KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Tomb Raider (2013)

Tomb Raider (2013)
Started by: Kazenji

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Seems like Rising is a short game

so Tomb Raider....unless of course your a Metal Gear fan.

Old Post Mar 7th, 2013 07:08 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

quote: (post)
Originally posted by wakkawakkawakka
Debating between this or Rising. Can only get one for now but I do plan to rent the other.

Even if you are a Metal Gear fan, it would be smart to wait for a price drop. The game is 6-7 hours long. Get Tomb Raider if you want an experience that lasts awhile.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Mar 7th, 2013 07:35 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix
I'm surprised no one has commented on this yet.

Comments like this confuse me. Generally when a game first comes out, people are busy playing the game, instead of posting on forums about it.

Anyway, I lost interest in this for a while (mainly due to the absolutely horrid marketing of the game), but despite trying to tell myself to not buy any games until after the end of the month...I think I'm going to wind up buying it tomorrow.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Mar 7th, 2013 08:15 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Pure Passioné
..::Fallen angel::..

I bought this morning, and played it a little. I do feel thats its all over the place. But that is just my concept of it.

Old Post Mar 7th, 2013 11:18 AM
Pure Passioné is currently offline Click here to Send Pure Passioné a Private Message Find more posts by Pure Passioné Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

From what i've played so far of it...Its been great, The island that your on has all these ruins dedicated to the sun queen Himiko and if its anything like the other Tomb Raider's bound to be something supernatural going on with the weather

also good to see another game using the fast travel system.

Last edited by Kazenji on Mar 7th, 2013 at 11:45 AM

Old Post Mar 7th, 2013 11:38 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Demonic Phoenix

Originally posted by Peach
Comments like this confuse me. Generally when a game first comes out, people are busy playing the game, instead of posting on forums about it.

TYpically not the case with KMC.

I'll try not to confuse you next time. stick out tongue

"To all visitors from Transylvania looking for the head of Voivode Dracula: Yes, we have it. Yes, he's dead. No, you cannot see it. No, he will not return and invade you again. It has been over thirty years, please stop pestering us."

Last edited by Demonic Phoenix on Mar 7th, 2013 at 02:51 PM

Old Post Mar 7th, 2013 02:43 PM
Demonic Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Demonic Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Demonic Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Estacado
Legendary

Game looks superb gonna get it in a few day....

Bankai.

Old Post Mar 8th, 2013 07:36 AM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

This game's really solid. Good ratio of puzzles, exploration and combat. I was initially afraid that they were taking it in a direction that was going to basically have it become Uncharted with Lara Croft, but it still maintains its own identity while taking a few things from that series. Lot of fun so far.

Old Post Mar 9th, 2013 05:26 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by BackFire
This game's really solid. Good ratio of puzzles, exploration and combat. I was initially afraid that they were taking it in a direction that was going to basically have it become Uncharted with Lara Croft, but it still maintains its own identity while taking a few things from that series. Lot of fun so far.

Only thing i've found with the puzzles is that they're slightly easy compared to the ones from the old games.

Old Post Mar 9th, 2013 06:41 AM
Estacado
Legendary

Played it for 3 hours game is phuckin great.....

Bankai.

Old Post Mar 9th, 2013 08:07 PM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Originally posted by Kazenji
Only thing i've found with the puzzles is that they're slightly easy compared to the ones from the old games.

I was surprised to find out that there are only like 5 optional Tombs. I was expecting way more.

Old Post Mar 10th, 2013 02:37 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

DLC.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Mar 10th, 2013 02:39 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Demonic Phoenix

Originally posted by BackFire
I was surprised to find out that there are only like 5 optional Tombs. I was expecting way more.

I was a little disappointed with the tombs, though that's because I was expecting a length akin to AC's tombs/lairs.

"To all visitors from Transylvania looking for the head of Voivode Dracula: Yes, we have it. Yes, he's dead. No, you cannot see it. No, he will not return and invade you again. It has been over thirty years, please stop pestering us."

Old Post Mar 10th, 2013 02:52 AM
Demonic Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Demonic Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Demonic Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Old Post Mar 10th, 2013 03:07 AM
wakkawakkawakka

Well I decided to get Tomb Raider. Its pretty cool so far and the controls are good as well. I'm also glad that it isn't just Uncharted with a chick but an actual Tomb Raider game.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2013 12:25 AM
wakkawakkawakka is currently offline Click here to Send wakkawakkawakka a Private Message Find more posts by wakkawakkawakka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Estacado
Legendary

Finished the game it was great...gonna go back and explore remaining tombs...

Bankai.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2013 12:43 PM
wakkawakkawakka

Not sure how long Rising is but this game was pretty short.Despite that its been the most fun I've had in a while and is a welcome reboot/prequel thing to the series.

Old Post Mar 12th, 2013 05:51 AM
wakkawakkawakka is currently offline Click here to Send wakkawakkawakka a Private Message Find more posts by wakkawakkawakka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Feels fairly long to me this game

also i'm exploring a fair bit in each area.

Old Post Mar 12th, 2013 05:57 AM
Estacado
Legendary

Rising is 4 hours long including the cutscenes....its great though cuting people into hundreds of pieces never gets old....

Bankai.

Old Post Mar 12th, 2013 07:50 AM
wakkawakkawakka

Oh well I take it back then. It took me 12 hours on this just because I liked to explore some of the bonus dungeons. Could've taken more time if I had tried to find more.

Old Post Mar 12th, 2013 02:04 PM