KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Respect' Forum » Robert Reynolds: The Sentry

Robert Reynolds: The Sentry
Started by: "Id"

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
and near the end we even see the Watcher from that Universe talking to the Watcher from the 616 regarding the events.
thumb up

Originally posted by Galan007
(please log in to view the image)

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Jan 8th, 2011 06:30 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ankur29
ankur

the guy that wrote that must be mentally retarded

Old Post Jan 8th, 2011 11:09 PM
ankur29 is currently offline Click here to Send ankur29 a Private Message Find more posts by ankur29 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
R3d33m3r

i dont care what anyone in this topic says considering all the bias that everyone has towards thor. the void was going to nuke the world, end of story. thanks to a 40 ounce of Marvel and Bendis PIS by writing themselves into a corner with the void being more powerful than Molecule Man, ANOTHER one of my favorite characters suffers as a result. thank you marvel, may Bendis and Joe Quesidilla BURN IN HELL!!! mad mad

the only one who stopped the void was Robert Reynolds. I will stand by it till the day I die that the ONLY person who could stand up to the void was Bob/Sentry. B O B. thats it... bob regained some measure of control with that GOD awful helicarrier nonsense (still pissed at that), saw that Thor didnt want to kill him and he forced thor's hand by killing BOB.. NOT the void. he provoked the void to come out to get himself killed.

end of discussion, its clearly stated.

goodbye.

Old Post Jan 9th, 2011 12:49 AM
R3d33m3r is currently offline Click here to Send R3d33m3r a Private Message Find more posts by R3d33m3r Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
R3d33m3r

almost forgot, does anyone else HATE Lindy? I've been re-reading Sentry's TPB and god damn she is such a witch some times. was it ever established that she cheated on him w/ that trainer of hers?

what a witch!

Old Post Jan 9th, 2011 12:51 AM
R3d33m3r is currently offline Click here to Send R3d33m3r a Private Message Find more posts by R3d33m3r Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

The What If is still a comic book and if it says otherwise, it trumps what Bendis said online because comics > interviews. You keep saying it's a What If like that's some sort of an argument. The first few pages acknowledged what happened in the 616 and near the end we even see the Watcher from that Universe talking to the Watcher from the 616 regarding the events. The scans Galan posted are cannon. There's no logical reason why they shouldn't be. At the very least, they hold more weight than Bendis' interview on a forum.

That being said, I don't think Ares weakening Sentry makes sense but whatever.

You don't get to pick and chose what's cannon. You tried the same bullshit with the Squirrel Girl scene and are probably going to pull the same shit here.

Edit: Siege #4 doesn't go hand in hand with Bendis' interview. At least not the way people spin it.
The rules are very particular about what if's. We read the comic and the interview supported it. Sorry this only counts for the what if version of these events.

Old Post Jan 9th, 2011 07:00 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bbrem123

@rage

im confused...u say its cannon but dont believe it?

Old Post Jan 9th, 2011 07:18 AM
bbrem123 is currently offline Click here to Send bbrem123 a Private Message Find more posts by bbrem123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Originally posted by bbrem123
@rage

im confused...u say its cannon but dont believe it?

I'd say the same thing I think: It's canon but not good writing. The last few issues that had Sentry on it were increasingly less consistant, that's part of what drove me appart from the character.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Jan 9th, 2011 10:26 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
joesha28
Asgard's Advocate

He's dead... A character that never had any answers.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2011 05:57 AM
joesha28 is currently offline Click here to Send joesha28 a Private Message Find more posts by joesha28 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deadline

As far as I remember my stance has always been that Void was worn down until Reynolds gained some control, but then Void soon returned, and Thor killed him. But Reynolds wanting to die contributed to him not returning (At least to a point)

Ok I can go with that.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2011 12:46 PM
Deadline is currently offline Click here to Send Deadline a Private Message Find more posts by Deadline Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Kandy

Re: Encounters: Dark Avengers period part 2

EDIT

Old Post Mar 8th, 2011 01:46 AM
King Kandy is currently offline Click here to Send King Kandy a Private Message Find more posts by King Kandy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kakuzu
A new heart I see!!

As far as I remember my stance has always been that Void was worn down until Reynolds gained some control, but then Void soon returned, and Thor killed him. But Reynolds wanting to die contributed to him not returning (At least to a point)

I mean that was a horribly weak Thor anyway which is why it took him so long. If this was back in the original Avengers vls in his original costumed, Thor would probably say "Void have at thee go all out!!" and then continue on to pwn the hell out of him. The funny thing about these new stories is they make the strongest hero look like he needs help from the other heroes, when in reality back in his own comics he was taking out celestials... fighting planets, fighting a planet that made antibodies just as strong as he was.... Really Void didn't even do anything forreal to be considered that much of a threat because he didn't do much, surprised he was able to kill Loki a guy who's taken a direct hit from the destroyers own blast at point blank? I'm not trying to diss sentry but the whole arc he void wasn't fighting anybody to powerful.

Old Post Mar 15th, 2011 07:11 PM
kakuzu is currently offline Click here to Send kakuzu a Private Message Find more posts by kakuzu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GRIMNIR

In my Marvel Universe I would have Sentry as the most powerful being in the Marvel Universe. Only Celestials and above would be more powerful.
I would get rid of the Void aspect completely and make his sole weakness he mental instability.
Scarlet Witch would be a villain and the only character capable of beating her would be Sentry.
He would be Sentry of Earth and be its protector from all threats, called upon by characters such as Iron Man in times of crisis.
He powers would be
Superhuman strength (matched only by Hulk at max rage)
Superhuman durability (matched only by Juggernaut)
Superhuman speed (only Silver Surfer being faster)
Energy and Matter Manipulation on a par with Scarlet Witch.
big grin

Old Post Mar 17th, 2011 10:00 AM
GRIMNIR is currently offline Click here to Send GRIMNIR a Private Message Find more posts by GRIMNIR Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kakuzu
A new heart I see!!

Originally posted by GRIMNIR
In my Marvel Universe I would have Sentry as the most powerful being in the Marvel Universe. Only Celestials and above would be more powerful.
I would get rid of the Void aspect completely and make his sole weakness he mental instability.
Scarlet Witch would be a villain and the only character capable of beating her would be Sentry.
He would be Sentry of Earth and be its protector from all threats, called upon by characters such as Iron Man in times of crisis.
He powers would be
Superhuman strength (matched only by Hulk at max rage)
Superhuman durability (matched only by Juggernaut)
Superhuman speed (only Silver Surfer being faster)
Energy and Matter Manipulation on a par with Scarlet Witch.
big grin

You must not read very many marvel comics huh? Not downing Sentry but one of the most powerful in the universe? No, one of the most powerful heroes than yes. If you just say the celestial, and completely ignore Galactus, Silver Surfer, Thanos, Gladiator, Ego the living planet, Stranger, Beyonder, X man, Atum/demogorge, sky farther level gods(not the weak regular ones like Ares) Utahs race of omnipotent beings, death, eternity, oblivion, chaos, and so many others than your pretty new to comics. You made horrible comparisons by the way. Hulk isn't the strongest in marvel but is he pretty much close to one of the strongest versions of Hulk in strength. Juggernauts durability and Sentrys durability are totally different I.E you look at how they've both been destroyed, nobody really has Hulk durability, if anything you compare it to the other heroes. Silver Surfer isn't the only one faster, when you have others like Northstar, Dr.Stranger, Hell even Thors done twice the speed of light thing, the one black girl who goes light speed when she turns to light, even living laser. Scarlet witch isn't really even and master energy matter manipulator, if anything you thats where you put Silver Surfer, Sersi, or Molecule man. Since he rarely uses that power and has done what they've done you should just put he has the power, don't just automatically compare him to the best, you just make him look bad doing that. Pretty much everything you wrote just really made Sentry look bad, saying he scarlet witch would be the only one that can stop him? Really? She isn't even a villain as much now a days, not only that anybody who can stop her from moving her hands or making a sound can easily beat her, hell cap could with a swing of his shield, If your atleast going to make a comparison say World War Hulk, because it was actually legit. You just made him look really bad man.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2012 05:56 AM
kakuzu is currently offline Click here to Send kakuzu a Private Message Find more posts by kakuzu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Doctor Wang
Restricted

Account Restricted

Sentry mini series 2 was awesome let us not forget that series and forget everything post it.

Old Post Feb 7th, 2012 04:08 PM
Doctor Wang is currently offline Click here to Send Doctor Wang a Private Message Find more posts by Doctor Wang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Endless Mike
Sqirrel Girl fanboy

Originally posted by kakuzu X man

Didn't he admit Sentry would kick his ass?

Sig by Starlock

Old Post Mar 13th, 2012 08:42 AM
Endless Mike is currently offline Click here to Send Endless Mike a Private Message Find more posts by Endless Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Originally posted by kakuzu
You must not read very many marvel comics huh? Not downing Sentry but one of the most powerful in the universe? No, one of the most powerful heroes than yes. If you just say the celestial, and completely ignore Galactus, Silver Surfer, Thanos, Gladiator, Ego the living planet, Stranger, Beyonder, X man, Atum/demogorge, sky farther level gods(not the weak regular ones like Ares) Utahs race of omnipotent beings, death, eternity, oblivion, chaos, and so many others than your pretty new to comics. You made horrible comparisons by the way. Hulk isn't the strongest in marvel but is he pretty much close to one of the strongest versions of Hulk in strength. Juggernauts durability and Sentrys durability are totally different I.E you look at how they've both been destroyed, nobody really has Hulk durability, if anything you compare it to the other heroes. Silver Surfer isn't the only one faster, when you have others like Northstar, Dr.Stranger, Hell even Thors done twice the speed of light thing, the one black girl who goes light speed when she turns to light, even living laser. Scarlet witch isn't really even and master energy matter manipulator, if anything you thats where you put Silver Surfer, Sersi, or Molecule man. Since he rarely uses that power and has done what they've done you should just put he has the power, don't just automatically compare him to the best, you just make him look bad doing that. Pretty much everything you wrote just really made Sentry look bad, saying he scarlet witch would be the only one that can stop him? Really? She isn't even a villain as much now a days, not only that anybody who can stop her from moving her hands or making a sound can easily beat her, hell cap could with a swing of his shield, If your atleast going to make a comparison say World War Hulk, because it was actually legit. You just made him look really bad man.

I don't know what it is with you and your butt hurt over Hulk but get over it. Hulk is>>Thor in strength and thinking otherwise just make you look terrible.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Mar 13th, 2012 03:32 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
starlitfan

Originally posted by carver9
I don't know what it is with you and your butt hurt over Hulk but get over it. Hulk is>>Thor in strength and thinking otherwise just make you look terrible.

awww, i hate Thor so much now. i really do. lol

Old Post Jun 7th, 2012 04:39 AM
starlitfan is currently offline Click here to Send starlitfan a Private Message Find more posts by starlitfan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DrDoomsday-360
Sentrydrawsthorsblood-3

(( laughing just like thor crazy fanboys they love to overhype him so much that it makes you start to dislike of him and they also won't admit that thor can get his butt kicked like everybody else no matter how powerful he is))

Old Post Jun 7th, 2012 05:24 AM
DrDoomsday-360 is currently offline Click here to Send DrDoomsday-360 a Private Message Find more posts by DrDoomsday-360 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
starlitfan

Originally posted by DrDoomsday-360
(( laughing just like thor crazy fanboys they love to overhype him so much that it makes you start to dislike of him and they also won't admit that thor can get his butt kicked like everybody else no matter how powerful he is))

i remember Hulk beating him..he hit him in the face with his own hammer and knocked him out. lol

Old Post Jun 12th, 2012 03:55 AM
starlitfan is currently offline Click here to Send starlitfan a Private Message Find more posts by starlitfan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gamma Burst

Originally posted by carver9

It's normal for thor fanboys. They can't stop thinking about the Hulk. wink

Old Post Jun 13th, 2012 10:39 AM
Gamma Burst is currently offline Click here to Send Gamma Burst a Private Message Find more posts by Gamma Burst Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote