KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » No Iron Man 3 For Jon Favreau

No Iron Man 3 For Jon Favreau
Started by: The Nuul

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 11 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ares834

quote: (post)

The problem I have with this is the implication that it's impossible to have a Chinese villain without it being racist. It's not the ethnicity of the character that matters, it's the execution. Now if they had him follow Chinese stereotypes then yeah, it could be viewed as racist. But just because he is a villain who is Chinese and embraces his heritage... No, that doesn't it racist.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2012 01:00 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gecko4lif

Originally posted by Kazenji
Who cares anyway, Seems Shane Black has done a better job then him.
What kind of nut hugging shit is that

the movie hasnt even come out yet.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2012 02:44 PM
Gecko4lif is currently offline Click here to Send Gecko4lif a Private Message Find more posts by Gecko4lif Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by Gecko4lif
What kind of nut hugging shit is that
t.

The same nut hugging shit that you don't wish to believe.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2012 05:26 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Gecko4lif
You dont make iron man without Faverau you assholes.

Did you see IM2?

I'm glad they're putting it in a whole new direction for the 3rd.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2012 12:22 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Originally posted by ares834
The problem I have with this is the implication that it's impossible to have a Chinese villain without it being racist. It's not the ethnicity of the character that matters, it's the execution. Now if they had him follow Chinese stereotypes then yeah, it could be viewed as racist. But just because he is a villain who is Chinese and embraces his heritage... No, that doesn't it racist.

Just calling him the Mandarin with no other name is stereotyping, though. it's like having an African villain and just calling him the Nigerian, etc.

Will Ben Kingsley actually have a name in this?

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Oct 29th, 2012 04:03 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruhMan
World Champion

Isn't mandarin just a language though?

Old Post Oct 29th, 2012 09:00 PM
BruhMan is currently offline Click here to Send BruhMan a Private Message Find more posts by BruhMan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WhiteWitchKing

Originally posted by roughrider
Just calling him the Mandarin with no other name is stereotyping, though. it's like having an African villain and just calling him the Nigerian, etc.

Will Ben Kingsley actually have a name in this?

Yeah, Mandarin is a stereotype indeed. The problem is most Asian heroes and villain are stereotypes that the whole thing becomes an issue. I mean look at Captain America. The guy could be considered a stereotype with name and all that he represents. Difference is that there are so many different types of non-stereotyped white American characters that there is less focus on characters who's are actually stereotypes.

Mandarin - Fu Manchu of Iron Man
Amadeus Cho - super smart, with the ability to see mathematical equations
Fat Cobra - Sumo wrestler
Silver Samurai - it's in his name
Lady Deathstrike - geisha/assassin/ninja
Jubilee - shoot fireworks out of her hands
Ancient One

Still, these are some great characters though. However, there are some that aren't like Nico Minoru and Sun Fire.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2012 03:09 AM
WhiteWitchKing is currently offline Click here to Send WhiteWitchKing a Private Message Find more posts by WhiteWitchKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruhMan
World Champion

Originally posted by WhiteWitchKing

Jubilee - shoot fireworks out of her hands

laughing out loud Can't believe I'm just seeing now how racist that is.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2012 07:18 PM
BruhMan is currently offline Click here to Send BruhMan a Private Message Find more posts by BruhMan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

Originally posted by JayDaDon
laughing out loud Can't believe I'm just seeing now how racist that is.

How is that racist? Jubilee means a joyful celebration. Fireworks and her powers make her name perfect.

Is it because of the Lee?????

Old Post Oct 31st, 2012 09:09 AM
the ninjak is currently offline Click here to Send the ninjak a Private Message Find more posts by the ninjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruhMan
World Champion

No its cuz she's chinese and fireworks is kinda their thing. laughing out loud

Old Post Oct 31st, 2012 06:23 PM
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Turns out [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Pepper Potts will don her own suit of armor in Iron Man 3, likely a nod to the "Rescue" armor she had in the comics in Fraction's run.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2012 08:11 PM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Don't like this idea...

Old Post Nov 12th, 2012 08:46 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Turns out [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Pepper Potts will don her own suit of armor in Iron Man 3, likely a nod to the "Rescue" armor she had in the comics in Fraction's run.

i think from what i've read she does it to save her life or rather tony shoves/puts her in some armor

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Nov 12th, 2012 10:59 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WhiteWitchKing

http://comicbook.com/blog/2012/11/0...e-galaxy-movie/

Apparently Iron Man is going to appear in Guardians of the Galaxy movie. Hopefully this boost the GOTG's box office numbers so we get another sequel. I'm hoping for a trilogy for this team as well.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2012 05:31 AM
WhiteWitchKing is currently offline Click here to Send WhiteWitchKing a Private Message Find more posts by WhiteWitchKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Like to know how they're going to do the Guardians Of the Galaxy movie, Since they're not going to introduce each character with their own movie.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2012 06:50 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by WhiteWitchKing
http://comicbook.com/blog/2012/11/0...e-galaxy-movie/

Apparently Iron Man is going to appear in Guardians of the Galaxy movie. Hopefully this boost the GOTG's box office numbers so we get another sequel. I'm hoping for a trilogy for this team as well.

that seems to be false at the moment

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Nov 15th, 2012 06:41 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent_Bomber

I'm not holding out much hope for this personally, Iron Man 2 pretty much killed the entire franchise for me I think.

Changing the director makes me slightly more optimistic though.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2013 04:24 PM
Silent_Bomber is currently offline Click here to Send Silent_Bomber a Private Message Find more posts by Silent_Bomber Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by Silent_Bomber
I'm not holding out much hope for this personally, Iron Man 2 pretty much killed the entire franchise for me I think.

Changing the director makes me slightly more optimistic though.

Have you had a look at the trailer

what do you think of it what's been shown?

Old Post Feb 28th, 2013 03:33 AM
SevenShackles
Missa pro defunctis

Originally posted by Kazenji
Like to know how they're going to do the Guardians Of the Galaxy movie, Since they're not going to introduce each character with their own movie.

Hopefully with a good script.

GAMMA GIDEON

Respect: -Dynamo 5 -Greed -Noh-Varr/Marvel Boy

Old Post Feb 28th, 2013 04:02 AM
SevenShackles is currently offline Click here to Send SevenShackles a Private Message Find more posts by SevenShackles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DragonRider19
Kurt Phucking Angle

New Ironman 3 Poster(please log in to view the image)

The Ankle Butcher, Patriotic Entity,
Earths Mightiest Hero, KURT PHUCKING ANGLE.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2013 06:53 PM
DragonRider19 is currently offline Click here to Send DragonRider19 a Private Message Find more posts by DragonRider19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote