KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Dark Souls(Demon Souls 2)

Dark Souls(Demon Souls 2)
Started by: Phanteros

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

You should probably just start again.

If you're really stuck at the bottom of Blighttown [SPOILER - highlight to read]: just keep running right when you exist the bonfire room and heal through the poison. Also look out for the pyromancy trainer.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2016 01:10 PM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Jmanghan
Well, I haven't found a better weapon yet, except for the Black Knight Sword.

Which is only like, 20 points better then the Drake Sword, and I don't have the stat requirements to wield it.

Drakes swords non upgradable anyways.

Yeah, you might need to grind a bit.. I'd recommend the Claymore over the bks, which is just past the Drake on the bridge. Best sword in the game, imo, in terms of damage/stat requirements/upgradability ratio.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2016 04:27 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Originally posted by cdtm

Yeah, you might need to grind a bit.. I'd recommend the Claymore over the bks, which is just past the Drake on the bridge. Best sword in the game, imo, in terms of damage/stat requirements/upgradability ratio.
Wut.

I have the Claymore, dude. The thing isn't half as powerful as BKS.

I'm not that far off from the BKS anyway.

Besides, I'm getting free from DS till I get my patience back, I'll stick with Dragon's Dogma for now.

Nikkos Tyris Respect Thread

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2016 04:41 PM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Highest damage output is apparently the Greatsword of Artorias.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2016 04:41 PM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Ain't got nothin'

Highest damage output is apparently the Greatsword of Artorias.
It's a complete trick. The highest iirc is the lightning Zwei.

The Greatsword splits its damage over too many defenses and it's just not as viable as it seems on paper.

You're best to just find a weapon you like and stick with it. Any weapon is capable of doing it. Hell I beat the game at sl1 with the starting mace one handed because I murdered the guy who sold the better one and I wasn't confident in 2 handing back then (used a shield until das2 sl1 run).

Though the Drake Sword is going to ruin your life once you get to Sen's so you should probably get a better weapon set up.

"I am about to go in the kitchen and see if I can make tin foil make the ripping noise."
"I tried ripping metal...just wouldn't work for me."

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2016 05:17 PM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Wut.

I have the Claymore, dude. The thing isn't half as powerful as BKS.

I'm not that far off from the BKS anyway.

Besides, I'm getting free from DS till I get my patience back, I'll stick with Dragon's Dogma for now.

The difference is that you can upgrade the Claymore to +15, you can imbue it and it has better stat scaling.

A Lightning Claymore +5 does about 500 damage.

BKS is cool anyway though. I used it.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2016 06:19 PM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by One Big Mob
It's a complete trick. The highest iirc is the lightning Zwei.

The Greatsword splits its damage over too many defenses and it's just not as viable as it seems on paper.

You're best to just find a weapon you like and stick with it. Any weapon is capable of doing it. Hell I beat the game at sl1 with the starting mace one handed because I murdered the guy who sold the better one and I wasn't confident in 2 handing back then (used a shield until das2 sl1 run).

Though the Drake Sword is going to ruin your life once you get to Sen's so you should probably get a better weapon set up.

They nerfed elementals, though. Lightning Zwei's still fine though.

Yeah, almost anything gets the job done in PVE. Best this/that is fun min/maxing stuff, but won't cripple you if you pick something less good.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2016 06:46 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Been doing some research.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Every single person that you befriend turns Hollow?

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2016 01:26 AM
Arachnid1

This became backwards compatible. I'm finally able to play the first Dark Souls game.

Rough start so far. I go into one area and get slaughtered by enemies way above my level. I say screw it and go to a different area where I'm murdered by a bunch of invincible ghosts. I say screw that area and go to a new area where I get overwhelmed by unkillable skeletons. Its possible I'm just not going to the right areas, but I don't stand a chance anywhere I go. It takes me 30 hits to kill an enemy, but it takes them one or two to kill me.

Its alright though. I'll figure it out. One thing I'll give this game though, is that it looks better than I thought it would. I had no idea DS1 came out in 2011. Thats still relatively recent. I figured it was a 2005 game or something.

PWNT

Old Post Mar 25th, 2016 12:03 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Astner
Rex Deum

You can upgrade the Drake Sword with Dragon Scales. It's just that the scales are rare and that the weapon falls short in the long run due to the lack of scaling.

Been doing some research.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Every single person that you befriend turns Hollow?

No. There are a few that don't, and the ones that do only do so if you complete their quest line.

Old Post Mar 25th, 2016 01:07 AM
Astner is currently offline Click here to Send Astner a Private Message Find more posts by Astner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro
Savior of KMC

Originally posted by Arachnid1
This became backwards compatible. I'm finally able to play the first Dark Souls game.

Rough start so far. I go into one area and get slaughtered by enemies way above my level. I say screw it and go to a different area where I'm murdered by a bunch of invincible ghosts. I say screw that area and go to a new area where I get overwhelmed by unkillable skeletons. Its possible I'm just not going to the right areas, but I don't stand a chance anywhere I go. It takes me 30 hits to kill an enemy, but it takes them one or two to kill me.

Its alright though. I'll figure it out. One thing I'll give this game though, is that it looks better than I thought it would. I had no idea DS1 came out in 2011. Thats still relatively recent. I figured it was a 2005 game or something.
Invincible ghosts? I honestly can't remember anyplace like that in Dark Souls.

"I GOTTA FIND OUT WHO KILLED MY DAD"

Old Post Mar 25th, 2016 03:09 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Originally posted by NemeBro
Invincible ghosts? I honestly can't remember anyplace like that in Dark Souls.
These little bastards below. They take no damage from my weapons

(please log in to view the image)

Thankfully I found where I was supposed to go though. I just beat the gargoyles and they gave me a sweet Halbert which works similar to the Mastadon Halbert I rocked in Dark Souls 2. I may have found my weapon for the full playthrough already.

PWNT

Last edited by Arachnid1 on Mar 25th, 2016 at 03:26 AM

Old Post Mar 25th, 2016 03:21 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Astner
Rex Deum

You kill hurt them by either being cursed, using a Transient Curse (temporary buff), or using a cursed weapon.

The Transient Curse is the most reliable.

Old Post Mar 25th, 2016 03:31 AM
Astner is currently offline Click here to Send Astner a Private Message Find more posts by Astner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Originally posted by Astner
You kill hurt them by either being cursed, using a Transient Curse (temporary buff), or using a cursed weapon.

The Transient Curse is the most reliable.
I accidentally became cursed and used it as an opportunity to run through there. Wasn't too terrible. I even found a dude to undo my curse, which was great.

So far I'm done with Blighttown, rang the second bell, and went through the fire cave after. It was hell fighting Taurus Demon after Taurus Demon. I think there were 10 of them in all throughout the area.

Speaking of hell, Blighttown was the worst Soulsborne experience I've had to date (ok, maybe that's cursed chalices, but this was the worst for the main game). Constant poisoning, and dickhead enemies galore. When I finally finished there and went back to Firelink, I felt like I could breathe again. Thank god thats done.

Also, some dickhead killed the mute girl who upgrades my estus flasks. sad

EDIT:

Lmao pretty accurate

PWNT

Last edited by Arachnid1 on Mar 28th, 2016 at 02:23 AM

Old Post Mar 28th, 2016 02:17 AM
Arachnid1

I just beat Ornstein and Smough on my second try. I feel pretty proud of myself considering how many people seem to have tons of trouble with them. They weren't too bad.

I'm going to kick it into gear to beat this game before my copy of Dark Souls 3 comes in Thursday. Does that sound realistic to you guys considering where I'm at?

PWNT

Last edited by Arachnid1 on Apr 10th, 2016 at 07:51 PM

Old Post Apr 10th, 2016 07:48 PM
Arachnid1

"If only I could be so grossly incandescent..."

God damn it Solaire. sad

PWNT

Old Post Apr 12th, 2016 06:43 PM
Arachnid1

This is getting a full remaster in the Dark Souls 3 engine. Fking hyped.

I wonder if they're actually remaking all the mechanics. Omnidirectional rolling may make the game a bit too easy.

PWNT

Old Post Jan 11th, 2018 09:08 PM
Astner
Rex Deum

Originally posted by Arachnid1
This is getting a full remaster in the Dark Souls 3 engine. Fking hyped.

I wonder if they're actually remaking all the mechanics. Omnidirectional rolling may make the game a bit too easy.

From where are you getting that it's a remaster in the new engine? Dark Souls III ran at 30 FPS on the PS4, this remaster is supposedly running at 60 FPS.

We're likely getting a similar remaster to that of Dark Souls II; higher resolution and frame-rate, some updated textures and effects, and hopefully a fix of the unfinished areas at the end of the game.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2018 11:38 AM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Scholar of the First Sin was already a pretty damn good remake for II tbh.

I'm hopeful there will be improvements to Dark Souls I n the remaster but I'm not gonna bet on it. I suspect the combat may not compare well to DS III these days. I remember it being pretty easy to get through by just hiding behind a shield and strafing.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2018 12:07 PM
Astner
Rex Deum

Based on the Japanese price-point of 4,800 JPY—43 USD—I highly doubt it will be a remake.

There might be a few additions in terms of co-op and whatnot, but the main reason to look forward to this is for the reignited interest of the community.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2018 12:47 PM