KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » prequel haters

prequel haters
Started by: InfernoJG95

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (18): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
InfernoJG95
darth inferno

prequel haters

why? i ask you why you hate the prequel trilogy? oh jar jar binks, oh goerge lucas forgot loads of things STFU! you say your star wars fans and then go on to say oh god the prequel trilogy what a joke...its not a joke. the prequel trilogy is important. it fills in the secrets to the saga. its like a jigsaw puzzle. please tell me why you hate the prequel trilogy and ill tell you why i think your a moron. attack of the clones: that film was bad loads of plot holes i didnt get it....what are you a retard! just please if you say your a big star wars fan but hate the prequels then please leave. go like something else. you cant like one part of something but really hate the other. john williams music i the good part of the prequels....no its not. its a part of it. the good part to me was the lightsabre fights and the action scenes. the love scenes were the worst...what would you prefer? twilight? didnt think so. also some of you abuse george lucas....well he made star wars , your faveourite film series....id understand if you preferred the orignal trilogy but some comments ive seen about the prequel trilogy just pissed me off.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2010 09:34 PM
Click here to Send InfernoJG95 a Private Message Find more posts by InfernoJG95 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sith Master X
Darth Sadistic

Jar Jar wasn't a deal breaker...that I agree with, but you have to look at both ends of the spectrum here.

The "I saw the OT in the theaters when I was a teenager" fan base obviously approached TPM in the sense that they were expecting the same experience they had during the first batch of films...and who can blame them? However, as I've said many a times, Lucasfilm knew their target audience....and it was the younger generation. In the 90's, who was watching Star Wars? It was the children who'd had these films passed down by their parents...begging them for a hasbro Lightsaber from Walmart and all the other merchandise.

Think about it...entire isles in stores are dedicated only to Star Wars. Unless your an adult collecting these things, all these isles and merchandising is targeted toward kids. No matter what people thought of Jar Jar and the PT, those films brought about their own success...and it's not slowing down anytime soon. On the other hand, the older original fanbase will view this as "Star Wars selling out"...and again, you can't blame them.

This is a biggie, and you have to think carefully about it, but in order to attribute the success of the OT compared to people's disappointment with the PT, you have to be able to recognize one very big important factor, and that's "time period." People weren't drawn to ANH or ESB because it had the label "Star Wars" on it, they were drawn to it because of the fact that these films, it's effects and the magnitude of it's production were so far ahead of it's time period.

With the release of the PT...those films, unlike the originals, were not ahead of it's time. It used CG and special effects that were on par with every other film in Hollywood, which gave it a cheaper effect to the mass audience, rather than that "incredible experience" found with the OT because there were unlike no other films at it's time.

Also...take ANH...it's time period, and say those films never existed back then, and today, you take the same script that ANH had and make the same movie....do you think it would become a classic? Nope...in fact, producers would likely say "this belongs on the SyFy channel along with Stargate." Ever watch reruns on TV of the old Star Trek with William Shatner? Yeah, they're classic's and fun to watch for one reason only, you can associate it's production value within it's time peroid. Same thing with the Three Stooges...it's cast, production value and comedy were ahead of it's time, which is why today, you couldn't reboot or redo that series no matter what you do, beause it will always be compared to the original classics and will never live up to them. You could remake the Wizard of Oz using real sets instead of "painted backdrops" and guess what...it won't live up to the original because of it's generation and the fact that you accept that film, it's style and production as part of that time period.

I like George.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2010 11:00 PM
Click here to Send Sith Master X a Private Message Find more posts by Sith Master X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sith Master X
Darth Sadistic

Sorry for the double post, but to further elaborate...people fail to realize another important factor...the fact that movies were made and created for entertainment purposes. People are not forced to spend money on a film or franchise if they don't like it. That's a choice that they alone make.

I firmly expect that people who disliked TPM, AOTC and ROTS, didn't spend their hard earned money and purchase the films on DVD. Again...if you don't like something, you wouldn't spend money on it, so I would associate the same to be true with Star Wars...rather then other people being a hypocritical statistic in giving the big bad greedy money hungry Lucas "more money."

But anyway, movies were made to entertain people. Not every movie will do that, but most movies fail to write it's place in history.
And think about it, The PT has most certaintly done that with countless message forums in which people like us have dedicaetd a good chunk of our lives being part of the community we claim to be so disappointed with. That's why I firmly believe, even if you didn't like the PT as much as the OT...a part of you liked it enough to be here. wink

I like George.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2010 11:23 PM
Click here to Send Sith Master X a Private Message Find more posts by Sith Master X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zeal Ex Nihilo
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
why? i ask you why you hate the prequel trilogy?

Poorly-written, CGI-dependent crap focusing more on "whoo that looks neat" than an actual story.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2010 11:25 PM
Click here to Send Zeal Ex Nihilo a Private Message Find more posts by Zeal Ex Nihilo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
InfernoJG95
darth inferno

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Zeal Ex Nihilo
Poorly-written, CGI-dependent crap focusing more on "whoo that looks neat" than an actual story.
LOL and you like star wars yes? Well you sir are a moron I don't know what film you were watching but it wasn't star wars....so you'd prefer if they had no cgi whatsoever.... Well it would of failed then. The story is that senator palpatine secretly darth sidious attacks naboo so he can get elected to chancellor (he's from naboo) now after he takes on count dooku as an apprentice but he wants anakin. Dooku and maul were merely pawns. He gets dooku to find a template for a clone army so he can start a war to stay in office after his term is up. He secretly puts codes in there heads so he can wipeout the jedi. He manages to turn anakin and there is a very emotional fight between obi wan and anakin. Anakin joined the dark side to save his wife. After having a tragic loss(his mother) and slaughtering tusken raiders he snaps. He chokes padme because palps knows he'll do something like that. Padme is pregnant and anakin wants to be with them both. I'm 15 years old and have loved star wars since '97 My life revolves around star wars. I bet adults said the same thing about the OT wen it was first released. Please don't ruin it for the new generation of star wars fans. It's to be shown as the parents passing down the torch, or lightsabre, to there kids. George Lucas puts his own time into these films for us.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2010 10:46 PM
Click here to Send InfernoJG95 a Private Message Find more posts by InfernoJG95 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lacan Grahf
Restricted

Account Restricted

It certainly must be said that George fumbled the ball at several critical moments in the PT and many of the criticisms found in RedLetterMedia's Youtube phenomenon are valid.

With that said, the OT certainly had its fair share of faults and silly plot gimmicks, and I commend George for wanting to tell a more complex and elaborate story in the PT than in the OT.

I love both, but I prefer the PT for its story and the OT for its execution.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2010 11:01 PM
Click here to Send Lacan Grahf a Private Message Find more posts by Lacan Grahf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
InfernoJG95
darth inferno

The OT is a struggle to defeat a evil empire where as the PT is a tragedy sort of film I.e the fall of anakin

Old Post Dec 13th, 2010 11:04 PM
InfernoJG95
darth inferno

Star wars changed my life when I first saw episode IV on VHS in 1997 and it blew me away when I saw episode I in 1999 on my birthday

Old Post Dec 13th, 2010 11:06 PM
InfernoJG95
darth inferno

In the cinema lol forgot to write that

Old Post Dec 13th, 2010 11:08 PM
Zeal Ex Nihilo
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
LOL and you like star wars yes? Well you sir are a moron I don't know what film you were watching but it wasn't star wars....so you'd prefer if they had no cgi whatsoever.... Well it would of failed then. The story is that senator palpatine secretly darth sidious attacks naboo so he can get elected to chancellor (he's from naboo) now after he takes on count dooku as an apprentice but he wants anakin. Dooku and maul were merely pawns. He gets dooku to find a template for a clone army so he can start a war to stay in office after his term is up. He secretly puts codes in there heads so he can wipeout the jedi. He manages to turn anakin and there is a very emotional fight between obi wan and anakin. Anakin joined the dark side to save his wife. After having a tragic loss(his mother) and slaughtering tusken raiders he snaps. He chokes padme because palps knows he'll do something like that. Padme is pregnant and anakin wants to be with them both. I'm 15 years old and have loved star wars since '97 My life revolves around star wars. I bet adults said the same thing about the OT wen it was first released. Please don't ruin it for the new generation of star wars fans. It's to be shown as the parents passing down the torch, or lightsabre, to there kids. George Lucas puts his own time into these films for us.

Retarded fanboyism and a wall of text all in one.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2010 11:57 PM
Click here to Send Zeal Ex Nihilo a Private Message Find more posts by Zeal Ex Nihilo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
InfernoJG95
darth inferno

Troll

Old Post Dec 14th, 2010 12:34 AM
InfernoJG95
darth inferno

So ure not a star wars fan why come on here ??

Old Post Dec 14th, 2010 12:35 AM
~JP~
yeah baby

I think that one of the points he was trying to make was the fact that your grammar usage, lack of capitalization & punctuation, and just in general typing out what "looks" like a big run on sentence was annoying to him. Having been a high school English teacher, I see where he's coming from.

People always go to forums and want to make their case in favor of something they like/support which is very cool, but when they present their cases in such glaringly bad usage of the written word, they lose a ton of credibility.

Food for thought next time perhaps?

Old Post Dec 14th, 2010 07:17 PM
Click here to Send ~JP~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~JP~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
InfernoJG95
darth inferno

Or maybe Im on an iPod?

Old Post Dec 14th, 2010 10:06 PM
InfernoJG95
darth inferno

Star wars owns wether it be the OT or the PT if you don't like it get lost case closed

Old Post Dec 14th, 2010 10:07 PM
~JP~
yeah baby

Originally posted by InfernoJG95
Or maybe Im on an iPod?

That would make you lazy. I post all the time from my phone and somehow I manage to use punctuation, imagine that.

And for the record little man, I saw Star Wars in 1977, in the theater, before you were even a twinkle in your daddy's eye, so I've been a hard core fan for far longer than you. I dont hate the prequels at all, but I do recognize that they weren't nearly as good as they should have been.

Last edited by ~JP~ on Dec 14th, 2010 at 11:24 PM

Old Post Dec 14th, 2010 11:22 PM
Click here to Send ~JP~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~JP~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

I loved darth maul and revenge of the sith, personally.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2010 06:30 AM
Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zeal Ex Nihilo
Restricted

Account Restricted

Star wars owns wether it be the OT or the PT if you don't like it get lost case closed

Rofl.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2010 06:48 AM
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Re: prequel haters

why? i ask you why you hate the prequel trilogy? oh jar jar binks, oh goerge lucas forgot loads of things STFU! you say your star wars fans and then go on to say oh god the prequel trilogy what a joke...its not a joke. the prequel trilogy is important. it fills in the secrets to the saga. its like a jigsaw puzzle. please tell me why you hate the prequel trilogy and ill tell you why i think your a moron. attack of the clones: that film was bad loads of plot holes i didnt get it....what are you a retard! just please if you say your a big star wars fan but hate the prequels then please leave. go like something else. you cant like one part of something but really hate the other. john williams music i the good part of the prequels....no its not. its a part of it. the good part to me was the lightsabre fights and the action scenes. the love scenes were the worst...what would you prefer? twilight? didnt think so. also some of you abuse george lucas....well he made star wars , your faveourite film series....id understand if you preferred the orignal trilogy but some comments ive seen about the prequel trilogy just pissed me off.

I didn't like ROTS because the actor who played Anekin made him into a whiner. I like the clone war for the opposite reason; it makes Anekin into a reckless Jedi who later became Darth Vader.

I liked Jar Jar, but the idea of a virgin birth, just made me shutter.

Attack of the clones was my favorite of the three.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2010 06:32 PM
Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
InfernoJG95
darth inferno

Ummm I'm a hardcore star wars fan allright ask anyone I know....I get picked on at school loads for it so I should no how much I love it. It changed my life since I saw episode IV. It doesn't matter how long you've been a fan or how much you know: I know alot aswell: it's how much you love it. JP if your gay comment is to stop me loving star wars I'm pissed off. I love star wars. I don't care if I never got to see it in 1977. I got to experiance the PT in the cinema. And with star wars in 3D coming up I'll finally get to experiance the originals. I'll never stop loving star wars. It's my favourite thing in the world

Old Post Dec 15th, 2010 10:02 PM