KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Star Wars: Role Playing » USH'S SITHMAS THREAD 2010

USH'S SITHMAS THREAD 2010
Started by: Ushgarak

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Ush's Sithmas Thread 2010

Grave news folks- the vile efforts of Darth Scroogius have hampered this year's attempts at something decent for a Christmas thread. By his efforts, the next episode on the Malphas saga is not yet done, I do not have enough information on the next campaign episodes to make a decent trailer, and I've already given as much preview stuff about them as I reasonably can!

Yet still, the Light Side shall remain triumphant in the end! Bits of good news can be glimpsed by those skilled enough in the Force to see them. The next episodes DO exist and we should be able to play straight into them without a break- the current episodes are nearing their final acts. There's an interlude for the Jedi, and an extended epilogue for the Dark Siders (probably their biggest battle yet) which will run simultaneously before both sides get back about their galactic business. The Light Side story will end with the Dark Siders gnashing their teeth at not knowing what the Light Siders now know. Not too long after the epilogue will end with the situations reversed and the Light Siders will want to kill me.

As for General of the Republic- part 3 of the Malphas saga- work has been going on furiously on it of late- at the expense of any RPing, incidentally!- but it is a complex job. I have tested the battle strategy system in it (full on wars this time), but not the story. It will come, and before too long with any luck! Part 3 puts you back in the shoes of the Jedi. Next year, part 4 sees a return to the Sith, and the saga will finish with a part 5... in which you must choose which perspective to play from.

Meanwhile, the next episodes of the main campaign are not the final episodes, nor are they the penultimate episodes... and in fact, the final storyline is likely to be two episodes long, so they are not even the ones before the penultimate episodes. So I can predict that we can happily play on until 2020 or thereabouts... well, with any luck we can keep the gaming regular.

I shall return now to my struggle against Scroogius... and see if I can find some presents for you guys between now and New Year!

Merry Sithmas, all...

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Dec 25th, 2010 11:03 AM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Melkor

Merry Sithmas, Ush!

I would not mind playing the games for next 10 years! If I am still playing it at the age of 26 (and I have a lot of other things to do), I am not likely to good too old for games soon.

And I really want to raise Gallador`s Force Rating, and I need several episodes worth of XP for this.

I quess the extended battle will be against the Bureau on Epireus?

Yet the lies that Melkor, the mighty and accursed, Morgoth Bauglir, the Power of Terror and of Hate, sowed in the hearts of Elves and Men are a seed that does not die and cannot be destroyed; and ever and anon it sprouts anew, and will bear dark fruit even unto the latest days.

"… his name is Melkor, Lord of All, Giver of Freedeom, and he shall make you stronger than they."
Sauron to Ar-Pharazôn

Old Post Dec 25th, 2010 11:14 AM
Lord Melkor is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Melkor a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Melkor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Nah, it's way better than that. The Epilogue is actually optional, but the chances of you not doing it are slim.

The Epilogue is when you choose if you want revenge on Emperor Rivas. Because if you do, you can muscle up everything you've got and take a shot at it...

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Dec 25th, 2010 11:15 AM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Melkor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ushgarak
Nah, it's way better than that. The Epilogue is actually optional, but the chances of you not doing it are slim.

The Epilogue is when you choose if you want revenge on Emperor Rivas. Because if you do, you can muscle up everything you've got and take a shot at it...

Can we put his death on galactic TV? evil face

Yet the lies that Melkor, the mighty and accursed, Morgoth Bauglir, the Power of Terror and of Hate, sowed in the hearts of Elves and Men are a seed that does not die and cannot be destroyed; and ever and anon it sprouts anew, and will bear dark fruit even unto the latest days.

"… his name is Melkor, Lord of All, Giver of Freedeom, and he shall make you stronger than they."
Sauron to Ar-Pharazôn

Old Post Dec 25th, 2010 11:21 AM
Lord Melkor is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Melkor a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Melkor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Well, to do that you'd need where he is to be wired into some mass galactic transmission system or the like.

BtVS

Old Post Dec 25th, 2010 11:32 AM
Craft
CTE

Oh rad! Well I'm certainly not going anywhere. I love this game :P

I didn't realize we were near the final act though, I thought we just hit half way. Then again my first proper game in this campaign was Battlefield and that went on the longest.

Old Post Dec 25th, 2010 02:29 PM
Craft is currently offline Click here to Send Craft a Private Message Find more posts by Craft Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Well, you've done rather a lot!

BtVS

Old Post Dec 25th, 2010 02:49 PM
Peach
mordrem

...so the Epilogue is that "biggest battle ever" you told me about aaaages ago?

And **** yeah we're taking revenge on Rivas.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Dec 25th, 2010 03:40 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Melkor

Biggest battle ever, as in we have minions of our side? I like it more and more.

Sauron to Ar-Pharazôn

Old Post Dec 25th, 2010 05:16 PM
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

Happy New Doctor Who Day! (or Sithmas)

I'l be honest, I totally forgot about the Malphas saga, but now that you mentioned it, a new desire has awoken in me.
Damn you. Damn you all...

Old Post Dec 25th, 2010 05:28 PM
Tptmanno1 is currently offline Click here to Send Tptmanno1 a Private Message Find more posts by Tptmanno1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

They celebrated Sithmas in Malphas' day too!

BtVS

Old Post Dec 25th, 2010 05:36 PM
Lord Melkor

They celebrated Sithmas in Malphas' day too!

I hope nobody died while unpacking the presents!

Sauron to Ar-Pharazôn

Old Post Dec 25th, 2010 05:39 PM
Peach
mordrem

Hah. I'm sure you'd be lucky if anyone survived.

Old Post Dec 25th, 2010 05:40 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Every Darth had to get every other Darth a present. Not all survived.

BtVS

Old Post Dec 25th, 2010 05:44 PM
Peach
mordrem

Killing the other Darths is a good way to save money on buying gifts.

Old Post Dec 25th, 2010 05:46 PM
REXXXX
Networking

Oh wow, I think we should do a game based entirely off of that scenario...

Old Post Dec 25th, 2010 05:46 PM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vera21
Vera Vera Vera!

Aww, no presents for little Vera. sad

Excited for the rest of this episode and the interlude, though!

Nice trick.

Old Post Dec 25th, 2010 06:01 PM
Vera21 is currently offline Click here to Send Vera21 a Private Message Find more posts by Vera21 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Zink
Bane

Originally posted by REXXXX
Oh wow, I think we should do a game based entirely off of that scenario...

This.

Merry Sithmas, guys. wink

Old Post Dec 25th, 2010 06:10 PM
General Zink is currently offline Click here to Send General Zink a Private Message Find more posts by General Zink Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

Every Darth had to get every other Darth a present. Not all survived.

Worst Secret Santa Ever.

Old Post Dec 25th, 2010 06:41 PM
Tptmanno1 is currently offline Click here to Send Tptmanno1 a Private Message Find more posts by Tptmanno1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Brit
Duchess

Hahaha.

Merry Sithmas, boys and girls. wink

What'd everyone get?

Punch your lights out, hit the pavement
That's what I call entertainment
Causing problems makes you famous
All the silence makes a statement

Old Post Dec 25th, 2010 10:15 PM
Brit is currently offline Click here to Send Brit a Private Message Find more posts by Brit Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote