KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Tomb Raider (2013)

Tomb Raider (2013)
Started by: Kazenji

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

New Tomb Raider

Starting from scratch again for this new one

picture from Game Informers cover

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/...ider-Cover.html

Old Post Dec 7th, 2010 01:18 PM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloodRawEngine
Video Game Engine of War

I heard about this on a podcast last night. Supposedley its open world with a survival theme. I suppose it couldn't possibly garner as much negative fanboy/fangirl backlash as the new DMC.

'Sides, patch her up and wipe off some of that grime, and the new Lara looks pretty cute

Though I maintain that there are other franchises in equally if not much more dire need of reboots. In fact, DMC is actually one of them.

Old Post Dec 7th, 2010 05:27 PM
BloodRawEngine is currently offline Click here to Send BloodRawEngine a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRawEngine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Holy crap what is going on with her hair.

Not surprised, since Tomb Raider hasn't had a decent game in years.

Do Tomb Raider fanboys exist anymore? I thought they died out about a decade ago.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Dec 7th, 2010 06:35 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Joker1237

I thought Underworld was pretty good.

Have a laugh evey now and than.

Old Post Dec 7th, 2010 09:17 PM
Joker1237 is currently offline Click here to Send Joker1237 a Private Message Find more posts by Joker1237 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Holy Hyper-realism Batman!

Old Post Dec 7th, 2010 09:30 PM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MadMel
Heh

Yea, cuz guardian of light clearly wasn't a good enough revival, nor the best game in the series in a looooong time. roll eyes (sarcastic)

But, another tr game is another tr game, so I shouldn't be complaining. stick out tongue

Old Post Dec 8th, 2010 12:57 AM
MadMel is currently offline Click here to Send MadMel a Private Message Find more posts by MadMel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

I always liked the Raider games...,some more than others of course. The open world idea should be a perfect fit for the type of gameplay found in Tomb Raider games. The most perfect thing they could do is make it open world co-op. Sounds like a good idea. I'll be curious to see how it turns out. Although, games should stop with reboots...,just sayin.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2010 01:18 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

Wipe the grime off? Wtf? She looks hot as **** on that cover.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Dec 8th, 2010 01:45 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Joker1237
I thought Underworld was pretty good.

Same here despite the sales i read at the time

Originally posted by Peach

Not surprised, since Tomb Raider hasn't had a decent game in years.

Underworld and Guardian Of Light???? roll eyes (sarcastic)

besides those two the the new games from Dev team Crystal Dynamics and Square Enix have been good.

Last edited by Kazenji on Dec 8th, 2010 at 05:12 AM

Old Post Dec 8th, 2010 05:09 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

Underworld's quality is highly debatable (though it certainty was pretty), and GoL really wasn't even a real Tomb Raider game. It isn't canon to the rest of the series and it went in a completely different direction gameplay wise. It's a "Tomb Raider" game in name only.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Dec 8th, 2010 05:20 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
It isn't canon to the rest of the series

Says who?

quote:
and it went in a completely different direction gameplay wise.

But its still a Tomb Raider game and it was'nt just limited to Xbox live.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2010 06:57 AM
MadMel
Heh

That, and it was made by Square Enix, the same people behind this project. And even if it wasn't canon, it's still the best tr game to come out in a long time. erm

Old Post Dec 8th, 2010 07:06 AM
MadMel is currently offline Click here to Send MadMel a Private Message Find more posts by MadMel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

What i don't get is that they have to reboot the franchise again when the last few games were good despite not enought people buying the product.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2010 07:59 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

GI Mag Scans Reveal More Tomb Raider Details

quote:
Crystal Dynamics' bold decision to reboot Tomb Raider with a young and inexperienced Lara Croft is much more then skin deep it seems, as not only has the iconic heroine been given a significant makeover, but the entire game has been changed, thrusting Lara into an extraordinary situation where she's fighting for her very survival.

With Game Informer's latest issue delivering the massive reveal of the Tomb Raider reboot, some industrious scamp at a blog called PlayStation Informer has scanned the contents of the magazine's cover story, which exposes a whole list of meaty details well worth poring over:

•Lara is 21, fresh from academy and eager to prove herself to the world
•Tomb Raider is both a reboot of the franchise and a reboot of the entire brand,so there'll be no live-action model hired to promote the game this time
•Crystal Dynamics is implementing performance capture to make Lara "as believable and relatable as possible"
•There are disturbing death sequences. One is described as a deranged man stabbing Lara in the chest with a makeshift blade and then closing her eyes after she’s dead while ominously whispering in her ear. Another includes a boulder falling on her leg to trap her before another drops and crushes her skull
•Lara starts with no tools or weapons and CD isn't going into specifics on weapons yet, although concept art shows a climbing axe, bow, shotgun and pistol
•The archaic lock-on targeting system has been removed in favour of a free aim system to "make Tomb Raider competitive amongst our peers in the genre, while maintaining a unique flavour" says Crystal Dynamics studio head Darrell Gallagher
•“I think that the major difference between this game and the old is the concept of smoke and mirrors,” says Gallagher. “There was an illusion of freedom because of streaming and loading that would pop you out in a different location, but this is absolutely real. You can literally go any direction that you see and carve your own way to the finish line instead of being guided.”
•“It was important in the game to not only deliver the character arc of Lara Croft emotionally, but to deliver it in gameplay as well so the player gets to grow into a hardened survivor,” says director Noah Hughes.
•Lara will scavenge new tools and gear that augment her abilities as the game unfolds. Lara will initially be less graceful than before, but her athletic prowess will also evolve. Some areas begin inaccessible due to physical limitations or scarce supplies. With the right skills and gear, however, the island will open up to Lara
•There are base camps where you'll be able to combine salvage items to create something new while gaining access to a skill system that will upgrade Lara’s abilities. You’ll also be able to use base camps to fast travel to different locations to minimise backtracking
•You’ll need to gather food, water and other valuable resources in order to survive
•There are humans in the game, including some of the crew members from the wreck of the ship named 'Endurance' that brings Lara to the coast of the island
•There'll be mysteries to solve on the island, such as discovering the motivations of the natives, the gravitional pull of the island and the origins of the graveyard of sea vessels littering the shoreline

Old Post Dec 8th, 2010 08:23 AM
MadMel
Heh

You know, for a second I thought that said "Lara will be able to scavenge new boobs" And I was like -
"...................................................................... oh it says 'tools'" stick out tongue

Old Post Dec 8th, 2010 08:31 AM
Joker1237

I dont like reboots imo.

There just start over, AGAIN mind you lol.

Have a laugh evey now and than.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2010 10:44 PM
Joker1237 is currently offline Click here to Send Joker1237 a Private Message Find more posts by Joker1237 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jnsmith0123
Restricted

Account Restricted

In my opinion, Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light is the best Tomb Raider game in a long time. Exploration, combat, and puzzle-solving come together beautifully in this rewarding, replayable arcade adventure game. Unlike previous Tomb Raider titles, Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light uses an isometric third-person point-of-view. The game is a platformer and has Lara make her way through spider-infested tombs and poison-plant-covered jungles.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2010 05:17 AM
jnsmith0123 is currently offline Click here to Send jnsmith0123 a Private Message Find more posts by jnsmith0123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
menokokoro

Originally posted by Nephthys
Holy Hyper-realism Batman!
Indeed. I thought it was just a model with makeup at first.

Edit:....does she have a mullet?

Old Post Dec 29th, 2010 08:35 AM
menokokoro is currently offline Click here to Send menokokoro a Private Message Find more posts by menokokoro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Old Post Dec 31st, 2010 06:44 AM
Tzeentch
#gottem

She looks like Jill Valentine.

Old Post Dec 31st, 2010 06:59 AM