KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Dark Souls(Demon Souls 2)

Dark Souls(Demon Souls 2)
Started by: Phanteros

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Astner
The Ghost Who Walks

quote: (post)
Originally posted by CosmicComet
Dark Souls is not Demon's Souls 2, btw.

They are a completely seperate universe.

The thread was made in early 2011, information was scarce, hence the assumptions I'd presume.

Either way. What builds are you using, and do you plan on making any alternate builds?

I'm considering a Chaos-Dex, so the starting class will be Pyromancer. But I'm unsure of what weapons I should use, any suggestions? Keep in mind this build is intended for multiple enemy combat.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2012 06:41 PM
Astner is currently offline Click here to Send Astner a Private Message Find more posts by Astner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Astner
The Ghost Who Walks

So I've been thinking a bit around the build, and it's turning more and more into a pure Chaos build. What do you guys think?

Pyromancer, Soul Level 120

Vitality: 80
Attunement: 23
Endurance: 40
Strength: 16
Dexterity: 14
Resistance: 12
Intelligence: 10
Faith: 8

Right hand: Chaos Gargoyle's Halberd + 5, Ascended Pyromancy Flame + 5
Left hand: Silver Knight's Shield + 5, Lightning Avelyn + 5

Rings: Ring of Favor and Protection, Dark Wood Grain Ring

Gear: Mask of the Mother, Silver Knight set

23 attunement for Acidic Surge, Toxic Surge, as well as Chaos Storm, and Great Chaos Fireball.

The surges are meant to divide people, the Chaos Storm in case I get surrounded, and the Great Chaos Fireball to harass, and so is Avelyn.

And the Gargoyle's Halberd is an excellent far-reaching weapon.

Last edited by Astner on Jul 15th, 2012 at 07:59 PM

Old Post Jul 15th, 2012 07:51 PM
Astner is currently offline Click here to Send Astner a Private Message Find more posts by Astner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FinalAnswer
Flower

Dark Souls is not Demon's Souls 2, btw.

They are a completely seperate universe.

There is a plausible theory that suggests otherwise.

Howdy!

Old Post Jul 15th, 2012 09:49 PM
FinalAnswer is currently offline Click here to Send FinalAnswer a Private Message Find more posts by FinalAnswer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Astner
The Ghost Who Walks

Originally posted by FinalAnswer

There are plenty of theories out there, but due to copyright issues the two games's canon won't be connected, and it should be left at that.

I always saw Demon's Souls as sort of a beta version of what the series would come to be. It doesn't include poise for one, making most of the armors useless.

But I really do enjoy the game, and the community. There are a number of people that showcase PvP builds on youtube as well. If you play the game, I'd suggest checking it out.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2012 10:06 PM
CosmicComet

Originally posted by FinalAnswer

They are not. Sorry.

Sony owns the IP.

Therefore any theories are flat.

We'll see an actual Demon's Souls 2 eventually though.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2012 10:08 PM
CosmicComet is currently offline Click here to Send CosmicComet a Private Message Find more posts by CosmicComet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Astner
The Ghost Who Walks

I'm not as interested in a sequel to Demon's Souls as I am to Dark Souls. I just enjoyed the setting as well as the mechanics more. Though I would most likely buy it.

If there is a sequel to Dark Souls then I'd like it to take place in Thorlund, Carim, or Vinheim, with a new set of covenants since the passing of the age of the gods. Preferably with Lloyd and Velka active in the story-line.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2012 11:48 PM
FinalAnswer
Flower

They are not. Sorry.

Sony owns the IP.

Therefore any theories are flat.

We'll see an actual Demon's Souls 2 eventually though.

The theory I saw was a very good one stick out tongue

And the passing of the Age of Fire/the Gods only happens under specific circumstances, namely, you don't link the fire

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: And you kill Gwyndolin for being a scheming bastard

That said, the PvP in this game is more or less a love/hate relationship, since at least 75% of the people I fight are people clad in +5 Giant Armor Set, wielding a great sword/axe of some sort, and spam Wrath of the Gods/Tranquil Walk of Peace.

Howdy!

Old Post Jul 16th, 2012 01:48 AM
FinalAnswer is currently offline Click here to Send FinalAnswer a Private Message Find more posts by FinalAnswer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Astner
The Ghost Who Walks

To be fair, no one is going to use a build or tactics that aren't efficient. Play as you want and let others play as they want.

But if you really want to avoid those builds then battle in the Undead Perish.

Old Post Jul 16th, 2012 02:49 AM
FinalAnswer
Flower

My level's too high to battle anywhere but the forest or the kiln sad

Howdy!

Old Post Jul 16th, 2012 03:07 AM
Astner
The Ghost Who Walks

Then make a new character.

Old Post Jul 17th, 2012 03:57 AM
Astner
The Ghost Who Walks

I remade my main build.

Vitality: 27
Attunement: 14
Dexterity: 40
Endurance: 40
Faith: 50

The reaming stats are kept at default for a Cleric.

I really wanted Vitality at 30, since 29 - 30 gives the largest increase in health. But I'm restricting myself to level 120, and I really want three attunement slots. Dexterity is for Ricard's Rapier +15, and Faith for Darkmoon Blade.

Right hand: Ricard's Rapier +15, Pyromancer's Flame
Left hand: Magic Grass Crest Shield +10, Darkmoon Talisman

Sage's robe set maxed-out, Mask of the Child, Dark Woodgrain Ring, and Ring of the Sun's Firstborn.

Darkmoon Blade, Power Within, and Wrath of the Gods.

Old Post Aug 19th, 2012 08:03 PM
Jmanghan

**** that goddamn Taurus Demon.

I didn't expect to do a TON of damage. But the Asylum demon was easy enough for me, so I figured the Taurus Demon would be just as easy.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Dec 31st, 2015 05:13 AM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

The Zewi's a god send on those early encounters. Stagger locked the bastard off the bridge. smile

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Dec 31st, 2015 05:38 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Figured out a hidden easy mode to beat him.

Just keep climbing up the ladder and doing a plunge attack.

Make sure your weapon has decent durability though.

On a sidenote, does anyone know where to find Repair Powder?

Killed the first merchant by accident, because he looked... JUST like the enemies, took his uchigatana. I like the way it looks, and its higher attack is nice and all, but I still prefer the Broadsword cause of how you can use it.

Old Post Dec 31st, 2015 05:39 AM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

I believe the blacksmith has some..

Btw, are you famiar with the Drake trick? Drake sword's a pretty choice weapon for early game, until you get something better (I missed out on it, but it's better then the base Claymore..)

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Dec 31st, 2015 05:45 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Originally posted by cdtm
The Zewi's a god send on those early encounters. Stagger locked the bastard off the bridge. smile
What's a "Zewi"?

Old Post Dec 31st, 2015 05:47 AM
cdtm

Zweihander. Ultra greatsword you can pick up almost immediately in the graveyard, past a giant skeleton. Really low requirements to weild.

Makes short work of those annoying black knights, and staggers even bosses early on.

Old Post Dec 31st, 2015 05:51 AM
Jmanghan

I believe the blacksmith has some..

Btw, are you famiar with the Drake trick? Drake sword's a pretty choice weapon for early game, until you get something better (I missed out on it, but it's better then the base Claymore..)
As soon as I beat the Asylum Demon and arrived in Lordhaven, or however its spelled, I went STRAIGHT towards Undead Burg, and I've been leveling up in the Burg ever since, I just beat the Taurus Demon, and I'm at the Dragon, who kills me in EXACTLY a single hit.

Old Post Dec 31st, 2015 06:02 AM
Jmanghan

Zweihander. Ultra greatsword you can pick up almost immediately in the graveyard, past a giant skeleton. Really low requirements to weild.

Makes short work of those annoying black knights, and staggers even bosses early on.
You can stagger bosses? Holy ****.

Old Post Dec 31st, 2015 06:03 AM
cdtm

Yeah, it's kind of funny seeing a boss as big as the Tauris demon get knocked down. Just doesn't look right.

But later bosses become resistant to it.

Old Post Dec 31st, 2015 06:22 AM