KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Ridley Scott's Prometheus

Ridley Scott's Prometheus
Started by: Kazenji

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (59): « First ... « 12 13 [14] 15 16 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
Probably the fact that a single Alien was able to kill two predators in a row with relative ease. Definitely wasn't a good showing for the Predators.

But then agan, Danny Glover > Veteran Predators, so whatever.

Danny Glover was lucky, and the Predator was cocky. It happens.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jan 25th, 2012 05:49 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Esau Cairn
Contagious

Originally posted by steverules_2
I was thinking about this today and it got me thinking...this couldn't really be how we found them or how they were created because this movie is set in the future. The AvP movies were set in present day...so if they do a different look or something because 'thats how they started out' or whatever it's not gonna make any sense. Am I meant to believe that the AvP movies are non canon or what?

But isn't Prometheus all about the origins of the Space Jockey & how they possibly created the Aliens...?

So appart from all the rumours abound (and please correct me otherwise), there's no real mention that Aliens will actually appear in Prometheus...maybe in flash-backs but not in the sense as a vital part/character to the movie's story line.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2012 07:23 AM
Esau Cairn is currently offline Click here to Send Esau Cairn a Private Message Find more posts by Esau Cairn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Esau Cairn
Contagious

But then agan, Danny Glover > Veteran Predators, so whatever.

Wasn't it already established that the Predator was a novice on his 1st hunt? He was clearly a lot younger than the other Predators that turned up at the end of the film.

Compared to the seasoned hunter/Predator that went up against Arnie.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2012 07:27 AM
Esau Cairn is currently offline Click here to Send Esau Cairn a Private Message Find more posts by Esau Cairn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Placidity
Chief Executive Officer

Probably the fact that a single Alien was able to kill two predators in a row with relative ease. Definitely wasn't a good showing for the Predators.

I actually liked the first AVP a lot. About "Grid" killing two Predators, I was a little miffed too, I remember telling my friends in the cinema, "wtf is this shit?" lol. But looking back now I don't think it takes anything away from the Predators.

First one (Chopper) who got killed was attacked from behind and killed via sneak attack so that's not even a "fight". Celtic died cause he was trying to be boss and not finishing off the Xeno quickly. It was also likely because he was inexperienced and didn't think of the acid blood being able to eat away the net. He did quite well with only bladed weapons I thought.

And Scar - he was just badass, slicing off a Xeno's head without looking, and then later this:

(please log in to view the image)

As for Predators killing multiple Xeno's, either in AvP or AvPR, I don't have a problem with that, Predators own! stick out tongue

Old Post Jan 25th, 2012 07:29 AM
Placidity is currently offline Click here to Send Placidity a Private Message Find more posts by Placidity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CadoAngelus
Zanpakuto

Originally posted by Placidity
I actually liked the first AVP a lot. About "Grid" killing two Predators, I was a little miffed too, I remember telling my friends in the cinema, "wtf is this shit?" lol. But looking back now I don't think it takes anything away from the Predators.

Grid was made out to be a bit of a ring-leader. He lead the other Xeno's to help the Queen escape, and he also held back when Scar was the only Predator left with Alexa.

quote:
First one (Chopper) who got killed was attacked from behind and killed via sneak attack so that's not even a "fight". Celtic died cause he was trying to be boss and not finishing off the Xeno quickly. It was also likely because he was inexperienced and didn't think of the acid blood being able to eat away the net. He did quite well with only bladed weapons I thought.

Chopper was killed off too quickly IMO. I know he was focused on one of the Humans and all but I thought Predators had advanced-hearing tech that they use to analyze their surroundings.

I just found that the bias towards the Aliens meant that the film made the Predators look somewhat weakened - regardless of them being on their Rites of Passage. Especially since two of the three Predators were killed by Grid in about 5mins...ridiculous. Though Celtic did put up one hell of a fight.

quote:
And Scar - he was just badass, slicing off a Xeno's head without looking, and then later this:

As for Predators killing multiple Xeno's, either in AvP or AvPR, I don't have a problem with that, Predators own! stick out tongue

Actually yes. This particular scene was pretty epic.

I did find that they tried to mimic the scale of this battle in AvP:R and failed dismally, with the Predalien fighting the Predator at the end. Though she was technically a Queen of sorts, it just doesn't compare to the force and size of the Queens represented in AvP and Aliens.

CadoAngelus - Savior, Conqueror, Hero, Villain.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2012 09:57 AM
CadoAngelus is currently offline Click here to Send CadoAngelus a Private Message Find more posts by CadoAngelus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Old Post Jan 27th, 2012 07:29 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Placidity
Chief Executive Officer

Originally posted by CadoAngelus
Though Celtic did put up one hell of a fight.

Celtic won that as far as I'm concerned stick out tongue

He had Grid beat when he evaded its stinger and then later sliced it off. He basically man-handled him after that. His loss was due to his ignorance of the Xeno blood (or just stupidity). Grid got lucky on both accounts, he was about to get knifed in the head by Celtic. If they were to fight again, Celtic would win every time.

I think it balanced out overall, so the Predators suffered a heavy defeat at the start, but the rest of the movie Scar owns them like a bauss. Lets also not forget that the environment heavily favored the Aliens.

To be fair, Alien fans (in regards to AvP, and they do exist, quite a few actually) probably weren't too happy with Scar's dominance later on.

Also one scene I forgot to mention was the flashback to Egypt where there were three Predators taking on hordes of Xenos. Even though they ultimately lost, it was still an epic scene for the Predators.

For those still upset, I hope these will cheer you up:

Old Post Jan 27th, 2012 09:10 AM
Placidity is currently offline Click here to Send Placidity a Private Message Find more posts by Placidity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CadoAngelus
Zanpakuto

Celtic won that as far as I'm concerned stick out tongue

He had Grid beat when he evaded its stinger and then later sliced it off. He basically man-handled him after that. His loss was due to his ignorance of the Xeno blood (or just stupidity). Grid got lucky on both accounts, he was about to get knifed in the head by Celtic. If they were to fight again, Celtic would win every time.

I think it balanced out overall, so the Predators suffered a heavy defeat at the start, but the rest of the movie Scar owns them like a bauss. Lets also not forget that the environment heavily favored the Aliens.

To be fair, Alien fans (in regards to AvP, and they do exist, quite a few actually) probably weren't too happy with Scar's dominance later on.

It's obvious that the Predators would have to have some heavy dominance over the Aliens for the majority of the movie, because otherwise the humans would have been completely screwed from the start.

I thought Scar was an extremely good rendition of a Predator, I kinda felt like there was some homage to the Predator from "Predator" with the whole epicness.

quote:
Also one scene I forgot to mention was the flashback to Egypt where there were three Predators taking on hordes of Xenos. Even though they ultimately lost, it was still an epic scene for the Predators.

That flash back scene did kind of sum up the "eternal" battle between the two races. I did like how even though they'd all been killed, they still beat every last Alien.

quote:

Deleted scene? stick out tongue

Old Post Jan 27th, 2012 09:39 AM
CadoAngelus is currently offline Click here to Send CadoAngelus a Private Message Find more posts by CadoAngelus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

The AVP films were as insulting as they were incompetent.

Sorry. But its true.

"Van Zan is the Pinocchio of feces." - Lestov16

Old Post Jan 27th, 2012 12:53 PM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Old Post Jan 27th, 2012 01:16 PM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Hahahaha.. laughing

Old Post Jan 27th, 2012 01:19 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Originally posted by Kazenji
Some stuff on the Space Jockey's

http://io9.com/5879560/everything-w...s-space-jockeys

Good link, Kaz.

Thats a pretty definitive line up of the facts.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2012 02:33 PM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

I hope the Space Jockey doesn't look quite so humanoid as that indicates.

Greg Oden: The future of the Blazers. The future of the NBA.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2012 11:22 PM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Originally posted by Sadako of Girth

Cheer up, buddy. stick out tongue

Old Post Jan 27th, 2012 11:35 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

The thing about them being in the Alien comic how it paints them as an evil race.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2012 01:06 AM
CadoAngelus
Zanpakuto

You mean the comic that played on them being an evil race of aliens, only intent on enslaving the human race. But they needed humans in order to defeat the xenomorphs.

I hope to God that is not the synopsis for this screenplay...that would be disappointing.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2012 02:26 PM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Wasn't that a dark horse storyline only?

And didn't it feature again burnout Hicks, and Adult Newt?

Old Post Jan 30th, 2012 08:22 PM
queeq
Chaos

Sounds like Alien vs. Predator

Old Post Jan 30th, 2012 09:21 PM
queeq is currently offline Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Yes I think it actually was.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2012 09:31 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
Wasn't that a dark horse storyline only?

And didn't it feature again burnout Hicks, and Adult Newt?

Those two were in a AVP comic?

Old Post Jan 31st, 2012 06:51 AM