KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Artwork Forum » dadudemon's "Art" Thread.

dadudemon's "Art" Thread.
Started by: dadudemon

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
dadudemon

dadudemon's "Art" Thread.

I recently found myself with some spare time in class (because it's so damn boring), so I am going to start drawing things from a list of images that I've been saving up to draw.

First up, a "mosaic" from the manga "History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi."

This mosaic appeared in one of the releases and the "fans" were supposed to cut up the squares and put it back together to see the "end" result.

Well, I lost some of the pieces and I couldn't find the mosaic, so I had to recreate some of Shigure (mainly, her breasts and belly.) I think I got pretty dang close to the original.

Also, I improved upon the image: improved Shigure's hip lines and gave her a "flesh spill" around her bikini to give an idea of her flesh being..you know...flesh.

I made Shigure's left leg smaller because it was much too fat (out of proportion).

I eliminatd Shigure's squiggly eyebrows as I strongly dislike those eyebrows: I think it detracts from the beauty of Matsuena's character design.

I added a better 'cloth stretch' to Shigure's bikini top on her left side.

I gave the bikini bottoms more of a 3D look because, despite how flat clothing is, it is still 3D. I did this more for my own taste and no really to be "realistic". Also, what I did was very subtle and changes very little of the image. I is most noticeable on Shigure's right hip.

Cleaned up some, but left most intact, the "blotches" of various "grades" of white. For those of you with LCD monitors, you can view the image at an angle (look down towards your monitor) and the various colors of white will show up.

Messed with the clouds, trying out different "fog" techniques just to mess around and create different textures.

I smoothed out the borders and added a thin black border to give it a "finished" look.

Oh yeah, I gave Shigure a better, more shapely, hip line.

I did this all in MS Paint, during class, over the course of 4 class periods. It is my second longest project as cleaning up the "lines" and blending it in MS Paint took friggin' forever. (Prolly 4-5 hours.) I had to work, most of the time, at 8 times magnification and blend sh*t, pixel by pixel.

Next up, I'll draw some of the females from Claymore (I like how dainty and feminine some of the females are from Claymore. I like drawing women and female manga characters, damnit!)

I used a click-able thumb because it is a large image. The original image was over 3000 pixels, x dimension, and a little over 1800 pixels, y dimension. Just click on the thumbnail and when it goes to photobucket, click on the image again when you get the "plus" magnifying glass to see the large size.

(please log in to view the image)

I'll post up my Claymore endeavors in a couple of weeks.

Also, I've done cell shaded DBZ images, but they are long gone. If someone has a DBZ image they would like me to draw with modifications, let me know and I'll do it in my free time.

NOTTE: I try to preserve the original artists "style" as much as possible. Some people do not like this, but I think it is okay to do draw with your own style but everyone should at least try to draw, once or twice, the characters they like, in the original art style (just out of respect for the original designs that you "fell in love with."

Old Post Nov 30th, 2010 01:10 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Here is a picture I drew of Mei Terumi, the Mizukage.

Click-able thumbnail:

When I shade and color the image, I will do the following:

1. Make Mei's eye about 20% smaller.
2. Make her right shoulder come "up" more like she is leaning forward on her left arm.
3. Alter the shadow that falls across her nose to contour to her nose: right now, it is unrealistically falling in a straight line. I know, it's small, but it's something that I would like to get right.
4. Someone give me some suggestions on how to better draw the shoulder/collar-bone junction. I had difficulty there. The entire image took about 30-40 minutes to draw, but the collar-bone portion is what took up the most time: that took me about 10-15 minutes and it STILL doesn't look right. For you suggestion, circle the areas and reference them as I'm a visual person and will understand your suggestion better, that way (please? sad ).
5. Fix some of her hair to make it look "better."

Thank you!

Last edited by dadudemon on Mar 27th, 2011 at 12:32 PM

Old Post Mar 27th, 2011 12:29 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Johnny Demonic

That is the single greatest illustration in history of the world.

Good work, bro.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2011 07:42 AM
Johnny Demonic is currently offline Click here to Send Johnny Demonic a Private Message Find more posts by Johnny Demonic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Here is the colored and slightly shaded version of the drawing:

I made the corrections I talked about. Thanks goes to Johnny Demonic for his suggestions (he's my coworker.)

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2011 11:51 AM
socool8520
Life's a garden, Dig it

The fixing of the eye size really changed the overall quality of your work. Nice

Old Post Jul 17th, 2014 11:21 AM
socool8520 is currently offline Click here to Send socool8520 a Private Message Find more posts by socool8520 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

tbh, I was basically expecting brown paint smeared in the texture of poop on a white MS paint canvas.

Very impre- this thread is three+ years old.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Jul 17th, 2014 02:02 PM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Even though it's a 3 year old thread, had no idea DDM had some decent artistic abilities.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jul 17th, 2014 10:41 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

quote: (post)
Originally posted by socool8520
The fixing of the eye size really changed the overall quality of your work. Nice

Wow. Thanks, man.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2014 12:52 AM
socool8520
Life's a garden, Dig it

No problem. I'm not an expert or anything, but you did a great job of correcting the eye and using color to add some depth that wasn't present in your original sketch. I'm straight garbage with color personally, but I can appreciate when other do good work with it.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2014 05:03 PM
socool8520 is currently offline Click here to Send socool8520 a Private Message Find more posts by socool8520 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
socool8520
Life's a garden, Dig it

I had thought about throwing some of my stuff on here but I haven't drawn to many comic characters lately. The latest one was that pic I showed to Q99.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2014 05:04 PM