KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Star Wars: Role Playing » RP Area 10000 post celebratory trivia quiz!

RP Area 10000 post celebratory trivia quiz!
Started by: Ushgarak

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

RP Area 10000 post celebratory trivia quiz!

Welcome to the 10000 post celebratory Ush’s on-line RP quiz! This is maybe the silliest thing I have ever done. It is a load of trivia questions based on the first three episodes of my game. All of the answers can simply be looked up in the threads themselves, if you really want to be cheap about it… I would rather you co-operatively came together in this thread and tried to knock out as many answers as you can. No need to answer all at once!

A. Easy questions!
1. What was the name of Kuylen’s final padawan?
2. What is the name of the pirate chief on Jaglon Beta?
3. Where was Kuylen when he disappeared, presumed dead? What was his mission? (that second bit is a trick question- no-one has ever asked)
4. What was Kuylen’s main job at the Jedi Temple?
5. What distinctive piece of clothing does Kuylen wear, that I am not sure anyone quite envisions correctly…?
6. Which member of the Dark Siders has been with Kuylen the longest?
7. What event led to the Malastare Open Pod Race being open to being won by a relatively inexperienced (but force-guided) newcomer?
8. What was the name of the opportunistic bounty hunter who tried to blow up Mah on Malastare?
9. What more subtle method was Balek planning to use to kill Galder in the same race?
10. Why was there a dumped power core in the hangar of the orbital depot attacked by the Dark Siders in episode III, when the Jedi came to investigate?

B. Planet naming!
Name the homeworlds of:
1. Kuylen
2. Ascar
3. Balek

4. What obscure world has been twice used in character backgrounds by players, and so will feature at some future time?
5. Where did Ascar complete his training in the Force?

C. More tricky questions
1. How did Balek lose his arm?
2. Why were the Dark Siders so interested in a gold heist in Episode II?
3. Who employed Kuylen as a mercenary between his disappearance and the time he formed his group of Dark Siders?
4. What was the purpose of the Mirror Tests on Avalar?
5. The pirates from Jaglon Beta were taking great loss for little gain with their attacks on Damagran shipping in story one. Why, then, did they go on doing it?

D. The Improbable number of villains section
Dark Siders are very rare. But not in THIS game, where they seem to be everywhere! How many Dark Siders have been provided as bad guys in the game since its start? Not counting players who failed to become regulars.

E. Nastier questions
1. Recently, Persis is the man that has caused the most aggravation to both sides. But in story one, there was also a man who spent the entire game flicking from Light Side to Dark Side thread and annoying everyone in these threads. Who was this man, what was his job and who eventually killed him?
2. How were the Dark Siders able to get great wealth whilst extracting the ruins at Avalar? Where did this wealth end up?
3. Faylar’s ‘impenetrable’ palace in K’rra Chi on Damagran was, of course, penetrated. How many different ways that it was done so can you name?
4. For what reason were the Jedi expressly forbidden from aiding the pro-Republican faction on Damagran?
5. Where did Argentis appear BEFORE he turned up in episode 2?

F. The “Ush is a blatant plagiarist’ round
Myself and my brother take much… inspiration… from other sources. How many things in this game can you spot have been taken from other stories and mythologies, sci-fi or otherwise? I know Gundy knows a couple…

And finally…

G. The Film Links round
The connection to the main plot of Star Wars will become stronger as time goes by. But to this point, how many direct links and references to the Star Wars films have been in the game, and influenced events in it?

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Feb 24th, 2003 03:05 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mah
J-type 327 Nubian

b4. What obscure world has been twice used in character backgrounds by players, and so will feature at some future time?
-baaaaaah, I know I know this..

4. What was the purpose of the Mirror Tests on Avalar?
-to see if players had any darkside-ness in them?

Old Post Feb 24th, 2003 03:54 PM
mah is currently offline Click here to Send mah a Private Message Find more posts by mah Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Well, if you know it, say it!

Your mirror test answer is right in a gaming sense. What was it for in a PLOT sense, though- as in the justification for its existence.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Feb 24th, 2003 04:04 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fire

b5 somthing that looks like a napoleon time costum
b6 dexx

c3 persis

D 8

Be smart, be cool, be sexy = be LIBERAL!

Old Post Feb 24th, 2003 05:36 PM
Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dexx
wingless

The mirror test is made for testing a true sith spirit. Light siders should fail it.

G. Well..there's Sidiou's part of the plot. Mentioning Maul, qui-gon, obi...and i think more...oh, the boonta open

A1. What's the name of Kuylen's final padawan?
Uhm...one of the 2 new comers?...zink or dak. If they're not padawans..then...me?

A3. Where was Kuylen when he disappeared, presumed dead? What was his mission?
i'm not really sure...making connections with the miramar?

A7. desire for the astrolabe.

A9. ...a disruptor..something. Wich was supposed to shut down all electrical activity in the pod.

i'll answer more later

Old Post Feb 24th, 2003 06:33 PM
Dexx is currently offline Click here to Send Dexx a Private Message Find more posts by Dexx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Let' see what we have so far...

Kuylen's military uniform is a bit broad- I think people can imagine that. But I very often describe a particular piece of clothing he wears that I keep having to describe.

Takuan has only been with Kuylen a moderate length of time

And Kuylen has sure as hell never worked for Persis!

I'll need the Dark Siders all named.

95% there on the Mirror Test, Dexx. Who specifically was it designed for?

'Padawan' is a Jedi term. Obviously I would not use the term 'final' with simple learners as Kuylen may take more in future. But who was his final actual Padawan?

About the pod race- the question is not why Galder and Mah took part, but why they were able to win it.

Correct on the Balek question. He was going to use an electro-disruptor to wipe out the electornics on Galder's pod and cause a fatal crash.

Yup, Sidious/Palpatine's entry into the plot is the biggest insertion. The Boonta Eve Open was another reference that affected the plot- and shoul help you answer another question.

I can give clues on questions if needed...

BtVS

Old Post Feb 24th, 2003 08:57 PM
Dexx
wingless

quote:
Originally posted by Ushgarak

95% there on the Mirror Test, Dexx. Who specifically was it designed for?

for the sith apprentices.

Old Post Feb 25th, 2003 05:23 AM
Dexx is currently offline Click here to Send Dexx a Private Message Find more posts by Dexx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Ahhh... close enough. It was actually for the Sith equivalent of younglings. You could not get to the Archive to learn how to be a Sith and become an apprentice until you could prove you were of a thoroughly nasty emotional disposition. Trouble is that you could not turn the damn things off, so you grown-ups had to go through them as well.

BtVS

Old Post Feb 25th, 2003 12:35 PM
Dexx
wingless

A5. He's wearing a pelisse

Old Post Feb 25th, 2003 06:12 PM
Fire

sorry about c3 I read it wrong I thought the question was who did kuylen hire

Be smart, be cool, be sexy = be LIBERAL!

Old Post Feb 25th, 2003 06:50 PM
Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Pelisse is correct.

I am sure you can answer a few more than that...

BtVS

Old Post Feb 25th, 2003 08:01 PM
REXXXX
Networking

I'll just answer as I go along, even if they've already been answered.

A1: Argentis, whom he then killed in a duel on Damagran when the Jedi tried to find Argentis and the Dark Jedi tried to kill Faylar.

A4: Kuylen worked in the archives, which is how he knows so much about Avalar and Demnos' Mausoleum.

A6: Chion (just a guess)

A9: An electro-disruptor rifle that would stop my engines and cause me to crash, making it look like an accident.

A10: The Dark Jedi were still trying to figure out how to get what they wanted from the loading droids, and the droids picked up the cores because we hadn't given them commands.

B1: Tasker's Crown

B4: Hoth; from the backgrounds of Galder and Lance.

C1: He had raped the sister of a Jedi Knight and the Jedi hunted him down. Balek lost his arm and the Jedi is stuck in the Temple.

C2: Shareth the Hutt was our ticket off of Damagran, and we needed to pay her.

C3: Shareth the Hutt?

C4: To see if the person taking the test was 'dark' enough to have access to the rest of the school. It hindered the Jedi while the Dark Jedi grabbed the maps and tablets, though Yerssot go through and fell to the Dark-side.

E1: I'm guessing Faylar, and he was a leader of the pirates. Chion stabbed him.

E2: The wealth came from the gold under the ice of Avalar. It ended up at Faylar's place, which was then stolen by the Dark-Siders and given to Shareth.

E3: I don't remember all of them, but I know a few. Galder got in disguised as one of Shareth's men and was delivering the battle droid activation switch. Quam snuck in through the ventilation shaft. Yerssot was taken in with Krisha.

G1: Kuylen heard rumors about a Sith Lord (Maul) on Tatooine and left to investigate. Sidious wants Kuylen and co. out of the picture, so he uses his power as Supreme Chancellor to have the Jedi continue to hunt down Kuylen, saying he could be a Sith Apprentice to Maul. And Gundy thought a lot about Qui-Gon Jinn last game. big grin

Old Post Feb 25th, 2003 11:28 PM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Whoa, someone has been working hard!

Argentis is correct, as is Kuylen working in the Archives.

It is indeed Chion who has been with Kuylen the longest.

Yup, it was simple player confusion that led to the power core being there. I can only assume the Force was with the Dark Siders thopugh, because that served to confuse the Light Siders more!

Ahh, Tasker's Crown is the trick answer... that is the constellation that Kuylen's people are from. He is from the chief world of that constellation; you need to name the planet.

Hoth is indeed the twice-mentioned world.

That is also true about Balek. It left him with a hate for all sabre-wielders.

Yes, the Dark Siders needed to pay off Shareth, and yes, Shareth was Kuylen's employer.

But no, not Faylar. Faylar was not a pirate, he was a Damagran politician, and despite being mentioned all the way through episode one he did not turn up until the second. He was also not in the Dark Side thread very long- merely briefly, before he died.

The gold did indeed come from Avalar- though for full marks, you need to explain why it was there. Hlaf of the wealth did indeed end up with Shareth, but the other half is somewhere else and is being used to fund something. Any ideas?

As for the Palace... ok, yes, Galder was posing as an emissary of Shareth, and yerssot was driven in by Krisha who was working for Faylar. Quam actually went in through the garbage chutes. There are at least two others ways that the place was broken into.

Doing pretty well on the game to film links; I will list all of those soon.

Nice going, Rex!

BtVS

Old Post Feb 26th, 2003 12:19 AM
REXXXX
Networking

Thanks Ush. Those are just the ones I know from memory. big grin

Old Post Feb 26th, 2003 04:55 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

A2: Wild guess that it was Pelloran.

A3: He was headed for Hutt space, and his assignment is unknown.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2003 05:09 AM
REXXXX
Networking

D1: I count about 10.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2003 05:17 AM
REXXXX
Networking

A5: A pelisse.

A8: The first name was Vil.

B5: Sirckara

E1: I'll guess Hades.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2003 05:32 AM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Correct with Pelloran, and Kuylen's mission to Hutt space.

I need the seperate Dark Siders named.

First name WAS Vil, that is half of it...

Sirckara is also correct.

CLOSE with 'Hades'...

BtVS

Old Post Feb 26th, 2003 12:50 PM
REXXXX
Networking

Hade. big grin

Old Post Feb 26th, 2003 10:07 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Hade indeed. And the other two questions about him?

BtVS

Old Post Feb 27th, 2003 07:56 PM