KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Spider-Man » First look at Spider-man from the new movie.

First look at Spider-man from the new movie.
Started by: SamZED

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Tzeentch
#gottem

I think it just comes down to movie making limits. If they'd gone with the mechanical web shooters, they would have had to go out of their way to portray Peter as some kind of super genius (which he is in the comics), which isn't what they were really going for in the Raimi movies, imo. Peter was "smart", but it takes an entirely different kind of smart to create a substance from scratch that acts in a manner similar to webbing and is impressive enough to hold steel, and stuff. I think Raimi was worried about the audience's suspension of disbelief.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Jan 30th, 2011 03:48 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
spidermanrocks

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Mr Parker
hell yeah,im doing cartwheels all over now.yahoo Happy Dance Happy Dance we finally get to see SPIDERMAN on the screen NOT man-spider. Happy Dance bet that will upset the Raimi apologists who defended those moronic organics so much to know end with the most ludicrous explanations from the mechs cant work on screen,and its not believeable that teenage kid could create webshooters but everything else was. laughing Those Rami apologists would always sound like they were on drugs everytime they defended those moronic organics. laughing the costume i got no problem with, just dont bring back back that metal alien from outer space Green Goblin costume again being ALL green with no purple if they make a sequal with the green goblin again.they better get THIS franchise right this time.Hopefully "THIS" spiderman movie will be what Batman Begins was to Batman at that time,the one and only TRUE Batman movie which erased that nightmare franchise of the Burton/scumacher tragedy movies.Now The Dark Knight of course joins that company.

Raimi didn't want Peter to use organic webbing in his films. Originally, Raimi wanted Peter to use both organic and mechanical webbing. How is that possible, you might ask? I didn't understand either. But then, Raimi explained in further detail the idea he had. The spider would have given Peter organic webbing. However, Peter wouldn't have been able to control it so he would have made a mechanical webshooters that would help him control his webbing. Raimi was forced to abandon this idea by Sony. So if you want to blame anyone here for the organic webbing, blame Sony.

The Green Goblin's suit wasn't Raimi's idea either. Dafoe was supposed to wear a similar costume to the one in the comics. But wearing the costume Raimi had in mind wasn't too comfortable for Dafoe so Dafoe asked Sony to ask Raimi to make a new Green Goblin costume so Raimi was forced to use that Power Rangers suit instead. You should do research, Mr Parker.

And do you really hate the first two Spider-Man films just because of the organic webbing? Everything else from the comics is still there in the first two Raimi films (except a good Mary Jane and a Spider-Man that is a wisecracker) so they're not that bad.

Last edited by spidermanrocks on Jan 30th, 2011 at 10:47 PM

Old Post Jan 30th, 2011 10:45 PM
spidermanrocks is currently offline Click here to Send spidermanrocks a Private Message Find more posts by spidermanrocks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arahan
Silver Guy

Mr.Parker will never change^^

Old Post Jan 30th, 2011 10:59 PM
Arahan is currently offline Click here to Send Arahan a Private Message Find more posts by Arahan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MotionCityJimmy
Restricted

Account Restricted

I had no idea that he was supposed to be having mechanical webbing. I don't even like that idea. For me it's more plausible that his genetics were effed by some crazy spider than having webbing that probably weighed him down, and probably wasn't as effective. I've never read the comics, obviously, but as a movie goer I was totally fine with what was done. And I'll probably be okay with the mechanical approach too if done right.

Old Post Jan 31st, 2011 07:33 AM
MotionCityJimmy is currently offline Click here to Send MotionCityJimmy a Private Message Find more posts by MotionCityJimmy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

Originally posted by MotionCityJimmy
I had no idea that he was supposed to be having mechanical webbing. I don't even like that idea. For me it's more plausible that his genetics were effed by some crazy spider than having webbing that probably weighed him down, and probably wasn't as effective. I've never read the comics, obviously, but as a movie goer I was totally fine with what was done. And I'll probably be okay with the mechanical approach too if done right.

Read the comics, you'll understand why he has mechanical shooters.

Old Post Jan 31st, 2011 04:37 PM
LanceWindu is currently offline Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthmaul1

I worried just by the shots of him swinging through the air. Unless they will cgi him later but even him running through the streets look like this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMcCt2Ag4Sg

Old Post Feb 1st, 2011 08:23 AM
darthmaul1 is currently offline Click here to Send darthmaul1 a Private Message Find more posts by darthmaul1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MotionCityJimmy
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by LanceWindu

Could you just tell me?

Old Post Feb 1st, 2011 05:07 PM
MotionCityJimmy is currently offline Click here to Send MotionCityJimmy a Private Message Find more posts by MotionCityJimmy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

Could you just tell me?

He builds them because he's super smart at the age of fifteen in the comics. He never had organic webbing. Only until recently, a story arc called Other, did he have organic webbing and stingers that come out of his forearms. Though that all changed due to a retcon. So, long story short, he built them as a kid, a webbing liquid that dissolves in an hour or so.

Having to utilize web cartridges added a sense of danger to readers back then that he could by chance run out in mid-fight and so on. What many are trying to state though, is that mechanical web shooters are the norm for Spidey, seeing him without them is odd, I suppose. Doesn't really matter to me if the movie is entertaining.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2011 09:51 AM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MotionCityJimmy
Restricted

Account Restricted

Ah. Okay. Yeah, to me it doesn't really matter, just as long as it's entertaining and makes sense.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2011 04:17 PM
Mr Parker

Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
I think it just comes down to movie making limits. If they'd gone with the mechanical web shooters, they would have had to go out of their way to portray Peter as some kind of super genius (which he is in the comics), which isn't what they were really going for in the Raimi movies, imo. Peter was "smart", but it takes an entirely different kind of smart to create a substance from scratch that acts in a manner similar to webbing and is impressive enough to hold steel, and stuff. I think Raimi was worried about the audience's suspension of disbelief.

to that logic,no spiderman movie should have been made then because the WHOLE thing of spiderman is unbelieveable,there are things in these movies that are far more absurd than that and requires MORE of a suspension of disbelief so that holds no water. laughing laughing it was done because Raimi was too damn lazy to include them and take the extra time it would take to explain them,thats all.

Last edited by Mr Parker on Feb 4th, 2011 at 12:02 AM

Old Post Feb 4th, 2011 12:00 AM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

Originally posted by Arachnid1
Haha, you haven't changed at all in the past two years Parker. laughing

I will NEVER become a MAN-SPIDER fan.I for one unlike thousands of others, were not willing to be happy and excited to finally see a spiderman movie made and be happy with it just because the name spiderman is on the screen and a guy is dressed in a spiderman outfit swinging around.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2011 12:05 AM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

I like the idea of the reboot but not this soon after the original 3. Granted they weren't that good but waiting would make it a lot more fresh and exciting.

Suit doesn't look bad, and it's not THAT important.

totally agree,even though I LOVE it that they are making a reboot,its too damn soon to making one.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2011 12:06 AM
Mr Parker

Originally posted by SamZED
Mask is fine by me, but those boots...

yeah I dont care for the boots either or the red stripe along the pants,but THAT I can live with.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2011 12:08 AM
Mr Parker

Originally posted by LanceWindu

best advise ever why he needs the mechanical shooters. thumb up

Old Post Feb 4th, 2011 12:10 AM
Mr Parker

Originally posted by spidermanrocks
Raimi didn't want Peter to use organic webbing in his films. Originally, Raimi wanted Peter to use both organic and mechanical webbing. How is that possible, you might ask? I didn't understand either. But then, Raimi explained in further detail the idea he had. The spider would have given Peter organic webbing. However, Peter wouldn't have been able to control it so he would have made a mechanical webshooters that would help him control his webbing. Raimi was forced to abandon this idea by Sony. So if you want to blame anyone here for the organic webbing, blame Sony.

The Green Goblin's suit wasn't Raimi's idea either. Dafoe was supposed to wear a similar costume to the one in the comics. But wearing the costume Raimi had in mind wasn't too comfortable for Dafoe so Dafoe asked Sony to ask Raimi to make a new Green Goblin costume so Raimi was forced to use that Power Rangers suit instead. You should do research, Mr Parker.

And do you really hate the first two Spider-Man films just because of the organic webbing? Everything else from the comics is still there in the first two Raimi films (except a good Mary Jane and a Spider-Man that is a wisecracker) so they're not that bad.

ah no,it was a LOT more than just organics that ruined those movies for me.the organics were just a side note on WHY those movies were so horrible.there were tons of other things about the movie i hated far worse than the organics which ruined the movie for me.I knew the movies would suck,i knew if they allowed something so stupid as that,they would do many other stupid things with it as well such as Peter knowing mary jane since grade school for example.that was just plain stupid,another moronic and unnessary change. mad

people make the mistake that just because i hate organics because it rapes to death his character,that i want the movies to be exactly like the comicbooks which is totally untrue. roll eyes (sarcastic) I dont mind changes just as long as they are reasonable like I did not mind it that Peter met mary Jane in the movies first before Gwen,or that he met her in high school instead of college,THOSE are reasonable changes that arent that big of a deal.BUt knowing Mj since grade school and organics? How pathetic can you get? Plus,if your objective,and you actually take time to get past how great the special effects are,especailly the second one with the fight with doc ock,you'll see how horrible these movies REALLY are,that they really look like they were written by a five year old. sick seriously.I could send you a link to a thread from here from the past by pm where I gave my reasons on why the movies were so bad and why I bashed them if you like? at least then you'll know my REASONS for why i find these movies to look like they were written by some 5 year old.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2011 12:22 AM
spidermanrocks

Originally posted by Mr Parker
ah no,it was a LOT more than just organics that ruined those movies for me.the organics were just a side note on WHY those movies were so horrible.there were tons of other things about the movie i hated far worse than the organics which ruined the movie for me.I knew the movies would suck,i knew if they allowed something so stupid as that,they would do many other stupid things with it as well such as Peter knowing mary jane since grade school for example.that was just plain stupid,another moronic and unnessary change. mad

people make the mistake that just because i hate organics because it rapes to death his character,that i want the movies to be exactly like the comicbooks which is totally untrue. roll eyes (sarcastic) I dont mind changes just as long as they are reasonable like I did not mind it that Peter met mary Jane in the movies first before Gwen,or that he met her in high school instead of college,THOSE are reasonable changes that arent that big of a deal.BUt knowing Mj since grade school and organics? How pathetic can you get? Plus,if your objective,and you actually take time to get past how great the special effects are,especailly the second one with the fight with doc ock,you'll see how horrible these movies REALLY are,that they really look like they were written by a five year old. sick seriously.I could send you a link to a thread from here from the past by pm where I gave my reasons on why the movies were so bad and why I bashed them if you like? at least then you'll know my REASONS for why i find these movies to look like they were written by some 5 year old.

Him knowing MJ since grade school isn't a major change. The important part is that they stay true to the PERSONALITIES and MOTIVATIONS of the characters. THAT is the most important part of a character. As long as they got that part right, I am fine with small changes such as Peter knowing MJ since grade school.

It isn't Raimi's fault that the films had organics instead of mechanical webshooters. Blame Sony for that. I do admit that they should have used mechanical webshooters instead of organic webbing. The major thing wrong with Spidey's character in the Raimi franchise is that he wasn't a wisecracker. Other than that, Raimi's take on the character wasn't that bad. I would have liked to see Spidey use his brain in battles more (just like in the comics). But overall, Raimi's films were pretty decent Spider-Man films. They didn't capture all important aspects of the characters like how Nolan's Batman captured all important aspects of Batman. But they were still good Spider-Man movies (except 3). Spider-Man 1 was ok. Spider-Man 2 was great. Spider-Man 3 was garbage.

Stop treating Raimi's films as if they raped Spidey to death. You seem to think that they are equally as bad as the Burton/Schumalker Batman movies and they're FAR superior.

And how do you hate organics but don't mind the reboot's costume? The costume looks terrible and stupid IMO.

Last edited by spidermanrocks on Feb 4th, 2011 at 02:58 AM

Old Post Feb 4th, 2011 02:55 AM
spidermanrocks is currently offline Click here to Send spidermanrocks a Private Message Find more posts by spidermanrocks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Typical of Mr Parker couple of posts one after another instead of one.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2011 06:59 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arahan
Silver Guy

Whats wrong about organic webbing? It could happen that he got the webbing as a power. I mean Spiderman has super strentgh, durability, speed, healing by the spider bite why not the webbing? I really dont understand why you are bitching so much about it.

You should be more upset about Spiderman 3, well that was a movie to complian.

In the reboot Iam not very happy with the Costume. This is more important than the web shooters imo. And what the hell is happening here laughing laughing laughing

(please log in to view the image)

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Feb 4th, 2011 08:14 PM
Arahan is currently offline Click here to Send Arahan a Private Message Find more posts by Arahan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MotionCityJimmy
Restricted

Account Restricted

That looks dirty.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2011 08:17 PM
spidermanrocks

The costume looks a bit better now.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2011 09:32 PM