KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » prequel haters

prequel haters
Started by: InfernoJG95

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (18): « First ... « 16 17 [18]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
queeq
Chaos

That's what ya said.

Old Post May 24th, 2011 05:34 AM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ogami Itto
Lone Wolf and Cub

All i wanted was a whole film focusing on Darth Vader, in the suit, Kicking jedi ass and basicly being a bad Mofo!

Thats the main reason why im not a fan of the PT!

i think now looking back they shouldn't have bothered making it ( apart from the LS battle at the end of TPM)

But thats lucas he couldn't even leave the OT alone without digitally shitting all over it !

fuc*&er! lol

If you compare yourself with others, you may become vain or bitter; for always there will be lesser and greater persons than yourself.

Old Post Aug 12th, 2011 08:18 PM
Click here to Send Ogami Itto a Private Message Find more posts by Ogami Itto Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General G
Canadian.

The PT is not how anybody thought it would be.

Made by Tiffy!

Old Post Aug 12th, 2011 11:52 PM
Click here to Send General G a Private Message Find more posts by General G Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Nope.

But I too thought the fall of Anakin would be sooner, with him hunting down Jedi. And then OB1 would try to turn him back to the dark side, because he felt there was still good in him ("OB1 once thought as you do.") which would lead to the fight where Anakin looses his limbs.

It would have made a lot more sense.

Old Post Aug 14th, 2011 10:40 AM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General G
Canadian.

Yeah, that would have set Vader up perfectly for that line.

All this talk about the PT and how bad it was really makes me want remakes.

Made by Tiffy!

Old Post Aug 15th, 2011 12:24 AM
Click here to Send General G a Private Message Find more posts by General G Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sith Master X
Darth Sadistic

So bad that we continue to talk about them...12 years and counting. big grin

I like George.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2011 02:53 AM
Click here to Send Sith Master X a Private Message Find more posts by Sith Master X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-kV-
[:::::{============)

KOTOR's backstory and the way the game modeled Revan was how the PT should have proceeded with Skywalker's rise and fall.

The 1st movie should have focused on Anakin more than simply finding him and having Obi-Wan agreeing at the end to train him. The ten year break between TPM and AOTC doesn't flow and isolates TPM from the the PT.

The whole 'ten-year' thing should have occurred in the first film. They should have gotten Anakin to adulthood with the Separatist movement detailed and underway by the end. That way the Clone Wars and Anakin's fall could have been done in 2 movies, with him destroying the Jedi in the third film (as opposed to Clones).

BlackZero30x created this a-'Maize'-ing signature! =)

Last edited by -kV- on Aug 15th, 2011 at 05:09 AM

Old Post Aug 15th, 2011 05:07 AM
Click here to Send -kV- a Private Message Find more posts by -kV- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Yup...

Old Post Aug 15th, 2011 08:43 AM
General G
Canadian.

I believe we're all agreed.

Made by Tiffy!

Old Post Aug 16th, 2011 02:30 AM
queeq
Chaos

Wow... that's a first.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2011 06:26 AM
Sith Master X
Darth Sadistic

Just read that the TPM 3D conversion is complete.

Anyone going to see it in theaters next FEB?

I like George.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2011 05:15 PM
Click here to Send Sith Master X a Private Message Find more posts by Sith Master X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

I might do...I think seeing the star wars saga in 3D could be kinda kick ass to be honest, it's a shame we'll still have Hans head being really badly moved to the side to make him look like less of an @ss when Greedo...shoots at him. And then there's Hayden and Jar Jar added into ROTJ which is just....awful. BUT...I still think it could be fun to watch.

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Aug 16th, 2011 09:05 PM
Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sith Master X
Darth Sadistic

Yeah, those minor little things really don't bother me at all. I can see why some people hate it, but it doesn't significantly change anything for me so I'm cool with it.

I think now that all these years have passed and people's expectations are in check and not impossibly high, the PT will be a blast to watch in 3D.

I like George.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2011 12:32 AM
queeq
Chaos

Maybe... I dunno... Seems a bit late to me. The 3D hype is already in decline.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2011 06:52 AM
Sith Master X
Darth Sadistic

Yeah, I'm not a huge 3D fan myself, but I still welcome seeing SW back on the big screen again, which is why I think that alone could be fun. But in general, I could take 3D or leave it. Not for it, not against it so to speak. lol

I like George.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2011 07:20 PM
queeq
Chaos

Me neither.

Personally I think Avatar is the only movie I saw in 3D I really liked AS 3D. I saw Tron Legacy, Toy Story 3, Monsters vs. Aliens, Alice in Wonderland in 3D, but I failed to see that the value 3D added to it. It didn't make Tron any better and Toy Story 3 and Alice are just as enyoable without 3D.

And Avatar holds up nicely in 2D.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2011 05:19 PM
Sith Master X
Darth Sadistic

Yep, I saw AVATAR only in 2D and absolutely loved it.

I also saw Toy Story 3 in 3D, and to be quite honest, it was weird. Maybe because I grew up with the first two movies in 2D, so it just felt different. Not necessarily bad, but different.

But to say the least, went I went back to see Toy Story 3 a second time in 2D, I enjoyed it far, far better.

I like George.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2011 04:45 PM
darthmaul1

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Korto Vos
KOTOR's backstory and the way the game modeled Revan was how the PT should have proceeded with Skywalker's rise and fall.

The 1st movie should have focused on Anakin more than simply finding him and having Obi-Wan agreeing at the end to train him. The ten year break between TPM and AOTC doesn't flow and isolates TPM from the the PT.

The whole 'ten-year' thing should have occurred in the first film. They should have gotten Anakin to adulthood with the Separatist movement detailed and underway by the end. That way the Clone Wars and Anakin's fall could have been done in 2 movies, with him destroying the Jedi in the third film (as opposed to Clones).

I think they did a good job with the PT, the only thing i would of changed would of been killing maul, they should of kept him till the begining of EP III and have anakin kill him then. instead of dooku.

IMO i think they had to do it the way they did, cause anakin couldn't of had children after he turned. and if they showed him hunting down the jedi in III then padme would of mor than likely been out of the picture by that point. and he did help the empire hunt down the jedi in the temple and kill them, and then probably went after any scraglers after EPIII.
On a side not they confirmed replacing crappy puppet yoda with digital yoda in TPM. ya!

Old Post Aug 24th, 2011 06:52 PM
Click here to Send darthmaul1 a Private Message Find more posts by darthmaul1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Don't cheer too soon. wink

Old Post Aug 31st, 2011 09:56 AM