KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Smallville Forum » Get Freaking Ready For A 2hour Series Finale And..........

Get Freaking Ready For A 2hour Series Finale And..........
Started by: ~JP~

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Mindship
Snap out of it.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by tsscls
did they reuse FX from the Singer Movie for the apokolips in space scene?
I don't think it was revamped footage, but it was meant to invoke that scene. The finale paid definite homage to the Roth movie, Reeve's Superman (with the music), and even to the 1950s TV show ("Great Caesar's Ghost!").

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post May 14th, 2011 07:28 PM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I actually thought the last twenty minutes was a big two finfgers to Returns, a "we did it better than you" sort of thing.

Could have done with more fighting in the finale, but all in all, it wasn't bad at all.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post May 15th, 2011 06:31 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

I thought it was pretty good, and it ended appropriately.

The only part I found extremely anticlimactic was the end 'battle(s)' between Clark/Darkseid/Apokolips. I mean, they spent 2 full hours building up Darkseid and Apokolips as these unbeatable entities. Then Clark beats Darkseid in a few seconds via flying through him - afterward, he dons 'the suit', pushes Apokolips a smidgen out of earth's orbit, and that somehow averted the disaster?

Kind of weak, but I still liked the finale as a whole (particularly the scenes with Pa Kent.)

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on May 18th, 2011 at 06:30 PM

Old Post May 18th, 2011 06:24 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthmaul1

I loved it, it weas very well done, especially by using the music by John Williams. Here's a question on the last show before the 2hr finale, with toyman he is seen talking to a group of people, and gives them a dossier with the whole justice league in it and says here are your targets. could they be thinking of doing a justice league spin off? seems kind of weird to show it and nothing would come of it.

Old Post May 18th, 2011 09:13 PM
darthmaul1 is currently offline Click here to Send darthmaul1 a Private Message Find more posts by darthmaul1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr Mystery
Supervillain Sensation

I've always thought they would do the Justice League in some capacity. Guess we'll wait and see.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2011 02:54 AM
Dr Mystery is currently offline Click here to Send Dr Mystery a Private Message Find more posts by Dr Mystery Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Badabing
Karen

They had a "sort of" JLA and JSA, and showed a Legion of Doom. Not sure if they're setting up for something or just trolling us.

You've just been Trump'd!

Official pimp of Steverules

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post Jun 6th, 2011 03:54 AM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nyan Cat
Restricted

Account Restricted

This forum is now an historic monument.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jun 27th, 2011 01:46 AM
Nyan Cat is currently offline Click here to Send Nyan Cat a Private Message Find more posts by Nyan Cat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smallville
Last Son of Krypton

I was a little disappointed. More than likely it was because I went into the finale being disappointed with a good portion of the series from season 6 onward. Please, before you attack, continue to read on.

Reasons I was disappointed with the finale

1) As was stated before, they never completely showed Tom in the suit. Only neck up views or wide shots where you could not see him in his entirety. At least once...

2) Since when can Darkseid be defeated by a double-fisted diving punch?

3) Mercy was around long after Clark took up the Superman moniker.

4) Clark and Lois getting married before he puts the suit on? No...

... I could go on, but I think you get where I am going with this. And, the reason I still watch and the reason I am not angry at the show is that not adaptation of any book, be it a novel or a comic, will ever remain 100% true to the original text. So, all in all, it was a little disappointing, but still a good way to close out the show. Well done.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2011 09:42 PM
Smallville is currently offline Click here to Send Smallville a Private Message Find more posts by Smallville Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Smallville
4) Clark and Lois getting married before he puts the suit on? No...

They didnt. They wern't even married 7 years later (if I understood correctly)

A bit disappointed in the finale, as well as the final season. My biggest beaf, Not enough Lex. Also did Lex forget everything?! I didn't get that. They shouldn't have left unanswered questions like that in the Finale.

Also was hoping for more of the JL. Never saw MMH in last season, and I dnt even remember which was the last season we saw Impulse. Of course I wnt mind any of that if they do a JL series, but I wnt keep my hopes up!

Old Post Aug 6th, 2011 01:44 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote