KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Horror Movies » Night of the Living Dead

Night of the Living Dead
Started by: Julie

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
GordonSkywalker
The Watcher

Account Restricted

quote:
Originally posted by BackFire349
waste of time eh? strong words, especially coming from someone who has 'chairman of the board' listed as one of his favorite movies.
Look again! I took that one off my profile! And yes, that particular film WAS a sad waste of my time one dull morning last month!

Old Post Mar 27th, 2003 08:40 PM
GordonSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send GordonSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by GordonSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

still neglected to take off berley hills ninja i see. if any one movie is responsible for farleys death its that. and if you hate all horror movies then i cant really take you're opinion seriously because any horror movies would be a "waste of time" in you're opinion. and you wouldnt recognize the fact that night of the living dead was one of the most influential and daring movies to ever come out.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2003 08:59 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GordonSkywalker
The Watcher

Account Restricted

I assume you expect some sort of reply. I do not have to justify my interests anymore than YOU do! So let's not lose our heads in endless debate, my friend. I happen to think that movie is fantastic,just as you appear to think the same of horror films-that one in particular. I am sharing my thoughts as you are.I am now departing this thread....Look for me elsewhere....

Old Post Mar 28th, 2003 01:33 AM
GordonSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send GordonSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by GordonSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

yes, i think night of the living dead is fantastic, but unlike beverly hill ninja, it was more then just a silly ploy for simple cash used by hollywood. it was a unique and influential movie that changed horror movies forever. all that can be said about beverly hill ninja, is that it was a generic movie that offered nothing new.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2003 01:42 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GordonSkywalker
The Watcher

Account Restricted

Okay...I have returned to settle this matter with you. Obviously you wish to argue this point with me for some reason. Okay. I happen to think of your movie the same way you think of mine. And I tried horror films a long time ago, and got absolutely NOTHING out of them. I happen to like the humor and actors in Beverly Hills Ninja, although it is NOT my all-time favorite film. I think Chris Farley was a genius and this film is proof positive of this belief. Let us agree to disagree, and we will let this matter drop.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2003 01:47 AM
BackFire

well thats what these boards are for, discussing and arguing my friend. anyways, the reason i continue responding is because much like if someone told you you're passion was a waste of time, im sure you would argue with them simply because you feel strongly about that particular subject, now i have no problem with you disliking horror movies, everyone has the right to their opinion obviously, but to call them all a waste of time is not only sill but shows great ignorance to the fact that to make a good, effective horror movie is the most challenging thing to do. that is why their are so few of them, very few people have the skill required to do so. im sure you wouldnt like it if someone called you're passion a waste of time. so that is why i continue to debate this with you. and dont get me wrong, i enjoy farleys movies, they are silly and funny and good for a laugh, but they are in no way shape or form quality movies. they all basically consist of him hurting himself and yelling obsenities for the duration of the movie. he was a great comic but most of his movies were pretty much teh same thing, which is why i basically only like black sheep and tommy boy. plus davis spade was a great pairing with him. so basically, if you dont want to start an argument, do not call any genre of film a 'waste of time' as you did because simply it isnt true.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2003 02:10 AM
GordonSkywalker
The Watcher

Account Restricted

Are you really offended because I happen to not care for that type of film(and yes there are more than 'just a few') or because I won't back down from this debate? I tried those films you are so passionate about when you were just a child. I had friends who tried those films, so do not presume to lecture me on this. If you want some sort of apology, then fine,you got it. But I will not back down from my passions in life,my friend,and if you are willing to befriend me then you will accept our differences. This is a debate and discussion board. It would be pretty dull and boring if we all agreed to the same things. And I did not enter this conversation with malice in my mind, no more than you did,I presume. I was agreeing with another like mind. Now that I have done so, can we get beyond this agrument? My heart-felt apology is on the table, my friend. You can either accept it or not, The choice is yours and I am through with this conversation. I am needed elsewhere. Happy Dance

Last edited by GordonSkywalker on Mar 28th, 2003 at 02:23 AM

Old Post Mar 28th, 2003 02:20 AM
BackFire

you seem to be missing the point. i am not offended. but as i said, to call any type of movie a waste of time is silly and ignorant. i am simply backing the movies i love. and as far as night of the living dead goes, since this thread is about this movie. say what you will about it, but it was inventive and is unarguably one of the most influential movies ever made. there are simply some movies that cannot be insulted legitimately. night of the living dead is one of those, because, much like citizen kane, 2001 a space oddessy, and many of the other influential movies, it sparked a whole genre and did so many things that had never been done in a movie before.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2003 02:27 AM
BackFire

and i am not looking for an apology of any sort. simply quality discussion.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2003 02:33 AM
GordonSkywalker
The Watcher

Account Restricted

Fine,let's be friends. I happen to have just agreed with you regarding Tomb Raider on the other thread,you know? And I think you have made some excellent points in the defense of your favorite film. As long as we are discussing classics,is there a Godfather discussion on this forum?

Old Post Mar 28th, 2003 02:36 AM
BackFire

no, feel free to make one.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2003 02:37 AM
Julie
The Student

I think they took the order seriously.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2003 02:58 AM
Julie is currently offline Click here to Send Julie a Private Message Find more posts by Julie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GordonSkywalker
The Watcher

Account Restricted

What order are you referring to? I don't understand the comment.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2003 05:38 PM
Julie
The Student

hehehe by this time I forget too.....if you weren't older than me I'd say that old age really taxes the memory

Old Post Apr 1st, 2003 05:06 AM
Julie is currently offline Click here to Send Julie a Private Message Find more posts by Julie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GordonSkywalker
The Watcher

Account Restricted

I may be older than most, but I got it where it counts!

Old Post Apr 1st, 2003 06:18 PM
mechmoggy
Northern Monkey

Cheap car insurance? stick out tongue

Old Post Apr 1st, 2003 08:14 PM
mechmoggy is currently offline Click here to Send mechmoggy a Private Message Find more posts by mechmoggy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Corran
Lucifer

laughing out loud

Old Post Apr 1st, 2003 10:33 PM
Corran is currently offline Click here to Send Corran a Private Message Find more posts by Corran Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GordonSkywalker
The Watcher

Account Restricted

Actually I just said that because it sounded cool.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2003 01:22 AM
Julie
The Student

oh i see....welll it worked.....I'll consider you cool for at least a full minute:-)

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2003 04:14 AM
mechmoggy
Northern Monkey

Per day or in total? wink

I'd best stop it really, I'm 26 this July. sad

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2003 09:48 AM
mechmoggy is currently offline Click here to Send mechmoggy a Private Message Find more posts by mechmoggy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote