KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Sports Forum » Cain Velasquez vs. Junior Dos Santos (UFC Heavyweight Championship)

Cain Velasquez vs. Junior Dos Santos (UFC Heavyweight Championship)
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Cain 5 50.00%
JDS 5 50.00%
Total: 10 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Cain Velasquez vs. Junior Dos Santos (UFC Heavyweight Championship)
Started by: majid86

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
majid86
Restricted

Account Restricted

If this was a race war then i'll overly pick Cain over JDS but it isnt so i got JDS by ko'ing Cain on his suspect chin, i mean if Kongo dropped him then what do you expect JDS to do to him?

Last edited by majid86 on Aug 5th, 2011 at 02:39 PM

Old Post Aug 5th, 2011 02:36 PM
majid86 is currently offline Click here to Send majid86 a Private Message Find more posts by majid86 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
maxman1180
Restricted

Account Restricted

Agree..

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2011 11:56 AM
maxman1180 is currently offline Click here to Send maxman1180 a Private Message Find more posts by maxman1180 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cool_ghost
Touch me and you die

quote: (post)
Originally posted by I-Drop
Cain via too many options. Also, JDS seemed to gas out against Nelson. Cain never gases out.

way to many options. I agree, JDS is and excellent striker but people forget that cain is a great striker too.... he is just more aggressive. On top of being easily one of the best wrestlers in the heavyweight division, if not the best.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2011 08:31 AM
cool_ghost is currently offline Click here to Send cool_ghost a Private Message Find more posts by cool_ghost Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StarCraft2
Restricted

Account Restricted

WINS:11 LOSSES:21 DRAWS:4
I Train in Following Disciplines Kickboxing Wrestling and Mix Martial Arts

Old Post Nov 14th, 2011 03:06 AM
StarCraft2 is currently offline Click here to Send StarCraft2 a Private Message Find more posts by StarCraft2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
majid86
Restricted

Account Restricted

I actually thought Cigano would KO Cain in the 2nd or maybe 3rd round before he would get gassed out but man did he proved me wrong.
The overhand right hook he landed on Cain's temple was a total BOMB and i knew Cain could no way in hell recover from it.

And what the bloody hell was Cain thinking of when he decided to go toe to toe with Cigano?!
He should of kept his distance, throw some combos and gone for more takedowns so that he would put his high pace on Cigano which would of helped him in the later rounds.

Congrats to Cigano, he knew exactly how to finish off Cain quick and easy.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2011 05:26 AM
majid86 is currently offline Click here to Send majid86 a Private Message Find more posts by majid86 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StarCraft2
Restricted

Account Restricted

What was Cain thinking?

Countering that over hand but missed

jab cross leg kick (the american kickboxing academy gym emphasizes on this WAY TOO MUCH!!!)

Cain did try to do a take down but it was defended well.

I saw Cain sparred with Lyoto Machida last year (preparing for Brock Fight) and Cain out strike Lyoto by far.

Cain is a good striker.

WINS:11 LOSSES:21 DRAWS:4
I Train in Following Disciplines Kickboxing Wrestling and Mix Martial Arts

Last edited by StarCraft2 on Nov 14th, 2011 at 04:34 PM

Old Post Nov 14th, 2011 04:31 PM
StarCraft2 is currently offline Click here to Send StarCraft2 a Private Message Find more posts by StarCraft2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Insomniatric
The Spider

I got Two Saints by KO.

Sig and Avatar made by Steverules_2 (Thank you!)

Old Post Dec 29th, 2012 09:21 PM
Insomniatric is currently offline Click here to Send Insomniatric a Private Message Find more posts by Insomniatric Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
guy222
With my gal

junior should've been better prepared

cain woo hoo

thank u bz

Old Post Dec 30th, 2012 07:56 PM
guy222 is currently offline Click here to Send guy222 a Private Message Find more posts by guy222 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheOneOfMortis
Restricted

Account Restricted

I was rooting for Cain and I';m glad he won (though I did feel pretty bad for Junior afterwards, especially considering he's a pretty good guy). But that being said you've gotta think that skillwise Junior has what it takes to emerge the victor out of the two of them. His defencive wrestling looked absolutely amazing in the fight, as did his chin, we know he has power and is one of the most skilled strikers at HW. Not sure what went wrong but I dont think he was his usual self for sure. After the fight at the hospital he was saying that he was maybe thinking too much about the takedown and that he should have relied on his Jits a bit more, and I really have gotta agree. When he was fresh he was basically not being held down, so if he didn;t focus ond efending the takedown so much and just freed up his stirking, I think he culd have finished the fight like he did the first time (especially consideirng this is eavyweight we are talking about, and Junior is one of the harder hitters in the division, and Cain doesnt have the best chin at HW).

refer to profile for my mma rankings

Old Post Dec 30th, 2012 09:39 PM
TheOneOfMortis is currently offline Click here to Send TheOneOfMortis a Private Message Find more posts by TheOneOfMortis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Insomniatric
The Spider

Looks like I was wrong. That sucks, haven't been this bummed by a fight since Machida got choked by Jones.

JDS stayed in the fight like a champion though, no wonder why he walks out to Rocky music.

Felt really bad for him after the fight. He was like "Why are you guys doing that?" as the assholes in the crowd were booing him after he lost his belt and gave everything he had for 25 minutes.

I can't wait until Junior is back in action, he's a great fighter and a great person. I would really like to see a rubber match. If Cain beats him again, more power to him, but I'm pulling for my boy Junior all the way.

Sig and Avatar made by Steverules_2 (Thank you!)

Old Post Dec 31st, 2012 04:07 AM
Insomniatric is currently offline Click here to Send Insomniatric a Private Message Find more posts by Insomniatric Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote