KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Sports Forum » "Pro" Wrestling's Greatest Wrestlers of all Time

"Pro" Wrestling's Greatest Wrestlers of all Time
Started by: BobbyD

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
TheHulk
Retired Debater

In General-
1)Hulk Hogan
2)Stone Cold Steve Austin
3)The Rock
4)The Undertaker
5)John Cena

My personal opinion

1)The Rock
2)Stone Cold Steve Austin
3)The Undertaker
4)John Cena
5)Hulk Hogan

WORD LIFE!!!

Old Post Apr 19th, 2013 07:08 AM
TheHulk is currently offline Click here to Send TheHulk a Private Message Find more posts by TheHulk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Greatest as in what, exactly?

If we're going by success and what they've done for the business, then mine would be:

1. Bruno Sammartino
2. Hulk Hogan
3. Ultimate Warrior
4. The Undertaker
5. Shawn Michaels
6. Stone Cold Steve Austin
7. The Rock
8. Bret Hart
9. Kurt Angle
10. John Cena

My personal ten best, as in, my favourites? In purely Kayfabe terms:

1. The Rock
2. Hulk Hogan
3. Jeff Hardy
4. Kane (masked)
5. Chris Benoit
6. Christ Jericho
7. Marty Jannetty
8. Macho Man
9. Bradshaw (when he was in the Acolytes/APA)
10. Bret Hart

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Apr 19th, 2013 01:01 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheHulk
Retired Debater

quote: (post)
Originally posted by -Pr-
Greatest as in what, exactly?

If we're going by success and what they've done for the business, then mine would be:

1. Bruno Sammartino
2. Hulk Hogan
3. Ultimate Warrior
4. The Undertaker
5. Shawn Michaels
6. Stone Cold Steve Austin
7. The Rock
8. Bret Hart
9. Kurt Angle
10. John Cena

My personal ten best, as in, my favourites? In purely Kayfabe terms:

1. The Rock
2. Hulk Hogan
3. Jeff Hardy
4. Kane (masked)
5. Chris Benoit
6. Christ Jericho
7. Marty Jannetty
8. Macho Man
9. Bradshaw (when he was in the Acolytes/APA)
10. Bret Hart
Sweet list PR.

WORD LIFE!!!

Old Post Apr 19th, 2013 01:46 PM
TheHulk is currently offline Click here to Send TheHulk a Private Message Find more posts by TheHulk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

ty. I know some of mine won't be on anyone's lists, but variety is the spice of life and all.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Apr 19th, 2013 01:47 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheHulk
Retired Debater

ty. I know some of mine won't be on anyone's lists, but variety is the spice of life and all.
I disagree about Kurt angle though

WORD LIFE!!!

Old Post Apr 20th, 2013 12:39 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Oh?

The reason I put him was because he, I think more than anyone before him, paved the way for amateur wrestlers to enter the business. He gave the WWE a sense of legitimacy, and I think he's a large part of why today's roster has so many guys that wrestled in high school or college.

Plus, doesn't he still have like, the best rookie year ever?

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Apr 20th, 2013 12:41 PM
TheHulk
Retired Debater

Oh?

The reason I put him was because he, I think more than anyone before him, paved the way for amateur wrestlers to enter the business. He gave the WWE a sense of legitimacy, and I think he's a large part of why today's roster has so many guys that wrestled in high school or college.
Lol i seriously do not agree on that. Lol Jack Swagger is the closest thing to KA sure but that does not mean he is based on KA or he was inspired by him,As a matter of fact almost all current WWE superstars have a Amateur background. Kurt Angle was great no question but lol he did not pave the way for anyone. The only people that paved a way for WWE for something is,Hulk Hogan paving the way for WWE as a National Sport and The Rock for paving the way for WWE/WWF superstars to Hollywood. But again Kurt Angle was great,badass and a real wrestler no doubt!
Plus, doesn't he still have like, the best rookie year ever?
Lol true he was the best rookie smile

WORD LIFE!!!

Old Post Apr 20th, 2013 01:03 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by TheHulk
Lol i seriously do not agree on that. Lol Jack Swagger is the closest thing to KA sure but that does not mean he is based on KA or he was inspired by him,As a matter of fact almost all current WWE superstars have a Amateur background. Kurt Angle was great no question but lol he did not pave the way for anyone. The only people that paved a way for WWE for something is,Hulk Hogan paving the way for WWE as a National Sport and The Rock for paving the way for WWE/WWF superstars to Hollywood. But again Kurt Angle was great,badass and a real wrestler no doubt!
Lol true he was the best rookie smile

I honestly don't agree. When I was watching it, it honestly felt like it was a huge deal that they'd gotten an Olympic gold medallist to actually join their ranks. I believe Kurt inspired guys like Shelton Benjamin, Brock Lesnar, Bobby Lashley etc.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Apr 20th, 2013 01:24 PM
TheHulk
Retired Debater

I honestly don't agree. When I was watching it, it honestly felt like it was a huge deal that they'd gotten an Olympic gold medallist to actually join their ranks. I believe Kurt inspired guys like Shelton Benjamin, Brock Lesnar, Bobby Lashley etc.
It is true that Kurt was one of the first or is the first Olympic wrestler to enter the WWF,still lol to say Inspired is a strong word......Shelton Benjamin maybe since he was under Kurt once. The others you name lol no,as a matter a fact both Lesnar and lashley have stated different intentions on why they joined. So yea to say inspired lol no,perhaps paving the way is a better term but still I disagree. But lol lets just leave it as that. Different opinions but the same opinion on how great Angle was...It's true. :smoking:

P.S Brock is in it for the Money.....

WORD LIFE!!!

Old Post Apr 20th, 2013 02:09 PM
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Shawn Michaels is arguably the best all around performer of all time.

Old Post Apr 20th, 2013 10:07 PM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

It is true that Kurt was one of the first or is the first Olympic wrestler to enter the WWF,still lol to say Inspired is a strong word......Shelton Benjamin maybe since he was under Kurt once. The others you name lol no,as a matter a fact both Lesnar and lashley have stated different intentions on why they joined. So yea to say inspired lol no,perhaps paving the way is a better term but still I disagree. But lol lets just leave it as that. Different opinions but the same opinion on how great Angle was...It's true. :smoking:

P.S Brock is in it for the Money.....

True, but I don't know if it started that way.

Originally posted by JakeTheBank

Can't really argue with that.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Apr 21st, 2013 01:57 AM
TheHulk
Retired Debater

Originally posted by JakeTheBank
thumb up

Which prob is the reason why WWE placed Hin on their Top 50 WWE/WWF Superstars list. evil face

WORD LIFE!!!

Old Post Apr 21st, 2013 04:39 AM
TheHulk
Retired Debater

True, but I don't know if it started that way.
but anyway we all can agree Kurt Angle was one of the best wrestlers smile

WORD LIFE!!!

Old Post Apr 21st, 2013 04:40 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Technically speaking, he might even be the best.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Apr 21st, 2013 05:48 AM
TheHulk
Retired Debater

Technically speaking, he might even be the best.
*might* but to me no...it's either Bret Hart or Y2J your pick but ill add Kurt Angle,Daniel Bryan,Chris Benoit and CM Punk(Not Punk mark) though.

WORD LIFE!!!

Old Post Apr 21st, 2013 06:04 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

*might* but to me no...it's either Bret Hart or Y2J your pick but ill add Kurt Angle,Daniel Bryan,Chris Benoit and CM Punk(Not Punk mark) though.

In terms of pure ability, I think Angle is better than Hart or Jericho, but if you add in mic skills and charisma, then either man would be his equal if not his superior.

I even like Jericho a lot more than I do Angle. Just my 2c.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Apr 21st, 2013 06:05 AM
TheHulk
Retired Debater

In terms of pure ability, I think Angle is better than Hart or Jericho, but if you add in mic skills and charisma, then either man would be his equal if not his superior.

I even like Jericho a lot more than I do Angle. Just my 2c.
I agree with you actually cause this is what I always thought.

Kurt Angle can arguably be the best wrestlers in WWE/WWF of all time and it might also be a fact, because unlike ALL past or present superstars,He had a freaking GOLD MEDAL in OLYMPIC WRESTLING as proof of his legitimacy! and I'm like if that ain't enough than look at it this way,What does Bret Hart or Chris Benoit have to prove they are better wrestlers? Nothing! Cause unlike Kurt Angle he does not have a plucking medal for wrestling,A gold medal for wrestling in the Olympics is a huge accomplishment and is far better than a national champion or winning at Amateur wrestling.

WORD LIFE!!!

Old Post Apr 21st, 2013 06:17 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Yeah, exactly. He was factually the best freestyle wrestler in the world in 1996.

I always felt that, in terms of technical ability, that Benoit was the closest to Angle on the roster (I actually preferred Benoit too). Benoit would be in the hall of fame if not for what happened, imo.

Hell, he might even still be competing.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Apr 21st, 2013 06:20 AM
TheHulk
Retired Debater

Yeah, exactly. He was factually the best freestyle wrestler in the world in 1996.

I always felt that, in terms of technical ability, that Benoit was the closest to Angle on the roster (I actually preferred Benoit too). Benoit would be in the hall of fame if not for what happened, imo.

Hell, he might even still be competing.
Lol to many headbutt bulldogs for Benoit.

WORD LIFE!!!

Old Post Apr 21st, 2013 06:22 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Yep. No wonder wrestling is so different nowadays. Guys don't take nearly as many crazy bumps as they used to.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Apr 21st, 2013 06:23 AM