KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battlezone » King Kandy's Tourney Round 1, Match 1

King Kandy's Tourney Round 1, Match 1
Started by: King Kandy

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Bentley
Seitei

We'll, I read this a few times since it's short enough for me to do it, and I have to say this match would've been better served if both addressed the strategy of their opponent in direct fashion from the beginning, otherwise I'm just left with a lot of holes about which character can do what, and it's not my job to defend your points in either case.

Smurph's debate and tactic was straight to the point and overall more apt for a tournament, you have to be ambitious in your strategy in order to win and defend it like crazy, he would've done so if he had time to answer before, but since he couldn't this is a little akward.

Reaction times of the monolith, not knowing their opponent location and Lightray's passage through Magneto's shields were all fair questions that inimalist posted; which sadly went unanswered in the debate which frustrates me to no end. Deadlines are one hard truth on this kind of tourney.

I have to go with inimalist, this was short but not bad at all, good work both of you.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Dec 15th, 2010 11:17 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Oh....Snap? This tourney's round robin, yes? Still time for a Smurph rebound, given the (relative) lack of activity this round. Grats to inamilist though.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2010 07:59 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

^ things will change drastically once everyone realized who their next opponent has drafted and what core strategy they are going with.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2010 10:17 PM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quick Freeze
GLC Memeber

what the heck is a Battlezone? what happened to the KMC GLC?? WHAT THE BLEEP IS GOIN ON HERE???...and whens the next tourney

Make your own dream team here!

Old Post Dec 27th, 2010 11:13 AM
Quick Freeze is currently offline Click here to Send Quick Freeze a Private Message Find more posts by Quick Freeze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blair Wind
The Iron Avenger

Holy shit. You haven't been around in a while.

>010010100100000101010010010101100100100101010011<

Old Post Dec 27th, 2010 04:51 PM
Blair Wind is currently offline Click here to Send Blair Wind a Private Message Find more posts by Blair Wind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Black bolt z
Mindsets Master

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Quick Freeze
what the heck is a Battlezone? what happened to the KMC GLC?? WHAT THE BLEEP IS GOIN ON HERE???...and whens the next tourney
Yeah it was just added in the last 3 years.

Instead of tourneys in the CB vs. forum its in the battlezone sub-forum.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2010 09:03 PM
Black bolt z is currently offline Click here to Send Black bolt z a Private Message Find more posts by Black bolt z Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

what happened to the KMC GLC??

god luv 'im, but whirly happened. lol the inmates are running this asylum now.......

Old Post Dec 27th, 2010 10:26 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quick Freeze
GLC Memeber

hmm well the battlezone thing makes sense...and I vaguely remember Whirly...sorta into the barbarian thing right? what does that have to do w the GLC??

Make your own dream team here!

Old Post Dec 28th, 2010 04:06 AM
Quick Freeze is currently offline Click here to Send Quick Freeze a Private Message Find more posts by Quick Freeze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Teams were, for the most part, entirely disbanded and closed. It got to be too many problems for what amounted to off-topic social threads, which we have elsewhere on KMC.

Anyway, hilarious (and good) to see you QF. This tourney is moving slowly, but progressing. There's always more in the works, we usually average about 3 a year.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2010 06:50 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

and digi will continue to flee me

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Dec 28th, 2010 07:48 AM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

hmm well the battlezone thing makes sense...and I vaguely remember Whirly...sorta into the barbarian thing right? what does that have to do w the GLC??

we had a small little group of people who formed a small team and set up--as digi said--what was basically a social thread. it worked well at first. was really fun actually. then whirly sort of....opened the membership to all. next thing you know EVERYONE was a glc member. the thread became nothing more than one more off-topic thread. those who didn't want to join, made their own teams and there was the usual idiocy involving bashing other teams, etc..... so all teams were disbanded. nice to know someone out there is still carrying the torch though.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2010 03:00 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by psycho gundam
and digi will continue to flee me

(please log in to view the image)

Didn't I beat you?

Old Post Dec 29th, 2010 05:55 AM
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

minor detail

Old Post Dec 29th, 2010 08:03 AM
tsilamini

hey all. I guess I should say a big thank you to everyone, judges, psycho, OV, bently, thanks to you all for your time, and especially to smurph. I really don't know what else to say, other than, hopefully sometime we get a better crack at it, I figured I should say something though, so...

but ya, thanks guys, woot woot!

Old Post Dec 31st, 2010 09:07 PM
tsilamini is currently offline Click here to Send tsilamini a Private Message Find more posts by tsilamini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote