to Send A Hero's Fate a Private Message Find more posts by A Hero's Fate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

No wonder it looked crap...

Old Post Nov 5th, 2010 11:08 PM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

****!

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2010 09:39 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

Really hope that's not it...The cinematography is WAY off from the feel of the 1st film...Which is partly what made the 1st film so good.

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Nov 7th, 2010 11:31 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

It isn't, it's shitty fan trailer.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2010 01:13 PM
Scythe
The Goat

/facepalm.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2010 11:01 AM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mardook
Easier said than done!

Re: Silent Hill: Revelations

If this movie does happen. I hope they keep the look of the first film but inject a better story and rational characters that don't do stupid shit!

Things I liked about the first film.

1. The atmosphere of the setting was amazing. The fog, the mine fires. Cool ideas.
2. The music was good in some parts... need to be toned down.
3. The creatures were awesome... not all.
4. Sexy characters are always watchable.
5. Sound FX were great... the siren heralding the oncoming darkness was good.

Things I did not like.

1. Stupid characters doing irrational or things that make no sense. Example of this... The scene following the two women in the broom closet after the darkness goes away. ... " Sexy Cop Chick: WHAT THE **** JUST HAPPENED? THAT REALLY HAPPENED RIGHT? Rose: Oh... nevermind that I need to find my daughter before this happens again. Will you help me?" Seriously, that was ****ing retarded... totally pulled me out of the movie. Why should I care when the main character treats crazy supernatural shit like that like its an everyday occurance. She should have been traumatized or shitting her pants too... then I would have believed her ordeal of trying to find her daughter. Although, the Sexy Cop Chick should have said... **** THAT... DO YOU REALLY THINK AFTER ALL THAT, YOUR DAUGHTER IS ALIVE?

2. The music could be toned down some. In parts, it drives the scares which I absolutely hate.
3. CGI is not necessary, the burning children was probably the weakest effect.
4. Better antagonist... the idea of the cult and the leader was somewhat hit and miss. A logical backstory and villains would help.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2011 07:49 AM
mardook is currently offline Click here to Send mardook a Private Message Find more posts by mardook Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

quote: (post)
Originally posted by MildPossession
Don't expect much from the new director, he hasn't done anything fantastic but at least he has already done two horror films, nothing special though.

Check out 'Solomon Kane' a decent adaptation of a Robert E Howard character.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2011 12:02 PM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

I have. I still stand by the above.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2011 03:56 PM
K.Diddy
DiddyWood Style

Not interested.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2011 11:16 PM
K.Diddy is currently offline Click here to Send K.Diddy a Private Message Find more posts by K.Diddy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StyleTime

I'm a massive fan of the Silent Hill video games, and I've spent rediculous amounts of time playing and replaying Silent Hill 3 in particular; naturally, I'm skeptical about this.

I cringe whenever I hear my favorite games are getting movie adaptations because they rarely capture what made the game great. I don't expect a totally faithful adaptation, but the first Silent Hill movie was decent in its own right; I can only hope that this one is at least of that quality.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2011 05:10 AM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

The director says its complete and now awaiting word from producers

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansi...9/news/?a=56577

Old Post Mar 19th, 2012 06:03 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

What a coincidence..

I've actually started watching Silent Hill again. I remembered kind of liking it, just the mood and atmosphere. Great production design. I know nothing about the game, but I guess I'm not too surprised that it's based on a game cuz the plot is pretty flimsy, but the visuals and atmosphere made up for that, I think. I haven't gotten to the ending, yet, and I don't remember it too well, but I've enjoyed it so far. Radha Mitchell is so good. I'm dissapointed to see that the sequel is not the same director as the first. That's a bummer.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2012 03:51 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
What a coincidence..

I've actually started watching Silent Hill again. I remembered kind of liking it, just the mood and atmosphere. Great production design. I know nothing about the game, but I guess I'm not too surprised that it's based on a game cuz the plot is pretty flimsy.

Having it based on a game does'nt mean the plot is "flimsy" maybe the scriptwriter/s failed at doing a good job of it.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2012 05:33 AM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Well, I actually think the screenwriters did a pretty good job with a flimsy premise. The movie works because of good atmosphere, direction, and performances. Plus the violence, weird creatures, and irreverance...

big grin

From your link up there, Kazenj...

quote:
"For Silent Hill fans, I’m afraid the waiting game has truly begun for all of us. The movie is complete and is now in the hands of the producers who are deciding when and how to release the picture. I can honestly tell you that you now know as much as I do. i.e. nothing at all."

I don't really understand this. Are these producers incompetent or something? Shouldn't they have a pretty solid idea for how to release a film before it's finished? Or maybe it turned out so bad that they are afraid to put it in theaters and are thinking straight-to-video? Or vice versa?

Last edited by Patient_Leech on Mar 20th, 2012 at 04:32 PM

Old Post Mar 20th, 2012 04:26 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Yeah whatever the plot if flimsy coming from someone who hasn't played it.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2012 03:43 AM