KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Star Wars: Role Playing » STAR WARS: RETROSPECTION- Lost, Confused

STAR WARS: RETROSPECTION- Lost, Confused
Started by: REXXXX

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Edna Witch
Magic

If Edna hadn't grown up around men like this she'd almost be repulsed but as it is she's just mildly irritated.

"I'm sure you did. And I'm so pleased to meet you all but you've really chosen the wrong victim for your little games."

Edna focuses her attentions on the leader and smiles.
---------------

Rex - as I have Grip, can I get the leader in a force grip to strangle him?

"This Party's Over" -Mace Windu, epII

Old Post Feb 20th, 2011 11:48 PM
Edna Witch is currently offline Click here to Send Edna Witch a Private Message Find more posts by Edna Witch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

You can! It is a Force roll to see how strong your Grip is. Only one success needed to start it.

My Twitter My Facebook My Tumblr My Wordpress

Old Post Feb 21st, 2011 08:55 PM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Edna Witch
Magic

Ok I'll try it then.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2011 09:18 PM
Edna Witch is currently offline Click here to Send Edna Witch a Private Message Find more posts by Edna Witch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Edna has a Force Attack rating of 8, upped to 11 by Precision. You roll 5 successes.

Feel free to describe what happens once Edna starts strangling the leader, for he is in your Grip!

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2011 06:52 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Edna Witch
Magic

The leader stares back at Edna with the same sneer on his face but then his expression starts to change as he realises he is now struggling to breathe. Edna increases her grip on his throat and grins slyly as he starts to flail helplessly at his neck, trying to remove the hands that aren't there and making a pathetic girgling noise.

Edna becomes aware of murmerings from the other men. "Any of the rest of you fancied saying hello boys?"

Rex - can I roll for another turn to try and kill him please?

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2011 02:19 PM
REXXXX
Networking

Grip is a slow and painful death- it will take a short time. He has already taken 10 damage as you squeeze the life out of him when he gurgles "Get... her!" at his thugs.

The boys apparently want to say hello, Edna. Most of them have knives, but a few have blasters.

I now ask you to select three Schticks to use in a fight.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2011 10:20 PM
Edna Witch
Magic

I only have three schticks so I guess all of them!

BLADE SCHTICKS
Othadox guard

COMBAT SCHTICKS
Martial arts
Dodge and weave

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2011 12:06 AM
REXXXX
Networking

Hooray!

Fun fact- with the Force power Swiftness, you can switch between Lightsaber and barehanded attacks without wasting any time.

The thugs are closing in on you... is Edna starting off unarmed or is the lightsaber coming out?

Also- for the purpose of this being your first fight in the new system, you can use all of your Force powers for free!

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2011 12:29 AM
Edna Witch
Magic

ok. Gosh too much to think about. She may as well whip out her lightsabre - no point starting at a disadvantage.

And since you are being so generous with the force powers could I please use bombard to try and get a few to back off a bit?

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2011 01:52 AM
REXXXX
Networking

So, we enter what is known as Combat Time! This is how we track fights. Normally it runs pretty smoothly, but I will walk you step by step through everything.

Here is the key to what everything means:

Name (Skill Pool): Defense/Damage [Active Schticks x3] (Force Points)

Your skill pool right now is your Lightsaber pool- Edna has a skill of 8 with her lightsaber, and gains +2 from Orthodox Guard for a total of 10 dice to attack with.

She has a standard Defense of 1, but gains +2 Defense from Orthodox Guard for a total of 3. This means that 3 dice are taken away from your attackers' pool. The less dice, the better!

You haven't taken any damage, so you are at 0. Edna, with a Strength of 3, can take a maximum of 50 damage. The calculation for that is Strength x 10 + 20. Fairly simple.

Your schticks- Orthodox Guard, Martial Artist, and Dodge & Weave- are abbreviated, but they are in your 'active schticks' slot. You don't have any other schticks, or they would be listed.

----

ALLEYWAY SCUFFLE, Start of Turn 1

Alleyway

Edna (LS10): 3/0 [OGu MA DW] (9F)

Leader (G7): 10

Thugs (C5) x3

Thugs (G5) x2

----

The 'C5' and 'G5' are the Skill Pools of your enemies. C stands for Combat (fisticuffs and melee weapons and the like), G stands for Guns (blasters, of course). They have pools of 5, except the Leader who has a pool of 7. He's more dangerous.

You want to use Bombard to attack multiple targets?

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2011 03:24 AM
Edna Witch
Magic

Can I use it to attack the ones with guns please?

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2011 10:05 PM
REXXXX
Networking

At the start of each turn, Initiative is rolled to see whose action comes first. This turn, I rolled a 5 and a 2... you go first!

The thugs are rather surprised when the alleyway comes alive around them, with trash cans and refuse flying into the air and comes down on them. Those holding blasters being your targets, they cry out before being smashed around.

One thug with a knife takes a swipe at you, as does one with a crowbar. They only have two dice to roll, and they miss. The rule there is that, if they are using weapons not safe against lightsaber and they miss, you get to destroy their weapons. For Mooks, like these thugs, this is certain death. You cut them down easily.

Another thug with a club manages to land a hit with one success, for a total of 3 damage.

The Leader misses his shot, still flustered about being strangled.

----

ALLEYWAY SCUFFLE, Start of Turn 2

Alleyway

Edna (LS10): 3/3 [OGu MA DW] (9F)

Thugs (C5) x1

----

Not bad, Edna!

Old Post Feb 24th, 2011 12:29 AM
Edna Witch
Magic

Can I engage the leader with my lightsabre and use strike against him please?

Last edited by Edna Witch on Feb 24th, 2011 at 01:20 AM

Old Post Feb 24th, 2011 01:08 AM
REXXXX
Networking

There is a problem with that. When engaged in a melee fight, one cannot run from it without the use of certain Schticks or Force powers. Right now, the thug with the knife has you occupied. He needs to go before you can engage the leader, who is hanging back with his blaster.

That, or you can flee and risk taking a bonus attack from the thug, in which none of your defenses work.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2011 01:36 AM
Edna Witch
Magic

Oh right ok sorry. Confused - I thought the last thug had a club (or does he have both?) I think I'm a bit lost. That's fine though. I will try and finish the thug off with my lightsabre first.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2011 01:52 AM
REXXXX
Networking

Oops, sorry, yes, he has a club. Or he did, until you run him through.

That leaves you alone with the leader, who shakily fires his blaster at you. He misses, rolling poorly.

----

ALLEYWAY SCUFFLE, Start of Turn 3

Alleyway

Edna (LS10): 3/8 [OGu MA DW] (9F)

----

Old Post Feb 24th, 2011 03:38 AM
Edna Witch
Magic

Right brilliant. Now I will engage the leader with my lightsabre and use strike against him.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2011 02:23 PM
REXXXX
Networking

Edna blurs forward and impales the Leader on her lightsaber, rolling five successes and adding three more with Strike. He falls back, dead.

Edna is victorious!

Old Post Feb 25th, 2011 12:35 AM
Edna Witch
Magic

Can I search the bodies to see if they have anything useful I can take with me? And then I will head to find Shareth the Hutt.

Old Post Feb 25th, 2011 01:42 AM
REXXXX
Networking

Spare change and their weapons, not much else.

The walk to Shareth the Hutt's is a long one, and it is late into the night by the time you are venturing out of the lower levels and toward a high row of elaborate palaces. They almost seem fairytale-esque, rising out of the gloom and decay of Nar Shaddaa. One of them is Shareth's, and you only vaguely remember which it is. Your instincts guide you to it.

The palace gate is guarded by two men.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2011 02:45 AM