KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Sci-Fi / Fantasy » Death Star vs a Borg CUbe

Death Star vs a Borg CUbe
Started by: Brockalizer

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Robtard
Senor Member

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Dec 1st, 2010 06:52 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

Is the link to something funny? I might read it if it's funny, otherwise, too much text.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Dec 1st, 2010 06:57 PM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

It is not.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2010 07:03 PM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
Star Wars "lasers" aren't light, as Borbarad kept arguing.

Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
Yeah. Like I said, they're not actual lasers. It's a misnomer.

How does that change anything in my post, though? They shots still disappear into nothing. They are still subject to gravity. Everything I stated still remains.

Originally posted by Flyattractor
I don't really recall seeing a lot of "Long Range" fighting going on in the ST shows,and Movies I have ever watched/

Most of those ship battles seemed to get nose to nose with each other.
[/B]

You should watch more of the TV shows, then, eh? You, personally, not having seen it does not make stop being an attribute, agreed?

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2010 12:40 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Originally posted by dadudemon
How does that change anything in my post, though? They shots still disappear into nothing. They are still subject to gravity. Everything I stated still remains.
Um, it's related because you said this:

On top of that, if the lasers were light based, anyway, their energy would dissipate per unit traveled by a power of 2. (Highschool physics).

But it would appear that the technology from Star Wars has advanced enough to keep the "light" together almost completely until a certain distance.

And, yes, the "bullet drop" effect is still there as light is still attracted by gravity. teehee WEEEEEE! ( laughing )

And you see, I followed up with this:

Star Wars "lasers" aren't light, as Borbarad kept arguing.

So as you may have surmised, you called Star Wars lasers "light" one, two... three times. When they in fact, are... not. As I said. So as you may have surmised further, much needed changed in your post.

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2010 01:48 AM
Lord Lucien is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Um, it's related because you said this:

And you see, I followed up with this:

So as you may have surmised, you called Star Wars lasers "light" one, two... three times. When they in fact, are... not. As I said. So as you may have surmised further, much needed changed in your post.

But, you see, that changes nothing because of this:

Saying it is not light makes all my points even more valid. Specifically: they dissipate (they do, and in a manner that is dramatic) and they are attracted by gravity. Since they travel even slower than a laser, and they are made of "particles", that makes my point about gravity even more valid. I did not think I would have to explain something that obvious, though. I am annoyed that I had to. no expression

Please bring something new to the discussion instead of talking in circles and missing my points.

Last edited by dadudemon on Dec 2nd, 2010 at 04:35 AM

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2010 04:32 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

But, you see, that changes nothing because of this:

Saying it is not light makes all my points even more valid. Specifically: they dissipate (they do, and in a manner that is dramatic) and they are attracted by gravity. Since they travel even slower than a laser, and they are made of "particles", that makes my point about gravity even more valid. I did not think I would have to explain something that obvious, though. I am annoyed that I had to. no expression

Please bring something new to the discussion instead of talking in circles and missing my points.
Jesus...

I was correcting your point about them being made of light, nothing more. Do you understand that?

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2010 05:48 AM
Lord Lucien is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Jesus...

I was correcting your point about them being made of light, nothing more. Do you understand that?

And I just corrected your correction because no correction was required.

Jesus...

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2010 06:05 AM
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

I've never spoken to a retarded monkey before. Going to cross that off my list right now.

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2010 07:27 AM
dadudemon

I've never spoken to a retarded monkey before. Going to cross that off my list right now.

You were talking to yourself? confused

See, I can make grade-school jokes, too. smile

Now back on topic.

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2010 08:17 AM
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

If this debate gets any more classy the thread might self-destruct.

“Where the longleaf pines are whispering
to him who loved them so.
Where the faint murmurs now dwindling
echo o’er tide and shore."

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2010 06:24 PM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Kaboom.

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2010 08:47 PM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by Omega Vision
If this debate gets any more classy the thread might self-destruct.

i think it has already..

the borg are way too much for a death star

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2010 10:03 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
i think it has already..

the borg are way too much for a death star
Totally.

Boosh! And or Ka-Kow.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2010 12:22 AM
mardook
Easier said than done!

The Borg Cube would win... they Borg would need only to release an assimilation virus within the vicinity of the Deathstar and it would become part of the collective. Next!

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2011 09:28 AM
mardook is currently offline Click here to Send mardook a Private Message Find more posts by mardook Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by mardook
Next!

The Death Star Vs Remo Williams?

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2011 08:41 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

Originally posted by mardook
The Borg Cube would win... they Borg would need only to release an assimilation virus within the vicinity of the Deathstar and it would become part of the collective. Next!

The Death Star would blow it up before the Cube could get in the range to do that.

HA, I WIN!

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2011 02:40 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirrel Fart

Death Cube it shall be.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2011 05:01 PM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mardook
Easier said than done!

Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
The Death Star would blow it up before the Cube could get in the range to do that.

HA, I WIN!

The Borg Cube would come at an angle where the firing face of the Death Star would be away from it to achieve this. The Death Star takes forever to turn on a revolution.

What exactly did you win?! confused

Old Post Feb 26th, 2011 06:41 AM
mardook is currently offline Click here to Send mardook a Private Message Find more posts by mardook Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

The Death Star would make sure it's at the proper angle to prevent that from happening before the battle even begins.

gg

Old Post Feb 26th, 2011 06:42 AM