KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Character Respect Forum » Harry Ellis, Respect!!!

Harry Ellis, Respect!!!
Started by: Rogue Jedi

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Harry Ellis, Respect!!!

HARRY ELLIS

Harry Ellis, the guy who wanted to make a deal with Die Hard villain Hans Gruber. While working-class cop John McClane was fighting to stay alive and beat the bad guys, Ellis figured it would be better to treat the murderous terrorists the way he would any high powered business client. And with the cocaine fueled optimism of the rich and stupid, Ellis proclaims: "Hey babe, I negotiate million dollar deals for breakfast, I think I can handle this Eurotrash."

Hans (who for the record isn't really a terrorist, just an exceptional thief) is actually momentarily amused by Ellis's audacity. "Hans, bubby, I'm your white knight," Ellis says to the dumfounded sociopathic mastermind. Ellis's solution is to pretend to be John McClane's good friend, thereby making him a bargaining chip in Hans's eyes. While McClane clearly detested Ellis the moment he met him, he nonetheless does his heroic best to convince Hans that the men are most certainly not friends.

Ellis is the greatest example of someone who has all the confidence in the world when he shouldn't have any. His over the top antics are perhaps the only moment in the movie where McClane and Hans probably agree on anything: that life would probably be better without Harry Ellis. While this fact is almost completely lost to poor Ellis himself, the reality of his situation starts to dawn on him when Hans puts a rather serious looking gun on the table between them.

"What am I a method actor? Hans, babe, put away the gun. This is radio here, not television," he says. But he still doesn't get it, and all of his Rolex-wearing, cocaine snorting, cock of the walk confidence leads to his taking a bullet to the head. In the end, Harry Ellis died doing what he loved: listening to himself talk.

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2010 01:47 AM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

You forgot to reference the source you copy/pasted all that from...

http://uk.stars.ign.com/articles/826/826238p1.html

(please log in to view the image)

"Van Zan is the Pinocchio of feces." - Lestov16

Last edited by Sadako of Girth on Nov 15th, 2010 at 08:54 AM

Old Post Nov 15th, 2010 08:51 AM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Mhm, and? Is that like an MCRF rule? Didn't think so.

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2010 08:56 AM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Well isnt copy and pasting stuff and just posting that only classified as spam? It also might be an issue copyright law-wise. (Depending on the site.)

Not to mention its just lazy nicking someone else's...and not even bothering to put pics up for your tribute subject....

Luckily, RJ, Booby....Im your white knight.

Last edited by Sadako of Girth on Nov 15th, 2010 at 09:09 AM

Old Post Nov 15th, 2010 09:05 AM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

If you were my white knight, I'd eat buckshot.

As for "copyright infringement"...

Hear that? That's the sound of no one caring.

Vids>>>>>Pics, babe.

Last edited by Rogue Jedi on Nov 15th, 2010 at 09:37 AM

Old Post Nov 15th, 2010 09:29 AM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
If you were my white knight, I'd eat buckshot.

Well Im your white knight, in that case.

Now be careful as you chew. Its a bit tough on the teeth, I'd suspect.

Happy Dance

Old Post Nov 15th, 2010 09:56 AM
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Nah. Besides, how you gonna do that AND pay attention to Mac's nuts?

Old Post Nov 15th, 2010 07:37 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
You forgot to reference the source you copy/pasted all that from...

http://uk.stars.ign.com/articles/826/826238p1.html

While reading that, I though to myself "this is way too well written and thought out to be RJ." smile

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Nov 15th, 2010 10:20 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Robtard
While reading that, I though to myself "this is way too well written and thought out to be RJ." smile
I could actually put it in better words. Didn't see the point, so I just copied and pasted. Pretty sure it's been done here alot.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2010 12:43 AM
Robtard
Senor Member

I could actually put it in better words. Didn't see the point, so I just copied and pasted. Pretty sure it's been done here alot.

No worries, I'm not upset at your plagiarizing ass. Thread's still funny.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Nov 16th, 2010 12:47 AM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Ellis is hard not to like, despite his treachery and weasellike nature. He's the type of guy I'd want throwing me a bachelor party.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2010 12:49 AM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

'Til, of course, some German Jocks turn up and he tries selling your ass to them... shifty

I mean.... McClane let him off when he found him snorting the old peruvian marching powder in Holly's office.

Holly's office man.....Holly's office....

And he STILL sold out out the Mac when it became advantageous to do so.

The only other weasley corporate shark type I know of (of his Calibre) was Carter J Burke from Aliens...

He looked like a nice dude at first, then he throws you a batchelor party and then just as you fall asleep drunk, not only does Burke shave your eyebrows off, but something grips your head and you end up with a getting an organic tube shoved forcibly down your throat that lays a weird creature in your Thorax..

Surely that would make him suspect as a party host potential.

Last edited by Sadako of Girth on Nov 16th, 2010 at 10:41 AM

Old Post Nov 16th, 2010 10:28 AM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Nah. Besides, how you gonna do that AND pay attention to Mac's nuts?

Hey, as evidenced by this, you're the one with his mind constantly on the McNutsack. smile

(Mine is just on the many feats that make him better than Riggs.)

Mmmm. I can see why a Harry Ellis/Carter J Burke party would appeal to you now, maybe lol

Old Post Nov 16th, 2010 10:45 AM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

By you maybe. lol

Old Post Nov 16th, 2010 11:23 AM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Hahahaha Yeah that was what made me suspicious too.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2010 11:24 AM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

No worries, I'm not upset at your plagiarizing ass. Thread's still funny.

+ 1

Old Post Nov 16th, 2010 11:26 AM
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
By you maybe. lol
K.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2010 01:25 PM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

stick out tongue Cheer up. Just bustin' chops...

Old Post Nov 16th, 2010 01:35 PM
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

I know, Pinball.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2010 01:53 PM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

stick out tongue

Old Post Nov 16th, 2010 02:02 PM