KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battlezone » candid kandy odds

candid kandy odds
Started by: Blair Wind

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Digi
@Blair mostly:

In the "by invite only" veteran tourney that I've long planned but will never actually run (alas), it would be a series of battlezones each with their own unique rules and power levels, but with a traditional elimination format. And one of the matches I concocted was Scoobless vs. {somebody} with Scoob having to pick from the list of tourney-winning characters that he's never used, and his opponent getting to choose from anyone Scoob ever won with. Sounded similar enough to your drafting aspirations that I thought I'd mention it.

Others included Pr vs. Mungi, with a team of X-Men vs. a team of Alpha Flight members. Jinzin/Digi, Wolverine/Spider-Man, and I forget some of the others. A fun idea, and the only tourney I'd still actually agree to run, but it's hard finding enough vets who are still around.

what about me?? what about me??! who'd you put me withy or against?? i've used about a million characters in these things. big grin

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2011 06:52 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by leonidas
what about me?? what about me??! who'd you put me withy or against?? i've used about a million characters in these things. big grin

You're in it, obviously. I honestly forgot my gimmick match for you, or maybe didn't make one. It's never been fully fleshed out, just scattered good ideas.

Scoob also won more than you. The character pool is considerably larger.

wink

Old Post Jan 24th, 2011 01:50 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

I honestly forgot my gimmick match for you, or maybe didn't make one.
hear that leo, you're minuscule to him

Old Post Jan 24th, 2011 01:53 AM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blair Wind
The Iron Avenger

Originally posted by psycho gundam

Did he say you were invited to the party?

stick out tongue

Now stop hijacking this extremely fast moving, gambling, odds predicting thread

>010010100100000101010010010101100100100101010011<

Old Post Jan 24th, 2011 02:07 AM
Blair Wind is currently offline Click here to Send Blair Wind a Private Message Find more posts by Blair Wind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ambient
MAJIN_OVERLORD

Originally posted by Blair Wind
Naw, I was going in a completely different direction before you made me change my plans. I ended up re-using an old idea, but I'm sure one day I'll get to use my original idea.

Huh! Sounds interesting, like to see that use in here tourney..
quote:
just going to throw this out there, and I assume a mod will have to edit this, but if any participant wants access to the same resources I am using for my characters, or for their characters (for instance, I have the entire new mutants run with warlock), I am not above sharing this.

That would be great after the tourney, I'd like to make a respect thread for warlock, someday.. Lol's

Digi idea pretty great, all it needs a real prize to really get it moving as I'm sure most vets aren't spending time in here forum no more.. I have not seen newjack, scoobs or darth in while, flash em some cash, they'll find the way back here. Lol's you can make it a yearly event too, kinda like KOF cept it's like kOD (King of debater's).. Lol's

My Artwork

Old Post Jan 24th, 2011 05:44 PM
Ambient is currently offline Click here to Send Ambient a Private Message Find more posts by Ambient Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tsilamini

Originally posted by Ambient
That would be great after the tourney, I'd like to make a respect thread for warlock, someday.. Lol's

lemme know

Originally posted by Ambient
Digi idea pretty great, all it needs a real prize to really get it moving as I'm sure most vets aren't spending time in here forum no more.. I have not seen newjack, scoobs or darth in while, flash em some cash, they'll find the way back here. Lol's you can make it a yearly event too, kinda like KOF cept it's like kOD (King of debater's).. Lol's

lol

set it up like soccer, so those in the lower leagues can compete to get a seat in the "champions" league

Old Post Jan 24th, 2011 07:42 PM
tsilamini is currently offline Click here to Send tsilamini a Private Message Find more posts by tsilamini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

the guy wins one tournament and suddenly he barely has time for the rest of us. typical. no expression

and scoob's only won more than i have cuz he entered every tourney in kmc history. and cuz he's older than me.

Last edited by leonidas on Jan 24th, 2011 at 09:36 PM

Old Post Jan 24th, 2011 09:33 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Funny he should mention prizes. It was an idea unrelated to the tourney I outlined, but at one point I looked into something like a shared Paypal account to have an actual cash prize, and even considered ponying up the money myself just for yucks (or, more likely, a prize item(s) like a few movies or something).

It's been mentioned more than once and never followed through on, since the logistics are somewhat intimidating and beyond the call of duty for a host. But I always enjoyed the idea of it.

Originally posted by leonidas
the guy wins one tournament and suddenly he barely has time for the rest of us. typical. no expression

and scoob's only won more than i have cuz he entered every tourney in kmc history. and cuz he's older than me.

At one time it was much more intimidating, he had won close to half the tourneys on KMC. He cooled off eventually while others caught up, but that's when the idea was hatched.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2011 01:10 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

Funny he should mention prizes. It was an idea unrelated to the tourney I outlined, but at one point I looked into something like a shared Paypal account to have an actual cash prize, and even considered ponying up the money myself just for yucks (or, more likely, a prize item(s) like a few movies or something).

It's been mentioned more than once and never followed through on, since the logistics are somewhat intimidating and beyond the call of duty for a host. But I always enjoyed the idea of it.

At one time it was much more intimidating, he had won close to half the tourneys on KMC. He cooled off eventually while others caught up, but that's when the idea was hatched.

i'd suggested a paypal prize a long time ago, but it really is a difficult thing to try and set up. it WOULD be cool though.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2011 01:44 AM
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

Did he say you were invited to the party?

stick out tongue

Now stop hijacking this extremely fast moving, gambling, odds predicting thread
i had something special just for you this go around, you barely dodged it kid

but then again....i've already stomped you out with loley ole pip and co. hardly worth doom's time

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jan 25th, 2011 03:18 AM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blair Wind
The Iron Avenger

i had something special just for you this go around, you barely dodged it kid

but then again....i've already stomped you out with loley ole pip and co. hardly worth doom's time

(please log in to view the image)

Come at me when you win a tournament. Till then, I'll polish my virtual tournament rings.

On a serious note, cash prizes would be amazing. And don't worry Leo, I'm sure Digi didnt have a gimmick for me either. He has a man crush on Scoobs stick out tongue

Old Post Jan 25th, 2011 03:26 AM
Blair Wind is currently offline Click here to Send Blair Wind a Private Message Find more posts by Blair Wind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

no expression

Come up with your own damn gimmick matches then. I didn't say it was a complete idea.

Come at me when you win a tournament. Till then, I'll polish my virtual tournament rings.

Indeed. Blair needs his personal time to polish....things.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2011 05:22 AM
Blair Wind
The Iron Avenger

no expression

Come up with your own damn gimmick matches then. I didn't say it was a complete idea.

Indeed. Blair needs his personal time to polish....things.

thumb up

Old Post May 14th, 2013 12:16 AM