KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Star Wars: Role Playing » RETROSPECTION- Rianna vs. Borm

RETROSPECTION- Rianna vs. Borm
Started by: REXXXX

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
REXXXX
Networking

Hmm, not the greatest draw...

Agility Normal
Agility Weak
Agility Strong
Dexterity Strong
Dexterity Weak
Strength Weak

As you calculate what to do next, you see Borm trying to decide how to proceed himself. The energy gate poses a greater problem for him than for you. He is strong and refined, but not agile; jumping around it is not an option.

The option he chooses is all sorts of horrifying.

He decides to go through it.

Throwing his lightsaber into the air and over the gate, Borm throws himself into the energy gate. A normal human- like yourself- would be immediately disintegrated. Borm's hardened and rapidly-healing flesh allows him to pass through the gate... leaving a near-fleshless, smoldering skeleton staggering toward you. His eyes burned out (though already regenerating), he uses the Force to catch his lightsaber and come at you...

Rianna to attack.

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2011 07:19 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Rianna just stares, shocked and slightly disgusted, for a moment before slashing at him with her lightsaber, looking to (literally) disarm him. Dexterity Strong.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2011 07:23 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

When you slash for his hand, you are very surprised when Borm simply reaches for your blade. It doesn't quite remove his hand as you had planned. Instead, it is split neatly down the middle. His palm open, he then uses the Force to pry the lightsaber from your grip. You struggle against his power for a moment until he delivers a strong kick to your midriff that causes you to let go- even with his muscles on the mend from the energy gate, the Dark Side feeds him strength.

When you let go, your lightsaber flies forward and directly into Borm. He pulls his hand clear and then grasps the hilt, pulling it free and bringing it to bear on you...

Score:

Rianna- 3

Borm- 4

Borm to attack! He begins to savagely slash all around him in your general direction, taking chunks out of the walkway and severing the handrails to your sides as you back away.

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2011 07:34 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Rianna is going to swiftly back away clear of his attacks, doing her best to avoid his mad swinging by ducking, weaving, and jumping as is necessary. Strong Agility.

"You need to steal my lightsaber to have any hope of winning, is that it?" she hisses with irritation as she backs away from him.

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2011 07:53 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Rianna's acrobatic display does the trick. With his eyesight still returning and your speed proving too much for him, Borm's assault only wastes his energy.

-

Score:

Rianna- 4

Borm- 4

Rianna to attack.

The walkway is starting to give away after much of it is carved up.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2011 02:08 AM
Peach
mordrem

Rianna quickly darts in to attack, trying to take advantage as she leaps up and kicks him in a face, before vaulting off of him to jump over the energy field. Normal Agility.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2011 02:18 AM
REXXXX
Networking

In a move that could have gone very badly, you use Borm as an abusable step-ladder and send him staggering while hopping up and over the energy gate, landing smoothly on the other side.

Borm is not as calculating and cold as he was before; you've triggered some sort of beserker rage within him. He throws the lightsabers around the gate and charges straight through it once again, burning off whatever flesh he had reformed in the past few moments.

-

Score:

Rianna- 5

Borm- 4

Match point to Rianna.

Borm comes charging at you again before the lightsabers reach him, bringing with him a tremendous wave of power to bowl you over.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2011 06:21 AM
Peach
mordrem

Rianna ducks in, rolling low and aiming to knock him off of his feet before he can attack and then dodging back away, while attempting to recall her lightsaber back to her. Weak Agility.

(haha, totally reused my Matrix springboard move there...and it worked again! big grin)

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2011 03:54 PM
REXXXX
Networking

Trying to knock Borm down before he can unleash his power upon proves to be a fruitless effort. His pain tolerance is high and he is in rather more pain from the burns; your attack does little but distract him enough to get your lightsaber back just before he sends you flying down the walkway.

-

Score:

Rianna- 5

Borm- 5

Rianna to attack.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2011 03:11 AM
Peach
mordrem

Glaring at him with frustration, Rianna moves back in, this time making precise stabs with her lightsaber. Weak Dexterity.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2011 04:03 AM
REXXXX
Networking

You close in and begin trading heated blows with Borm once more. This time, though, he proves to be more dexterous, the flesh and muscle having reknitted itself on his arms first. Additionally, you are moving too slow; all this fighting is wearing you down. The red blade flashes against yours as your jabs are parried neatly.

-

Score:

Rianna- 5

Borm- 6

Match point to Borm.

Having sufficiently parried your attacks, Borm now attempts to press his advantage and run you through with his lightsaber.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2011 07:32 AM
Peach
mordrem

Ahhh crap, I've a feeling I'm about to lose...

Out of options at the moment, Rianna puts all of her strength into one swing of her lightsaber, trying to deflect his strike away from her and do the side. Weak Strength.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2011 04:52 PM
REXXXX
Networking

You do have the opportunity to attempt fleeing at any time, if you feel it is inevitable that you will lose. Especially considering that Strength is not Rianna's strong point (literally).

Old Post Feb 5th, 2011 03:09 AM
Peach
mordrem

...fleeing might be a good idea. Even if running is not Rianna's style.

How does fleeing a duel work? I don't quite remember as I've never done it...

Old Post Feb 5th, 2011 03:12 AM
REXXXX
Networking

The score resets to zero and the duel continues as normal. The person fleeing is trying to escape the fight; the opponent tries to stop that from happening.

If the fleeing duelist fails to escape, the duel resumes.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2011 03:29 AM
Peach
mordrem

Rianna is going to try and get out of there, then, using her superior agility to get back away from Borm and run back to the entrance.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2011 03:35 AM
REXXXX
Networking

Rianna flees!

It is only a matter of time before the duel resumes. If you succeed in fleeing, Borm will lose a point off his score.

-

Score (Fleeing):

Rianna- 0

Borm- 0

Borm is still running you through as it is his turn to attack.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2011 05:04 AM
Peach
mordrem

Rianna will use her lightsaber to deflect Borm's to the side long enough to move away from him. Weak Strength (as it's all I have left).

Old Post Feb 11th, 2011 05:08 AM
REXXXX
Networking

Your strength is not enough to match his. You bat the initial thrust aside but it requires more power than you thought. Following through on the swing leaves you open and you have to deflect more incoming thrusts as you try to back away without much success.

-

Score (Fleeing):

Rianna- 0

Borm- 1

Pick your next six.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2011 07:43 AM
Peach
mordrem

Three agility, two dexterity, one strength.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2011 04:22 PM