KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » DVD Talk » DVDs you replaced with Blu Ray

DVDs you replaced with Blu Ray
Started by: chomperx9

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
i just recently watched blade runner in HD and you could see the wires holding the floating cop cars. That's just bad

If you had seen it at the cinema, you would have seen the wires too. Blu ray is closer to cinema quality compared to dvd. Blu-ray will show the wires if there were wires seen in the cinema release. So it's the film makers fault it's there in the first place.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2010 11:20 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

I finally caved and bought a blu-ray player...

The only film I've replaced thus far is The Dark Knight. Now I'm tempted to replace some others though, this sucks!

"Nothing is ever as good as you can imagine it."

Old Post Dec 31st, 2010 04:05 AM
SnakeEyes is currently offline Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
coolmovies

we will end up replacing our whole collection

Old Post Dec 31st, 2010 11:30 AM
coolmovies is currently offline Click here to Send coolmovies a Private Message Find more posts by coolmovies Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthmaul1

quote: (post)
Originally posted by MildPossession
If you had seen it at the cinema, you would have seen the wires too. Blu ray is closer to cinema quality compared to dvd. Blu-ray will show the wires if there were wires seen in the cinema release. So it's the film makers fault it's there in the first place.

I'm going to go ahead and call bull shit. No way in hell is 1980's cinema close to bluray or DVD! The only stuff that comes close now are the digital theaters.

Old Post Dec 31st, 2010 03:17 PM
darthmaul1 is currently offline Click here to Send darthmaul1 a Private Message Find more posts by darthmaul1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

Blu-ray is closer to cinema quality, whatever year the film came out...

Metropolis, made in the 20s for example, is still best viewed on the cinema screen.

Old Post Dec 31st, 2010 05:36 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
coolmovies

Originally posted by darthmaul1
I'm going to go ahead and call bull shit. No way in hell is 1980's cinema close to bluray or DVD! The only stuff that comes close now are the digital theaters.

Not really mate films like Gone with the wind look fantastic on blu ray. Also films like Aliens which has been remasterd looks outstanding

Last edited by coolmovies on Dec 31st, 2010 at 08:39 PM

Old Post Dec 31st, 2010 08:37 PM
coolmovies is currently offline Click here to Send coolmovies a Private Message Find more posts by coolmovies Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthmaul1

Originally posted by coolmovies
Not really mate films like Gone with the wind look fantastic on blu ray. Also films like Aliens which has been remasterd looks outstanding

I know the do, if it has been remastered properly (and if needed the effects retouched) but the other guy was saying bluray is closer to cinema quality than DVD. That why i said the only thing that comes close to DVD or bluray quality in the theater now would be a digital theater.

Old Post Dec 31st, 2010 10:06 PM
darthmaul1 is currently offline Click here to Send darthmaul1 a Private Message Find more posts by darthmaul1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
coolmovies

I know the do, if it has been remastered properly (and if needed the effects retouched) but the other guy was saying bluray is closer to cinema quality than DVD. That why i said the only thing that comes close to DVD or bluray quality in the theater now would be a digital theater.

what are your views on lucus bringing star wars in 3D ??

I think he's milking fans for there money

Old Post Jan 1st, 2011 11:24 AM
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:

I'm female.

I pointed out that blu-ray is CLOSER to cinema quality than dvd, nothing hard to understand there or incorrect.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2011 07:02 PM
coolmovies

Originally posted by MildPossession
I'm female.

I pointed out that blu-ray is CLOSER to cinema quality than dvd, nothing hard to understand there or incorrect.

He will learn when he see's the difference big grin

Old Post Jan 1st, 2011 08:52 PM
darthmaul1

what are your views on lucus bringing star wars in 3D ??

You can look at it that way. But no one is forcing any one too go see it. I for one would go see them all again in the theater even if they weren't in 3d they could probably just relese them all only a couple of months apart. Instead of 1 year each

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2011 06:19 PM
K.Diddy
DiddyWood Style

thumb up

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2011 12:55 AM
K.Diddy is currently offline Click here to Send K.Diddy a Private Message Find more posts by K.Diddy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
coolmovies

You can look at it that way. But no one is forcing any one too go see it. I for one would go see them all again in the theater even if they weren't in 3d they could probably just relese them all only a couple of months apart. Instead of 1 year each

Star wars fans will go and see it becouse its in 3D look at how much money Avatar has made $2,781+Billion at the box office. If each of the six star wars films make at least 1 Billion think of how much money he could make. nobody told him to do them in 3D!!

ITS ALL ABOUT F.....K MONEY !!! mad

Last edited by coolmovies on Jan 4th, 2011 at 12:45 PM

Old Post Jan 4th, 2011 12:38 PM
T.M
Welcome to The Suck

Of course it is about money..

Movies are a business its always about money. This is kind of a ridiculous thing to complain about, if you don't like it don't pay to watch it.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2011 01:26 PM
T.M is currently offline Click here to Send T.M a Private Message Find more posts by T.M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthmaul1

Originally posted by T.M
Of course it is about money..

Movies are a business its always about money. This is kind of a ridiculous thing to complain about, if you don't like it don't pay to watch it.

Exactly, hollywood is not in business to give things away. and as i said too, if you don't want to see them then don't go. at any rate it wouldn't matter if he was simply re-releasing them as he did in 1997 and before, people would still go see them if they weren't in 3D. I know i would. With STAR WARS it's all about the experience of seeing it in the theater.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2011 05:10 PM
coolmovies

Exactly, hollywood is not in business to give things away. and as i said too, if you don't want to see them then don't go. at any rate it wouldn't matter if he was simply re-releasing them as he did in 1997 and before, people would still go see them if they weren't in 3D. I know i would. With STAR WARS it's all about the experience of seeing it in the theater.

I am not gonna talk about SW in this tread anymore i will continue it over at

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...02#post13162402

Old Post Jan 4th, 2011 06:15 PM
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

Updated list of DVDs I've replaced: The Dark Knight, The Fountain, Fight Club, Magnolia, Children of Men, Sunshine, Memento, The Matrix and Terminator 2.

"Nothing is ever as good as you can imagine it."

Old Post Jan 10th, 2011 09:02 PM
SnakeEyes is currently offline Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScaryGerry

El Mariachi Trilogy (El Mariachi, Desperado, and Once Upon a Time in Mexico). All of them just came out on Blu-ray

Old Post Jan 14th, 2011 10:18 PM
ScaryGerry is currently offline Click here to Send ScaryGerry a Private Message Find more posts by ScaryGerry Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wolfie
Keep on howling!

I disagree. One year apart is for the best so people can plan accordingly.

When the films were re-released to theaters in 1997, they were released months apart and it was a little overwhelming. I only got around to seeing the first one.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2011 09:41 PM
Wolfie is currently offline Click here to Send Wolfie a Private Message Find more posts by Wolfie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote