KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Unhosted Role Plays » Project Cronus (OOC and Registration)

Project Cronus (OOC and Registration)
Started by: Arsenic Synn

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (10): « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
starryknight

whats so funny! embarrasment

Old Post Nov 28th, 2010 01:31 AM
starryknight is currently offline Click here to Send starryknight a Private Message Find more posts by starryknight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PsyrenAviance
The Body Beautiful

Great Idea nix. only problem i see is how are they going to fight against the likes of Hades,Athena,Hermes and Aphrodite who powers are either highly long ranged,super quick

I really like your idea just wondering how would we have them be able to fight those listed.

Old Post Nov 28th, 2010 01:40 AM
PsyrenAviance is currently offline Click here to Send PsyrenAviance a Private Message Find more posts by PsyrenAviance Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phoenix3068
RP Legend

Well maybe they have a bit of resiliance. Soldiers fighting in combat (not-US) will sometimes drug themselves so they feel no pain, it could also be possible that they can delay the effects of like Hades nightmare ability. Aside from that, they don't always need face to face combat. If I were a mere agent trying to kill a powerful being I would use a type of long range, powerful weapon. We are still human so guns will effect us, perhaps a rifle of some sort from a hidden point. I see that we have several flaws with our characters as far as being overpowered.

1. As shown by Athena, we ALWAYS know where the enemy is. I'll admit I did it too but everytime an enemy is within range we just look at them like "I can see you ya know."
2. We kill hordes of agents in half a second just by sending out a low burst of strength. Maybe they use a type of device that can neutralize us for a few seconds; that way we need to have assistance to escape.
3. These agents are no "better trained" then a simple mugger. They walk up with no special outfit to reduce the effects of our abilities and they have maybe a handgun or something. The only REAL enemy we've even seen so far is Medusa and that's because DB is the ONLY person who signed up as an enemy Agent.

My solution to fixing things like Hades, Athena, Aphrodites, etc power is that we put limits on their lengths of use. After using an ability, perhaps it winds the user where they because highly fatigued.
Poseidon's downfall is that without water he's useless, put him in a concrete building and he's really just a human (until he does the math that like 97% of the human body is water).
Which aside from that, there's also the fact that he has to hold concentration. If you break his concentration, he can't move the water (note: guys please stop referring to Poseidon as a water bender this is not Avatar >_< )

Hades strikes me as he could be like Tobias from HH3. When his abilities are used actively he has the chance of sending himself into a massive nightmare; his abilities can backfire.
Aphrodite I say would just be put a straight girl against her XD but that's unlikely and probably still something around it.
Athena in this really just has telekinesis. If the agents were to send out a set of vibrations through the air, it could interrupt her own thought patterns and she wouldn't be able to think clearly. (confusion)

On another note, I like how limited Ares seems but his attitude and the way he is in combat so far show's him off like he's stronger. Perhaps have him advance as the story progresses.

Final Note: I just noticed o.o am I the "Nix" that you've referred to a few times Venom? I just thought Phoe(nix) and never actually thought about it much in the past.

Old Post Nov 28th, 2010 02:09 AM
Phoenix3068 is currently offline Click here to Send Phoenix3068 a Private Message Find more posts by Phoenix3068 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kitsune Oni
Kishi

Well the agents could get stronger as we go. Like they start sending out stronger ones that have been genetically enhanced, kinda like we have but not to our extent, with better weapons maybe some experimental ones? I do think we should keep our powers as strong as they are though. I mean our characters were in that lab almost all of their lives and the brutal training they would've went through there would've almost maxed their abilities, I think, but using their abilities could wear on their stamina or something like that. And I do think we need something to be working toward besides staying below the radar, cause we can't run forever. But this is just what I think. confused

The person deficient in resisting [The pain that] most people resist, and are able to resist, is soft... --Aristotle

Last edited by Kitsune Oni on Nov 28th, 2010 at 02:19 AM

Old Post Nov 28th, 2010 02:15 AM
Kitsune Oni is currently offline Click here to Send Kitsune Oni a Private Message Find more posts by Kitsune Oni Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bladewind

I agree with "nix" so far. About Kitsune's post: the subjects seemingly only used their abilities against scientists and people picked up from the street. Thus they only know real battle in theory. Also they are most likely not at their full potential. Some things only come to the surface in certain situations.

Old Post Nov 28th, 2010 02:30 AM
Bladewind is currently offline Click here to Send Bladewind a Private Message Find more posts by Bladewind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wei Phoenix
One-Eyed Dragon Of Oshu

For Aphrodite, her powers can't work on someone who's truly in love and with their true love.

Hermes, slow the dude down. Giving him speed comparable to Flash is making him insane and unbeatable unless everyone has light speed reflexes.

Hades, be Daredevil, the man without fear. His powers should not work on the fearless, courageous and brave of heart for they fear no man, beast or fate.

Ares really should have a different power. He's so limited and weak compared to the others.

Use technology to counter telekinesis, neural inhibitors, a beacon that drains Godly energy, let science trump this "magical" science.

You Wa Shock!

Last edited by Wei Phoenix on Nov 28th, 2010 at 02:44 AM

Old Post Nov 28th, 2010 02:41 AM
Wei Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Wei Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Wei Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
starryknight

i had an something like that in mind Phoenix 3068 thats why i created an agent with gadgets and stuff big grin

Old Post Nov 28th, 2010 02:50 AM
starryknight is currently offline Click here to Send starryknight a Private Message Find more posts by starryknight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phoenix3068
RP Legend

I say they are no where NEAR their full potential. They were never truly pitted against a target of equal strength. It's like a game: When fighting monsters 20 levels below you, you may gain +1 Exp in a fight. When you fight against something that has such little combat experience, you won't be very strong. Aside from that, all of their training has been controlled. I use again the 15% example because as strong as they make think they are; they could still go SO much further. I think they will really start to realize their abilities after fighting against more Agent's like Medusa.. perhaps even among themselves.

I'm thinking about this all like a game. I hate games where everything you fight is a 1 hit kill because then there's no challenge. When you're in an RP and you start wiping out hordes of enemies without so much as a flinch, you hardly have to think. There's no challenge to it and you really take nothing from it. My vote is that our powers are not yet even recognized and that our enemies are stronger. As far as stronger forces go; I'm sure people who are smart enough to be able to enhance human beings into demi-gods MUST have had some kind of a safety protocol incase they were to escape. That's why I find the "Agents" that we're fighting now so pathetic in thought. One of us alone could have busted out of the place without even a fight; then if this is all that we're facing we could all just lay back on a hill and talk and if anyone show's up snap our fingers and they would burn to death. You have my suggestions smile I hope that someone takes them into consideration.

As far as our actual goal goes.. I've been thinking of this. Arsenic really hasn't announced much on the matter, so I've been wondering what we could possibly do. Perhaps our goals could lay along these lines.

1. Escape the view of the agents and scientists to regroup and discuss their next moves.
2. Become more in sync with our godly counterpart (Project Ares with Ares - Project Aphrodite with Aphrodite). The more in sync with them they are, would surely mean the more abilities that become available to them.
3. To be free from them forever there would only be two ways. Death or Glory. They would have to destroy the lab that they were encased in for so long.
4. Cronus would be the ultimate goal. He would be our ultimate enemy and therefore the true one pulling the strings (at least in our eyes). So our goal could be to ultimately defeat him.... or get him to change teams.
5. From there it's just a matter of destroying all the research facilities that could possibly be out for us. Of course we can't do any of this yet because we lack both the knowledge and the power to overtake that and we have to go with the assumption that Cronus is more powerful than all of the Projects.

Old Post Nov 28th, 2010 02:53 AM
Phoenix3068 is currently offline Click here to Send Phoenix3068 a Private Message Find more posts by Phoenix3068 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
starryknight

you are just a list making machine today Phoenix3068

Old Post Nov 28th, 2010 03:01 AM
PsyrenAviance
The Body Beautiful

Good job Nix. Nate I agree with most but the Aphrodite weakness. Her main weakness as shown already is that she physically weaker than the others.Then I guess it would depend on which part of her power set we are talking about. Her defense that couldn't be a weakness.

Now I guess this means we better start fighting Sirens,Minotaurs, and such like

Last edited by PsyrenAviance on Nov 28th, 2010 at 04:37 AM

Old Post Nov 28th, 2010 04:34 AM
PsyrenAviance is currently offline Click here to Send PsyrenAviance a Private Message Find more posts by PsyrenAviance Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phoenix3068
RP Legend

lol didn't know they had such things. I do have a small idea...

I was playing Magna Carta 2 and there are these things called "Sentinel". This is a universal monster in the meaning that there are millions of different types through millions of different games. In this game, Sentinels are monsters of extreme power that are created by 3 factors.

1. Human Body.
2. Monster Body.
3. Blood Pact.

It's a form of bringing the two together than using a powerful magic to form the monster. If you use someone like Cronus as a base for magic all that you need to think of is using the DNA from things like Minotaurs which could have existed back like the Olympians did and combining it with a human subject like the Agents or Scientists. I was thinking; that could be something that could be on an equal playing field with the Olympian Projects. We would defeat them of course but the battle itself would be one that would go into great detail and possibly having lasting odds. When you think about it; it does seem logical that they would send stuff like that at us. But still that's just my opinion and I do have the MG2 Fever :P

Old Post Nov 28th, 2010 06:03 AM
Arsenic Synn

Actually, Phoenix, that's a killer idea. Let's instill it here, ASAP, folks! XD

Also, sorry for the absence. Was away for Thanksgiving with the family, and they have no 'net, so...

We're all mad here...

Old Post Nov 28th, 2010 07:08 AM
Arsenic Synn is currently offline Click here to Send Arsenic Synn a Private Message Find more posts by Arsenic Synn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arsenic Synn

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
For Aphrodite, her powers can't work on someone who's truly in love and with their true love.

Hermes, slow the dude down. Giving him speed comparable to Flash is making him insane and unbeatable unless everyone has light speed reflexes.

Hades, be Daredevil, the man without fear. His powers should not work on the fearless, courageous and brave of heart for they fear no man, beast or fate.

Ares really should have a different power. He's so limited and weak compared to the others.

Use technology to counter telekinesis, neural inhibitors, a beacon that drains Godly energy, let science trump this "magical" science.

Also, this. I like it. XD

We're all mad here...

Old Post Nov 28th, 2010 07:14 AM
Arsenic Synn is currently offline Click here to Send Arsenic Synn a Private Message Find more posts by Arsenic Synn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bladewind

What power should Ares have? Actually I think the idea is good but it does seem a bit weak compared to the others...

Old Post Nov 28th, 2010 12:39 PM
Bladewind is currently offline Click here to Send Bladewind a Private Message Find more posts by Bladewind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PsyrenAviance
The Body Beautiful

as the god of war I'll state what I remember Wei said which is a healing factor.

I personally lke his current power but i agree he needs more since he's the god of war. He needs to stronger than most of them, he should heal factor.

Old Post Nov 28th, 2010 02:52 PM
Phoenix3068
RP Legend

lol think of him like Kratos! XD Give him some killer armor, huge muscles, blades and what not.

Old Post Nov 28th, 2010 02:56 PM
Wei Phoenix
One-Eyed Dragon Of Oshu

Originally posted by Bladewind
What power should Ares have? Actually I think the idea is good but it does seem a bit weak compared to the others...
Originally posted by Venomancer
as the god of war I'll state what I remember Wei said which is a healing factor.

I personally lke his current power but i agree he needs more since he's the god of war. He needs to stronger than most of them, he should heal factor.

His current power is horrible in my opinion and it's too luck/plot based. In a real life situation he would be screwed 9/10 times. "Damnit! I wish I had a halberd but this broom is too light and small!" That power fits the Heph guy better and it shouldn't be limited to equaling the size and shape of the item.

Ares should be the tank, super strength, enhanced durability, a healing factor. Ares should be the hardest one to put down physically. Make him more brutal, grabbing someone, literally curbstompping them into the ground and then using their recently dead body to beat the rest of the enemies. When I see Ares I don't think about matter manipulation, I see a hardened warrior, ready for the next battle, doing stuff his own way and even betraying the others or fighting against them just to satisfy his bloodlust. It doesn't matter if they all live or die so long as he is given a warriors death.

Originally posted by Arsenic Synn
Also, this. I like it. XD

Thank you, I try.

You Wa Shock!

Old Post Nov 28th, 2010 05:23 PM
Wei Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Wei Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Wei Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bladewind

I agree with Wei so far except for one thing: the god of war would most probably have a weapon on him nearly all the time. Respecting that the power is actually pretty logical.

Old Post Nov 28th, 2010 09:57 PM
Phoenix3068
RP Legend

No acknowledgment for me sad I am sad now.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2010 01:24 AM
Wei Phoenix
One-Eyed Dragon Of Oshu

Originally posted by Bladewind
I agree with Wei so far except for one thing: the god of war would most probably have a weapon on him nearly all the time. Respecting that the power is actually pretty logical.

Why can't he just carry an axe or something with him? Better to have your own weapon that has been baptized in the blood of many enemies than have to keep creating different things from random objects. No matter what that power fits a blacksmith better, way more logical. Ares' whole body should be a weapon.

You Wa Shock!

Old Post Nov 29th, 2010 03:59 AM