KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Ridley Scott's Prometheus

Ridley Scott's Prometheus
Started by: Kazenji

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (59): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Ridley Scott's Prometheus

Old Post Jan 15th, 2011 06:42 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirrel Fart

BOOOOOO!!!!! mad

Old Post Jan 15th, 2011 05:32 PM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

So I'm confused. Does this mean that the Alien prequel is not happening, or simply that the prequel is so different and focuses on different creatures so they gave it a completely different name?

Greg Oden: The future of the Blazers. The future of the NBA.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2011 07:18 PM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Koenig

I hope it flops...

Old Post Jan 15th, 2011 07:25 PM
Koenig is currently offline Click here to Send Koenig a Private Message Find more posts by Koenig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

I hope they decide to go back to doing the Alien Prequel after this is done.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2011 03:18 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirrel Fart

**** that, they should have done it before.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2011 03:27 AM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

Again, I don't think it is clear that Prometheus isn't the prequel itself. On the main page of ComingSoon.net for this story, it says "Ridley Scott's Prometheus Coming March 9, 2012! Noomi Rapace will star in the Alien follow-up."

So is it that the prequel has been scrapped? Or is it that the prequel was so different from the original serious that they are calling it Prometheus instead of "Alien: [insert subtitle]."

Greg Oden: The future of the Blazers. The future of the NBA.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2011 09:13 PM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Anythings possible, Myth.

"Van Zan is the Pinocchio of feces." - Lestov16

Old Post Jan 17th, 2011 01:53 PM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirrel Fart

It has traces of Alien but its not a prequel or part of the series. So far anwyays.

Alien prequel has stopped cold in its tracks and no one knows why yet.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2011 04:21 PM
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

quote: (post)
Originally posted by The Nuul
It has traces of Alien but its not a prequel or part of the series. So far anwyays.

Alien prequel has stopped cold in its tracks and no one knows why yet.

But we do know why. Because during the creative process they came up with an idea that they think is promising but that doesn't fit into Alien continuity / mythos, so they decided to develop a new IP instead. It is the same thing that happened when Capcom was originally making Resident Evil 4, and the end product turned out to be Devil May Cry.

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post Jan 18th, 2011 07:23 PM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

Originally posted by Myth
Again, I don't think it is clear that Prometheus isn't the prequel itself. On the main page of ComingSoon.net for this story, it says "Ridley Scott's Prometheus Coming March 9, 2012! Noomi Rapace will star in the Alien follow-up."

So is it that the prequel has been scrapped? Or is it that the prequel was so different from the original serious that they are calling it Prometheus instead of "Alien: [insert subtitle]."

Scott/Lindelof started off working on the Alien prequel, but the project turned into this (aka Prometheus), which is NOT a part of the Alien franchise. Noomi Rapace is starring in Prometheus, which originally started as the Alien prequel.

So yeah, Prometheus isn't the prequel, it's a standalone, original flick. Ridley said something like "strands of the Alien DNA will be seen in this film." Meaning that in Prometheus we'll be able to see similarities to the Alien franchise (because this movie started as an Alien prequel), despite it being a separate thing.

Hope that clears things up...

"Nothing is ever as good as you can imagine it."

Old Post Jan 18th, 2011 10:50 PM
SnakeEyes is currently offline Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

Good, I'd rather have Scott do a new original sci-fi film than ANOTHER Alien film, especially with a great lead like Rapace. Look forwards to it.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2011 05:19 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirrel Fart

I am on the fence after some thought. Yes its great for Rid to come back to sci-fi after all these years. But I love Alien, however I dont want them to explain where they come from etc... Its best that the Aliens are left as an mystery for their origin.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2011 06:04 PM
Esau Cairn
Contagious

Originally posted by MildPossession
Good, I'd rather have Scott do a new original sci-fi film than ANOTHER Alien film, especially with a great lead like Rapace. Look forwards to it.

I'm curious to see how well Noomi Rapace does. Her name seems to be appearing more in upcoming Hollywood movies.

She definitely has on screen presence but can she hold up to Angelina & Milla when it comes to lead female heroines...?

Old Post Jan 20th, 2011 02:51 AM
Esau Cairn is currently offline Click here to Send Esau Cairn a Private Message Find more posts by Esau Cairn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthmaul1

It was on ep daily today that the alien prequel is no more. And is now called promethius as stated above. And takes place in a new universe! So nothing related to alien
Oh well if they were smart they would do a reboot starting after aliens and turf alien 3 and 4

Old Post Jan 20th, 2011 04:14 AM
darthmaul1 is currently offline Click here to Send darthmaul1 a Private Message Find more posts by darthmaul1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirrel Fart

Originally posted by darthmaul1
It was on ep daily today that the alien prequel is no more. And is now called promethius as stated above. And takes place in a new universe! So nothing related to alien

WOW! we didnt know that.

Old Post Jan 20th, 2011 04:43 PM
darthmaul1

Originally posted by The Nuul
WOW! we didnt know that.

Ah sarcasam! some people above were saying there was some relation to alien but according to EP daily, there is nothing and everything is new.

Old Post Jan 20th, 2011 05:12 PM
darthmaul1 is currently offline Click here to Send darthmaul1 a Private Message Find more posts by darthmaul1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

It's been pointed out already and known for a while that it's nothing to do with the Alien series....

quote:
She definitely has on screen presence but can she hold up to Angelina & Milla when it comes to lead female heroines...?

She will not have a problem.

Last edited by MildPossession on Jan 20th, 2011 at 05:47 PM

Old Post Jan 20th, 2011 05:45 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

I haven't seen her in anything where she speaks English, but she must have at least some proficiency since she is in Sherlock Holmes 2?

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post Jan 20th, 2011 06:58 PM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

She'll do fine as a heroine.

She was anally raped in 'The Girl with The Dragon Tattoo', only to come back and anally rape her rapist, scare the shit out of him and then further shame him with a "I'm a pig rapist" tattoo. She can play the role of a bad-ass (should they need it), no problem.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jan 20th, 2011 07:24 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote