KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Who could lift more?

Who could lift more?
Started by: Starscream M

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
carver9

quote: (post)
Originally posted by King Castle
would you like to see scans of him struggling?

He strained lifting a pyramid.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Dec 12th, 2010 08:54 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by carver9
Space... weight is completely gone... there really isn't a such thing as weight "in space". Everything basically float with free will. That is why I am asking you for a lifting feat. This isn't hard... show me one because magneto lifted the city with his magnetic powers.

I know of some of supes "lifting" feats but it is a far cry away frm lifting a city.

no, it's not. everything has mass, and anything with a gravitational pull is going to be incredibly difficult to move.

you're right; they're far better than that.

He strained lifting a pyramid.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Dec 12th, 2010 08:55 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Parmaniac
Evincar of KMC

Space... weight is completely gone... there really isn't a such thing as weight "in space". Everything basically float with free will. That is why I am asking you for a lifting feat. This isn't hard... show me one because magneto lifted the city with his magnetic powers.
No it's not, the more mass something has the more inert it is in space that's why a Spaceshuttle can lift off and leave earth without blowing it (earth) out of our star system into the depths of space.

“I once had an entire race killed just to listen to the rattling of their dried bones as I waded through them.” —Volrath

Old Post Dec 12th, 2010 09:00 PM
Parmaniac is currently offline Click here to Send Parmaniac a Private Message Find more posts by Parmaniac Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Originally posted by -Pr-
no, it's not. everything has mass, and anything with a gravitational pull is going to be incredibly difficult to move.

you're right; they're far better than that.

Besides planets and stars... things don't float freely in space?

Old Post Dec 12th, 2010 09:00 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Besides planets and stars... things don't float freely in space?

things can float. they just have mass, and weight. planets orbit stars. moons orbit planets.

a human? a space shuttle? sure, but once gravity comes in to it, any talk about "weight not mattering" is plain untrue.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Dec 12th, 2010 09:01 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

I'm not sure what your question is really asking?

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Dec 12th, 2010 09:02 PM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Originally posted by Parmaniac
No it's not, the more mass something has the more inert it is in space that's why a Spaceshuttle can lift off and leave earth without blowing it (earth) out of our star system into the depths of space.

Omg... I never said that planets are weightless but a space shuttle gains more speed when it reaches space.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2010 09:03 PM
carver9

Originally posted by -Pr-
things can float. they just have mass, and weight. planets orbit stars. moons orbit planets.

a human? a space shuttle? sure, but once gravity comes in to it, any talk about "weight not mattering" is plain untrue.

So you are saying that there is gravity in space?

Old Post Dec 12th, 2010 09:04 PM
Parmaniac
Evincar of KMC

Omg... I never said that planets are weightless but a space shuttle gains more speed when it reaches space.
Let put this simple for you:

We have a mouse and an elefant, both in space and both moving towards each other with the same speed. What will happen?

“I once had an entire race killed just to listen to the rattling of their dried bones as I waded through them.” —Volrath

Old Post Dec 12th, 2010 09:04 PM
Parmaniac is currently offline Click here to Send Parmaniac a Private Message Find more posts by Parmaniac Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dark Riddick
Restricted

Account Restricted

depending on the speed they bounce off or one attracts the other into it's gravitational pull.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2010 09:06 PM
Dark Riddick is currently offline Click here to Send Dark Riddick a Private Message Find more posts by Dark Riddick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Let put this simple for you:

We have a mouse and an elefant, both in space and both moving towards each other with the same speed. What will happen?

The elephant will eat the mouse.

Answer this... we have human and a elephant on earth and we have a human and a elephant in space.... which human would be able to move the elephant the furthest?

Old Post Dec 12th, 2010 09:07 PM
Parmaniac
Evincar of KMC

The elephant will eat the mouse.

Answer this... we have human and a elephant on earth and we have a human and a elephant in space.... which human would be able to move the elephant the furthest?
The human will fail in both cause you're not able to understand the concept behind it. If you would be able to answer my question you could possibly understand it.

EDIT: In space (where you think the human can pull the elephant) the human won't pull the elephant towards himself, no he will pull himself towrd the elephant cause the elephant has more mass.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2010 09:09 PM
Dark Riddick
Restricted

Account Restricted

unable to exert sufficient force.. but, technically muscular exertion should do the trick but it would cause the person to also push himself off

Old Post Dec 12th, 2010 09:11 PM
Dark Riddick is currently offline Click here to Send Dark Riddick a Private Message Find more posts by Dark Riddick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

unable to exert sufficient force.. but, technically muscular exertion should do the trick but it would cause the person to also push himself off

This is EXACTLY what I am saying.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2010 09:14 PM
carver9

The human will fail in both cause you're not able to understand the concept behind it. If you would be able to answer my question you could possibly understand it.

EDIT: In space (where you think the human can pull the elephant) the human won't pull the elephant towards himself, no he will pull himself towrd the elephant cause the elephant has more mass.

Ok... last question... let's use the elephant and human scenerio again. Let's say the human in space is able to fly, would he be able to pull the elephant if the elephant was tied to a rope and he had the rope in his hands?

Old Post Dec 12th, 2010 09:19 PM
Parmaniac
Evincar of KMC

Ok... last question... let's use the elephant and human scenerio again. Let's say the human in space is able to fly, would he be able to pull the elephant if the elephant was tied to a rope and he had the rope in his hands?
It's impossible to answer this with logic.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2010 09:21 PM
carver9

It's impossible to answer this with logic.

Let's use comic book logic for these types of questions.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2010 09:24 PM
Dark Riddick
Restricted

Account Restricted

if the human had a rocket engine which propelled and exerted more force then the object's mass, then yes.

this falls in the assumption that superman's flight generates a similar counter force

Old Post Dec 12th, 2010 09:25 PM
Black bolt z
Mindsets Master

Originally posted by Starscream M
so you could benchpress more than you could pull? I doubt it
Probably.Bench pressing 20 tons vs. pulling 20 tons I'd go with bench pressing being easier.

At least it seems that way to me.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2010 09:31 PM
Black bolt z is currently offline Click here to Send Black bolt z a Private Message Find more posts by Black bolt z Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

if the human had a rocket engine which propelled and exerted more force then the object's mass, then yes.

this falls in the assumption that superman's flight generates a similar counter force

Sure does... the human would be able to pull that elephant without to much trouble at all. That is why I exclude everything that happens in space INCLUDING the speed that someone is traveling since there is nothing holding that persons speed back. That is why people like magneto and ironman can achieve light speed in space... hell, terrax has flown at the speed of light in space before... nothing there to hold them back.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2010 09:32 PM