KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode IV, V & VI » Sebastian Shaw as DARTH VADER in ROTJ

Sebastian Shaw as DARTH VADER in ROTJ
Started by: coolmovies

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
coolmovies

Sebastian Shaw as DARTH VADER in ROTJ

The scene where luke looks at his father for the very first time . Is there any difference between the vader in the OOT and the SE ??

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2011 10:57 AM
Click here to Send coolmovies a Private Message Find more posts by coolmovies Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
coolmovies

OOT

Attachment: vader1997.jpg
This has been downloaded 132 time(s).

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2011 10:58 AM
Click here to Send coolmovies a Private Message Find more posts by coolmovies Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
coolmovies

SE

Attachment: vader2004.jpg
This has been downloaded 127 time(s).

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2011 10:59 AM
queeq
Chaos

A simple no would suffice.

But maybe for the Blu Ray Lucas will replace him with an old looking Hayden.... wink

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2011 12:26 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthmaul1

quote: (post)
Originally posted by queeq
A simple no would suffice.

But maybe for the Blu Ray Lucas will replace him with an old looking Hayden.... wink

I hope not

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2011 08:05 PM
Click here to Send darthmaul1 a Private Message Find more posts by darthmaul1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mossman

As you can see above, they digitally removed his eyebrows for the 2004 DVD. They also altered his eye colour to match Hayden's (although I've never actually noticed this myself).
In the 1997 Special Edition, and all other versions prior to this, Shaw's own eyebrows and eyes were intact...

You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy...

Last edited by mossman on Jan 24th, 2011 at 12:17 AM

Old Post Jan 24th, 2011 12:13 AM
Click here to Send mossman a Private Message Find more posts by mossman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mossman

Here's a better comparison I made...

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jan 24th, 2011 12:35 AM
Click here to Send mossman a Private Message Find more posts by mossman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

2004 looks better but still there's no need to replace Mr. Shaw, it would be pretty difficult to do I think, doing a force ghost is one thing but doing that...I dunno...

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Jan 24th, 2011 01:10 AM
Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mossman

That comparison does highlight one of the other problems with the 2004 versions - the picture is obviously a lot sharper, but a lot of the mid-tones are lost.
If you look at Luke's hair, most of the detail is gone because the contrast has been pushed too far...

Old Post Jan 24th, 2011 03:06 AM
steverules_2

I wonder how the blu ray will look

Didn't someone die during the making of gladiator so they had to put his head on some other guy or something like that...maybe they could put hayden in ROTJ but I doubt they will

I'm Bada's pimp

Old Post Jan 24th, 2011 01:03 PM
Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthmaul1

Originally posted by steverules_2

Didn't someone die during the making of gladiator so they had to put his head on some other guy or something like that...maybe they could put hayden in ROTJ but I doubt they will

Please don't. if they do that they may as well age ewan and put his head on alec.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2011 07:44 PM
Click here to Send darthmaul1 a Private Message Find more posts by darthmaul1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediRobin23
Somewhat Liberal

They already put Dooku's head on another body while hes fighting in EPII.
That old guy already looks like hayden

Old Post Jan 25th, 2011 03:07 AM
Click here to Send JediRobin23 a Private Message Find more posts by JediRobin23 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Shaw dosn't seem to have the scar over his right eye like Hayden had in ROTS. They may just add that next time.

Originally posted by steverules_2

That was Oliver Reed. But they used a an alterante take of a previous scene of him and altered the background where the Romans come in to kill him. Not quite the same. Basically a rotoscope job.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2011 08:07 AM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

Originally posted by darthmaul1
Please don't. if they do that they may as well age ewan and put his head on alec.

They won't but for some reason they are pushing Hayden on the Star wars fans

Shaw dosn't seem to have the scar over his right eye like Hayden had in ROTS. They may just add that next time.

That was Oliver Reed. But they used a an alterante take of a previous scene of him and altered the background where the Romans come in to kill him. Not quite the same. Basically a rotoscope job.

I think that fact he got burnt would have gotten rid of the scar, would've burned off. You woulda thought he'd look pretty badly burnt under his helmet considering how he looked in ROTS but he didn't look too bad so...

I wasn't 100% sure how it was done, I just knew he died so they had to find a way to do his last scene

I'm Bada's pimp

Old Post Jan 27th, 2011 01:22 PM
queeq
Chaos

That is exactly how it was done.

There was an alternate take of Oliver Reed sending Maximus off in the dungeons, saying Shadows and Dust. There was a take where he repeated that line a bit more in a comtemplative manner. It wasn't scripted as a line to be repeated, it was improv... But it worked great as his dying words.
So they took the shot, used a double for filming him on the back. And they rotoscoped the frontal shot from the dungeon, matched the light on the set and there it was. Quite lovely actually and not really CGI-ed.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2011 02:09 PM
steverules_2

Yeah, so that explains the missing scar, doubt Lucas cares much about adding that is as he does about all the effects

It was a really good movie big grin Still love it to this day

I'm Bada's pimp

Old Post Jan 27th, 2011 02:25 PM
queeq
Chaos

I still love your avatar to this day.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2011 06:54 PM
steverules_2

I still love your avatar to this day.

You and all of KMC stick out tongue

I'm Bada's pimp

Old Post Jan 30th, 2011 05:48 PM
queeq
Chaos

Happy Dance

Old Post Jan 30th, 2011 07:20 PM
steverules_2

I think thats what she was doing at the time

I'm Bada's pimp

Old Post Jan 30th, 2011 08:35 PM