KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Star Wars: Role Playing » STAR WARS: RETROSPECTION- Lost, Confused

STAR WARS: RETROSPECTION- Lost, Confused
Started by: REXXXX

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Edna Witch
Magic

That makes Edna mad. If she didn't need passage so badly she'd be inclined to demonstrate her abilities in the force with a throat grip but as satisfying as that would be, harming her pilot would probably not be the best move! She sits back and scowls then the blaster on the table catches her eye.

----------------------
Rex, can I lift the revolver with the force and turn it on him?

"This Party's Over" -Mace Windu, epII

Old Post Feb 17th, 2011 09:15 PM
Edna Witch is currently offline Click here to Send Edna Witch a Private Message Find more posts by Edna Witch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Since Edna has Precision... yes, she could. Lacking any talent for blasters, you wouldn't be able to do more than point it. He doesn't know that, though.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2011 09:18 PM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Edna Witch
Magic

quote: (post)
Originally posted by REXXXX
Since Edna has Precision... yes, she could. Lacking any talent for blasters, you wouldn't be able to do more than point it. He doesn't know that, though.

Since I really don't want to kill him I wouldn't want to fire it anyway! But hopefully it will get his attention.
--------------------------------------------

Edna feels for the blaster with the force, raises it and turns it on Rya letting a smug expression cross her face. That'll teach him for doubting her!

"Looks can deceiving, don't you think?"

Old Post Feb 17th, 2011 10:17 PM
Edna Witch is currently offline Click here to Send Edna Witch a Private Message Find more posts by Edna Witch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Rya yelps in surprise and pushes back against his seat, but he has nowhere to go.

"Look, threatening me won't work!" Rya says in a strained whisper. "I need the money! I'm sorry! Give me back my gun!"

Old Post Feb 18th, 2011 07:10 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Edna Witch
Magic

Edna lets the blaster drop to the table with a clatter and sits back looking disappointed. "Sorry, I wasn't trying to threaten you - simply a demonstration. I am serious though about what I can offer you. The force is more than just magic tricks. I can sense the emotions of the shady characters you have to deal with and warn you if they are trying to trick you. I really can watch your back for danger." Edna puts the hood of her cloak back up as if about to leave. "But if money really is the only thing you value, then I'm clearly wasting my time here".

-------------------------------
Rex - is he really going to accept nothing but money (of which, of course, I am assuming I have none!)?

Old Post Feb 18th, 2011 11:05 AM
REXXXX
Networking

You are a little strapped for cash indeed. Kuylen allocated a little of the gold supply to you but it is running out.

"Let me think about it," Rya says. "I'll be here until tomorrow. Meet me then and we'll talk."

He thinks about something.

"Do you have one of those... you know... laser sword things?"

Old Post Feb 18th, 2011 09:06 PM
Edna Witch
Magic

Edna chuckles. "You mean my lightsabre? Of course! Well, until tomorrow then." Edna gets up to leave for real this time but before she leaves the booth she says "By the way I like the jacket. It suits you!" She smiles and walks away from him and back out of the cantina into the busy street.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2011 12:56 AM
REXXXX
Networking

Rya watches you go. You sense that he is intrigued.

Edna- you leave the cantina and step into the street. Where will you go now? You are painfully aware that you have no accommodations here on Nar Shaddaa.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2011 08:14 AM
Edna Witch
Magic

Hmmmmm nowhere to sleep in scum central - my favourite. Ok Rex can you help me out a bit here? What is around? What are my suggested options?

Old Post Feb 19th, 2011 12:37 PM
REXXXX
Networking

You have two skills that could be relevant here- Survival or Savoir-Faire.

A good roll in Survival will allow you to slum it on the streets for a night safely.

A good roll in Savoir-Faire means you know the lay of the land (figuratively), and therefore people you could talk to or places you could go for shelter.

The ideas need to come from you, but I am happy to drop hints.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2011 10:49 PM
Edna Witch
Magic

Sorry I am a wee bit out of practice and still getting to grips with Ush's rules - hints always appreciated. Can I go down the savoir-faire route in the hope of finding somewhere to take shelter?

Old Post Feb 20th, 2011 01:37 AM
REXXXX
Networking

Certainly! Probably the better route anyway.

For skill checks, we take a Stat and a Skill and combine them to make your dice pool. This will be an Intelligence + Savoir-Faire check, as Edna is checking to see if she knows anywhere she can go.

Edna has an Intelligence of 4 and a Savoir-Faire skill of 2, for a total of 6 dice. What you want to roll are 5s and 6s; they count as successes, and the more successes you accumulate, the better!

So I roll six dice... and you got four 5s.

It turns out that Edna knows quite a bit about Nar Shaddaa!

First, I will ask- do you remember Shareth the Hutt? From the Damagran debacle?

Old Post Feb 20th, 2011 01:44 AM
Edna Witch
Magic

I indeed do - Didn't she get us past that blockade in the end? I guess I am off in search of her.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2011 01:49 AM
REXXXX
Networking

She did! Shareth the Hutt is an associate of Kuylen's. You do not know their history, but she did help you guys out. Then again, she helped you out when you had a great deal of gold... but it is your best shot.

You are walking away from the cantina to make for Shareth's when you sense you are being followed.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2011 01:59 AM
Edna Witch
Magic

Can I sense anything about what is on the mind of the person following me? Their emotions I mean?

Old Post Feb 20th, 2011 02:01 AM
REXXXX
Networking

What you need there is the power Scan. You have that, so you can check his emotions for free.

He is drug-addled and aggressive.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2011 03:02 AM
Edna Witch
Magic

Marvelous! Just what I need to stay low key. Can i duck into a shaded alley or similar and wait for him to find me.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2011 01:07 PM
REXXXX
Networking

Certainly! Plenty of those around. It's as if Nar Shaddaa was made entirely of dark alleys.

It turns out that this man is not alone. As you duck into the alleyway, you sense more coming with him after you. About six total. They are a motley bunch of scruffy street thugs.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2011 11:06 PM
Edna Witch
Magic

Edna senses the 6 thugs behind her and once in the Alley, she halts, turns around and addresses them. "Is there something I can do for you all? Or were you just looking to die a painful death?"

Old Post Feb 20th, 2011 11:19 PM
REXXXX
Networking

At first they are surprised, then they laugh.

"Big words for a girl so small," sneers the leader, the one you sensed first. "We just wanted to say hello, didn't we boys?"

More grotesque laughter.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2011 11:37 PM