KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Pirates of the Caribbean » Trailer!

Trailer!
Started by: PirateofOslo

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
PirateofOslo

Trailer!

Old Post Dec 13th, 2010 11:17 PM
PirateofOslo is currently offline Click here to Send PirateofOslo a Private Message Find more posts by PirateofOslo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lacan Grahf
Restricted

Account Restricted

Not bad, though I'm not particularly excited by it. I'm interested to see how the British element will play out in this film, since it appears to simply be a rehash of what we got with the East India Trading Company, in lieu of Beckett.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2010 11:47 PM
Lacan Grahf is currently offline Click here to Send Lacan Grahf a Private Message Find more posts by Lacan Grahf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bwa Ha Ha

3D

CALLED IT

ALSO, ZOMBIES

THAT IS ALL

Old Post Dec 15th, 2010 04:07 AM
Bwa Ha Ha is currently offline Click here to Send Bwa Ha Ha a Private Message Find more posts by Bwa Ha Ha Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Guardian

looks bad

Old Post Dec 15th, 2010 08:44 AM
Silent Guardian is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Guardian a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Guardian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tramps Lady
Blaine

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Bwa Ha Ha
3D

CALLED IT

ALSO, ZOMBIES

THAT IS ALL

Sorry to burst your bubble dear, but they spoke to bruckheimer in an interview long ago saying that they're the first to use actual 3D cameras.

Haha love you?

I'm looking forward to this - but I'm sad because there's no orlando or Keira... Pfft - yes I'm still sad :P

<3 21 JumpStreet <3

Old Post Dec 16th, 2010 03:54 AM
Tramps Lady is currently offline Click here to Send Tramps Lady a Private Message Find more posts by Tramps Lady Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tramps Lady
Blaine

<3 21 JumpStreet <3

Old Post Dec 16th, 2010 07:01 AM
Tramps Lady is currently offline Click here to Send Tramps Lady a Private Message Find more posts by Tramps Lady Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bwa Ha Ha

They did? D: Well... At least I'd make a good detective, I guessed from the promo poster.

And yay other trailer!

And ZOMBIES.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2010 04:41 PM
Bwa Ha Ha is currently offline Click here to Send Bwa Ha Ha a Private Message Find more posts by Bwa Ha Ha Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

Looks whack.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Dec 17th, 2010 08:58 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
IheartPocky
Not a sausage..

I don't know about this! I've got a slightly bad feeling!

Old Post Dec 21st, 2010 01:42 AM
IheartPocky is currently offline Click here to Send IheartPocky a Private Message Find more posts by IheartPocky Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bwa Ha Ha

Hmm... In any case, I'll probably wait for reviews before watching in a theater...

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2010 11:31 PM
pirate179

sadly enough im not super stoked for this......

Old Post Jan 5th, 2011 09:13 PM
pirate179 is currently offline Click here to Send pirate179 a Private Message Find more posts by pirate179 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bwa Ha Ha

sad

Old Post Jan 6th, 2011 02:11 AM
IheartPocky
Not a sausage..

Wait for reviews? PFFT It's still pirates of the caribbean so ima be in there watchin it no matter what.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2011 02:26 AM
IheartPocky is currently offline Click here to Send IheartPocky a Private Message Find more posts by IheartPocky Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bwa Ha Ha

Well, I mean I'll still watch it, just maybe not in theaters or the first few days.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2011 05:03 PM
IheartPocky
Not a sausage..

Hmm Maybe not midnight showing for me but hopefully the first few days lol well ill see how i feel when it comes out really

Old Post Jan 12th, 2011 11:31 PM
Bwa Ha Ha

Anyone else have plans for when they'll watch?

Chances are I'll get the DVD for sure unless it completely sucks or something...

Old Post Jan 14th, 2011 06:31 AM
Sparrabella

Re: Trailer!

You asked for it so here be a long rant.

I was very underwhelmed because it`s really generic and sold on Jack`s appeal only without actual thrills that we haven`t seen before. Other three movies all had trailers with some money shots that were different and intriguing:

COTBP`s skeleton pirates
DMC`s three-way swordfight on a big wheel, hints of the Kraken and The Kiss for Ages
AWE - maelstrom (sp?) and a promise of an epic sea battle with hundreds of ships that never was but the trailer made it look like that`s where the movie was going

Another thing that rubs me the wrong way is that some major original characters aren`t back due to appalling closures they got in AWE, but this movie seem to have their clones. So what`s the point of snubbing Willabeth when there`s Willabeth for cheap (that new teen hearthrobe and his young love interest) and Groves is basically playing Norrington? Finally, I know that OST is loosely based on a book, but Angelica stikes me as Ana Maria type. So, why not Ana Maria?

On the plus side, Depp and Cruz chemistry set the screen abalze in Blow, McShane should be right at home as a pirate and Barbosa is Barbosa.

Last edited by Sparrabella on Feb 2nd, 2011 at 02:00 AM

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2011 01:56 AM
Sparrabella is currently offline Click here to Send Sparrabella a Private Message Find more posts by Sparrabella Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bwa Ha Ha

Ana Maria's busy with Avatar 2 and 3.

But no, really, you make valid points. Honestly, I think one of the biggest losses was Norrington, but I'm a bit biased. Still, he could at least make some sort of cameo... But at least we still have Jack and Barbossa! That's the minimum, right?

Old Post Feb 4th, 2011 05:18 PM
Sparrabella

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Bwa Ha Ha
Ana Maria's busy with Avatar 2 and 3.

But no, really, you make valid points. Honestly, I think one of the biggest losses was Norrington, but I'm a bit biased. Still, he could at least make some sort of cameo... But at least we still have Jack and Barbossa! That's the minimum, right?

I love Zoe in Avatar and can`t understand why Disney didn`t like her in COTBP. Her part was small so she couldn`t ruin the movie if she wanted.

I love Jack and Barbossa but it seems to me that they kept only the characters who have zero naysayers. Everyone loves J&B and Mr Gibbs, of course, while others like Willabeth, Norrington, R&P are love/hate characters. My beef is with complete shutout as if they never existed and considering what Jack has gone through with Willabeth, it isn`t possible that he just doesn`t remember or care anymore. Especially since Flying Dutchman and its Captain are still a reference because they ferry souls.

I mean, if they wanted to shut out old characters, they could`ve done something cliche that carries emotional value to fans and in 4-5 sentences explains that those original characters are alright despite misfortune in AWE. Instead of Phil, they could have young Will. His mermaid love interest could turn out to the daughter of Norrington and Calyposo/mermaid. So you don`t have to see the parents but kids will tell you that they are OK. Sure, it`s cheesy trick but having another young couple that Sparrow chaperones is cheesy too and since they are unrelated to anyone we know their inclusion begs the question of why? Why new Willabeth aka Philabeth when you cna have Willabeth? What`s the point? besides, after AWE`s closing credits scene with young Will, everyone expected him to take Will`s place in OST. IMO, that would have provided better transition than Phil whoever he is unless they are hiding his true identiry (that he is young Will but I doubt it).

Old Post Feb 5th, 2011 12:52 AM
Sparrabella is currently offline Click here to Send Sparrabella a Private Message Find more posts by Sparrabella Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bwa Ha Ha

Yeah, I actually never thought of that. It's true, you'd be hard-pressed to find someone who dislikes Jack or Barbossa, whereas there were a fair amount of people who disliked all the characters that have been booted off.

Actually, thinking through it now, I don't care that they got rid of the characters. Mostly, it's just the fact that the trailer makes it seem like they never even EXISTED.

We need a reference to them at the very least!

Old Post Feb 5th, 2011 03:47 AM