KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Batman » Michael Keaton as Batman better then christian bale?

Michael Keaton as Batman better then christian bale?
Started by: coolmovies

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
spidermanrocks

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Prep-Man
I also want to say Burton captured Gotham better than Nolan.

Visually, yes. Storywise and character wise, no.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2011 07:25 AM
spidermanrocks is currently offline Click here to Send spidermanrocks a Private Message Find more posts by spidermanrocks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

Originally posted by Prep-Man
Pretty much.

I also want to say Burton captured Gotham better than Nolan.

Burton had the right idea on the look of Gothem being dark and all but he went overboard though and made it to where you could hardly see what was going on most the time during the night scenes.I like to see what I am watching when i am at a movie theatre big grin Burton get the idea set in motion on how to make it look dark and gloomy but just went too far with it.Nolan nailed it and got it perfect.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2011 08:11 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
aztec
Reptilectric

Bale sucks!! I can't get past his annoying voice, on top of that I don't like his acting. I've watch the Dark Knight at least five times, and each time I find his acting boring and blant.. I can watch Michael Keaton, Danny Devito and Michelle Pfeiffer all day.. It was my favorite Batman movie, and in my opinion the best one. The good thing about DK was Joker, other than that I didn't care for any of the characters..

Old Post Mar 25th, 2011 06:18 PM
aztec is currently offline Click here to Send aztec a Private Message Find more posts by aztec Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Prof. T.C McAbe
Kryptonian Scientist

Keaton was the best Batman imho. Burton did an amazing job bringin an surrealistic and dark Gotham to life. Keaton was amazin as Batman and I didn't mind his cold/remote Wayne.

The new Batman was more realistic and I like it but you could change the titel to "awesome-ninja-hero" and it would still work.

Sig made by my mate, the one and only One_Angry_Scot

Old Post Aug 5th, 2011 11:25 AM
Prof. T.C McAbe is currently offline Click here to Send Prof. T.C McAbe a Private Message Find more posts by Prof. T.C McAbe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GRIMNIR

Michael Keaton >>> Christian Bale
Burton's Batmans >>> Nolan's Batmans

Old Post Aug 6th, 2011 12:55 PM
GRIMNIR is currently offline Click here to Send GRIMNIR a Private Message Find more posts by GRIMNIR Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

For me its not a question of which actor played a better Batman but instead which director gave us a better Batman. Both Bale and Keaton have given us great performances as Batman. No one should argue that both have done a fine job in the role of Batman. Personally, however, i find the two to be very different in style. Much like Jacks Joker and Heaths Joker. I can't say who did a better acting job because the two are so very different. I can say which one i prefer but not which did a better job.

I prefer NOlans batman because he is more ruthless and feels much more realistic than Burtons. I know Burton wasnt going for realism but thats what i prefer I prefer Keatons performance though.

Old Post Aug 7th, 2011 02:36 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Oct 13th, 2011 07:25 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sindahouse

Keaton looked a hell of a lot better in the 89 Batman. Batman needs two characteristics to make him work, Dark & Spooky. While Nolan has Bale capture the dark side of Batman Burton did a much better job in capturing the dark and spooky side of Batman with Keaton.... as far as looks go anyway. I also prefer Burton's Gotham. Batman needs a concrete world to work.

Both actors did an amazing job with what they were given. Somehow Keatons face just looks better in the suit though. Overall however Nolan's movies appeal to me more and I say that with a heavy heart b/c as far as looks go Burton's Batman & Gotham looks better then Nolan's. Wish we could fuse Nolans story with Burtons look.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2012 02:36 PM
sindahouse is currently offline Click here to Send sindahouse a Private Message Find more posts by sindahouse Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sindahouse

Wanna add another thing. Have a look at the attached pic. All actors who have played batman look like themselves in the suit, with the exception of Michael Keaton. When Keaton is in the suit he just doesn't look like Keaton somehow. He looks Nutz... Luv it.

Just my two cents. smile

Attachment: bruce waynes.jpg
This has been downloaded 145 time(s).

Old Post Mar 24th, 2012 02:42 PM
sindahouse is currently offline Click here to Send sindahouse a Private Message Find more posts by sindahouse Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sixth_Winged

I'll rate them by ratings based in my opinion...

keaton: batman-10/bruce-7
kilmer: batman-7/bruce-9
bale: batman-8/bruce-10
clooney: batman-3/bruce-4

reasoning: While bale has the highest score for me overall, as another person have pointed, he had to use a fake scary voice. Serious letdown IMO and very hard to take seriously at times. Keaton needs no such thing to become intimidating as his voice can reach such assertive tone without needing to be exagerrated too much. Buuuut he really doesn't look the part of Bruce Wayne.

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2012 10:13 AM
Sixth_Winged is currently offline Click here to Send Sixth_Winged a Private Message Find more posts by Sixth_Winged Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sabretooth
I was dead. I got better.

Bale pointed out in an interview with Entertainment Weekly that he does the role with the thought that there are actually three distinct aspects to Bruce Wayne: The public billionaire playboy, the private Bruce who is still childlike in some respects, and the scourge of Gotham's underworld.
Bale is the only one who nails all three in my opinion. His voice did irritate me a few times though, but he didn't sound anything like he did as Bruce. He is the only one of the acters I probably wouldn't be able to tell who was in the costume in real life.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2012 06:02 AM
Sabretooth is currently offline Click here to Send Sabretooth a Private Message Find more posts by Sabretooth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

I really have a hard time with these kind of debates. Personally, my favorite Batman is Kevin Conroy and think he could easily play the role in live action.

Keaton and Bale were both good Batmen and I really don't know who was qualitatively better. I do think that Bale was the right Batman for Nolan's movies and that no other live action Batman (except maybe Conroy) would've worked in those movies just like Christian Bale wouldn't have worked in Tim Burton's movies or in the Adam West tv show.

Wonder when will it'll all be over...
Living in a void when the void grows colder...
Wonder when it'll all be over?
Will you be laughing when it's over?

Old Post Jul 26th, 2012 12:49 AM
Darth Jello is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Jello a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Jello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
starlock
Team Authority

Michael Keaton all the way. Bale doe snot come close, to me he is the worst Batman and Bruce, weird though, i like him as an actor.

http://www.thedeadlyaddictionschronicles.com/

Old Post Jul 27th, 2012 03:20 AM
starlock is currently offline Click here to Send starlock a Private Message Find more posts by starlock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bobby_Fette

Originally posted by starlock
Michael Keaton all the way. Bale doe snot come close, to me he is the worst Batman and Bruce, weird though, i like him as an actor.

No offense, starlock, but I always thought of Michael Keaton as the flabby, out-of-shape Batman. A padded muscle suit just doesn't disguise the fact that as Bruce Wayne, he is way too thin and unathletic to be a convincing Batman.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2012 02:37 AM
Bobby_Fette is currently offline Click here to Send Bobby_Fette a Private Message Find more posts by Bobby_Fette Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlackZero30x
Jack

Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
For me its not a question of which actor played a better Batman but instead which director gave us a better Batman. Both Bale and Keaton have given us great performances as Batman. No one should argue that both have done a fine job in the role of Batman. Personally, however, i find the two to be very different in style. Much like Jacks Joker and Heaths Joker. I can't say who did a better acting job because the two are so very different. I can say which one i prefer but not which did a better job.

I prefer NOlans batman because he is more ruthless and feels much more realistic than Burtons. I know Burton wasnt going for realism but thats what i prefer I prefer Keatons performance though.

I can respect the hell out of that! Though I will say I prefer the unrealistic version of batman. But bale could turn his head. Believe it or not I thought that rocked!

BlackZero30X:The Signatures XBL Gamertag

Old Post Jul 28th, 2012 04:28 AM
BlackZero30x is currently offline Click here to Send BlackZero30x a Private Message Find more posts by BlackZero30x Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jedi90

Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx

Man, what are you smoking? Keaton's batman was way more ruthless. Not only did keaton's batman kill the main villain but his henchmen too. Lets have a body count:

Keaton: killed joker, bashed henchman's head into giant bell before throwin him to his death, lit a man on fire with the batmobile, put a bomb down a man's pants, killed penguin, blew up a factory of joker's workers

Bale: Ras al ghul?

as far as your realism goes, both wore padded black bullet proof ammor. They both used a grappling gun and had an almost indestructible car. both used martial arts and were hated by the police.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2012 12:28 AM
jedi90 is currently offline Click here to Send jedi90 a Private Message Find more posts by jedi90 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mastagambit
king of thieves

Originally posted by the ninjak
Keaton was my favourite Batman. And his look pacticularly looked spot on.
Kilmer was a good Bruce. But his and Clooney's Batman were terrible.
Bale's Batman is a gritty realistic version. His voice made sense because people would be able to voice track him otherwise. I always laughed at the other Batmen having the exact same voice as Bruce.

But Keaton's Batman knew when to shutup when kicking ass.

Agreed here.
Keaton is my favorite Batman.
I loved his look,the costume was awesome and really captured how Batman is at the time in the comics.
Also I LOVE his Batmobile.
His version is the best.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2012 10:37 PM
mastagambit is currently offline Click here to Send mastagambit a Private Message Find more posts by mastagambit Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
C-3POTheClever

Both are good but I think Micheal Keaton is better. He's just so good at appearing naturally threataning without overdoing it.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2012 03:45 PM
C-3POTheClever is currently offline Click here to Send C-3POTheClever a Private Message Find more posts by C-3POTheClever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Esau Cairn
Contagious

Keaton has my respect as Batman however he came across as a bit too aloof for Wayne.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2012 07:56 AM
Esau Cairn is currently offline Click here to Send Esau Cairn a Private Message Find more posts by Esau Cairn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Esau Cairn
Contagious

Originally posted by spidermanrocks
Visually, yes. Storywise and character wise, no.

Nolan did a great take on Gotham in Begins then he got lazy for the 2 movies after using real locations in America. Not once was I convinced it was gotham City in TDKR.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2012 07:58 AM
Esau Cairn is currently offline Click here to Send Esau Cairn a Private Message Find more posts by Esau Cairn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote