KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Harry Potter » Deathly Hallows Part 1: Reviews

Deathly Hallows Part 1: Reviews
Started by: ~Bun Bun~

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
siriuswriter

Saw it for the second time last night, and it was even better. It wasn't long at all during the camping, because I knew what happened at each "stop," and once they Apparated to "that one wood" they'd be moving on. And such. The dancing wasn't as awkward, but that was probably because I knew they weren't going to kiss. The efirst time through, I was all : they could kiss now and it would flow with the movie.

But They Didn't. big grin

Anyway. Even better second time around.

It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2011 06:24 PM
siriuswriter is currently offline Click here to Send siriuswriter a Private Message Find more posts by siriuswriter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eezy45
Winter is coming

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Rapscallion
The biggest problem is that it is of course only one half of the whole so you know from the outset that their isn't going to be any resolution or satisfying ending and that robs the film of any sense of purpose.

I didn't think that robbed the film the purpose. I was actually really pleased with the thought that they finally took their time for such a complex book loaded with details.

quote:
Originally posted by Rapscallion
It's awkwardly paced: it is breathless and ponderous in equal measure. It both feels like its in a hurry but doesn't go anywhere. Its very episodic and scenes seem to just happen rather than follow in a logical, continuous narrative.

And that, I feel, was a much more distinct feature of the OotP and HBP films. Of course it's a little episodic, and I can't imagine telling the story differently with only 240 minutes of time. And that's the point: Imagine they had had only 120. Come on, OotP was horrible because it just rushed from one episode to another.

I must say I think it's one of the best they made so far. I can't wait for the second part (waiting is horrible there), but I'm pleased with the outcome of the first half of the two-parter.

Last edited by eezy45 on Jan 6th, 2011 at 09:41 PM

Old Post Jan 6th, 2011 09:39 PM
eezy45 is currently offline Click here to Send eezy45 a Private Message Find more posts by eezy45 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
siriuswriter

[And I finally figured out what George puts in his ear-less hole in the Harry/Ginny scene. It was a toothbrush. Ahhh, you gotta love the Weasley twins.]

It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2011 12:13 AM
siriuswriter is currently offline Click here to Send siriuswriter a Private Message Find more posts by siriuswriter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote