KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Sci-Fi / Fantasy » Schwarzenegger's Return Revives 'Terminator' Franchise!

Schwarzenegger's Return Revives 'Terminator' Franchise!
Started by: The Nuul

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Same here

and it was'nt a reboot.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2011 06:52 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Shadow Z

He just has to do an Alien Movie.

Bill Paxton and Lance Henriksen are the only two to my knowledge who have been in all three in some capacity. Michael Biehn would have the set if he'd done a Predator movie too.

I want to see him Minigun a whole room of Xenomorphs with a cigar in his mouth and his one-liners ready! big grin

Old Post Mar 17th, 2011 03:21 PM
Lord Shadow Z is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Shadow Z a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Shadow Z Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Esau Cairn
Contagious

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Lord Shadow Z
He just has to do an Alien Movie.

I want to see him Minigun a whole room of Xenomorphs with a cigar in his mouth and his one-liners ready! big grin

"How d'ya want yer eggs? RIDDLED WITH BULLETS!!!! " smokin'

Old Post Mar 26th, 2011 01:52 AM
Esau Cairn is currently offline Click here to Send Esau Cairn a Private Message Find more posts by Esau Cairn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wolfie
Keep on howling!

I don't know what everyone's problem with Terminator Salvation is. I rather enjoyed it and feels it needs continuation.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2011 03:08 AM
Wolfie is currently offline Click here to Send Wolfie a Private Message Find more posts by Wolfie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

Originally posted by Wolfie
I don't know what everyone's problem with Terminator Salvation is. I rather enjoyed it and feels it needs continuation.

It was ok, but people have come to expect a classic, which the 4th is not (neither is the 3rd for that matter). Anything less than a movie that is celebrated for decades is a failure in comparison to the part 1 and 2.

Greg Oden: The future of the Blazers. The future of the NBA.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2011 04:10 AM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NowYouRemember
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Myth
It was ok, but people have come to expect a classic, which the 4th is not (neither is the 3rd for that matter). Anything less than a movie that is celebrated for decades is a failure in comparison to the part 1 and 2.

No, it just sucked.

It was totally written wrong and had more plotholes and inconsistancies that I care to write up right now.

I like Christian Bale, actually, but he's not John Connor.

The story was screwed up and inaccurate and I remember everyone walking out of the threatre going, "What the **** was that ???"

It was horrible like a graphic car wreck, but much less of a spectacle at the same time.

People who just love action movies won't see a problem with Terminator Salvation.

But people who know and understand the storyline well, and know the ins and outs of the previous movies understanding how utterly vomit-inducing it was.

For that movie, there is no salvation.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2011 07:20 PM
NowYouRemember is currently offline Click here to Send NowYouRemember a Private Message Find more posts by NowYouRemember Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Shadow Z

Originally posted by NowYouRemember
No, it just sucked.

It was totally written wrong and had more plotholes and inconsistancies that I care to write up right now.

I like Christian Bale, actually, but he's not John Connor.

The story was screwed up and inaccurate and I remember everyone walking out of the threatre going, "What the **** was that ???"

It was horrible like a graphic car wreck, but much less of a spectacle at the same time.

People who just love action movies won't see a problem with Terminator Salvation.

But people who know and understand the storyline well, and know the ins and outs of the previous movies understanding how utterly vomit-inducing it was.

For that movie, there is no salvation.

All that you've said there sums up my reaction to Rise of the Machines, that's as far as I've got; Salvation didn't interest me in the slightest.

Maybe because of Bale, I know he's a successful actor but nowadays it seems he just growls and shouts through his lines and thats enough for me to just not be bothered with his films. In Reign of Fire, Equilibrium and Rescue Dawn he's not so loud and urgent and it allows him to settle in the character a lot more. That's my take anyway.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2011 08:03 PM
Lord Shadow Z is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Shadow Z a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Shadow Z Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FistOfThe North

aaaahhggrawwggggaaaaaaggaarrwwaahahahhhhhh!!!!!

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2011 01:39 AM
FistOfThe North is currently offline Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
elfirrepins
sniperrifle backwards

Why they followed up Terminator 2, god knows.

Old Post Apr 4th, 2011 12:32 PM
elfirrepins is currently offline Click here to Send elfirrepins a Private Message Find more posts by elfirrepins Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

If only James Cameron stuck to his guns and we would've had a Third movie from him

as for what Arnolds up to

Arnold Schwarzenegger Eyes Two Projects

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=76099

quote:
The Last Stand is the first American film from Kim Jee-woon (I Saw the Devil, The Good, The Bad, The Weird) and tells the story of an American sheriff battling against a Mexican drug cartel. In a recent interview with ComingSoon.net, Jee-woon described the project as follows:

"[I]t's kind of a combination of 'Die Hard' and 'High Noon' where (the latter) was about protecting something very important that needs to be protected, while 'Die Hard' is a very drawn-out, long process that almost kills someone in the process. So my film will be something that has to be very well protected and, in the process, we almost die protecting it in a way

quote:
The Tomb, meanwhile, is set to arrive from Antoine Fuqua (Training Day, Brookyln's Finest) and features an expert prison designer who has to escape from the very structure that he helped create.

It is possible that Schwarzenegger will take both projects, but scheduling would likely have to be reworked to accomodate the casting, should he sign on.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2011 05:11 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

-sighs-

I'm not feeling the premises of either movie.

Arnold's too old for these kinds of movies, imo. He needs to involve himself in more cerebral roles. Leave this kind of stuff to the young action hero stars.

Personally, I think he should get himself involved more in Science Fiction.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Apr 10th, 2011 02:37 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

arnold's new job should be to pay everyone here in cali at least $2million dollars each for the horrible job he did as governator

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Apr 10th, 2011 06:31 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Schwarzenegger Will Be Back as Terminator, Justin Lin Directing

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=76883

hope it turns out to be a rumor and then the rights go back to James Cameron.

Old Post Apr 27th, 2011 09:02 AM
omgchos
The Man From Ireland

Idk tho. Cameron doesn't have what he used to. Hes falling down on the job like so many directors after years of success.

Edit: And dont use avatar as an example of how good cameron still is. Cuz that movie was about one of the most overatted wastes of 14 dollars iv'e ever come across.

Old Post Apr 27th, 2011 11:42 AM
omgchos is currently offline Click here to Send omgchos a Private Message Find more posts by omgchos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by omgchos
Idk tho. Cameron doesn't have what he used to. Hes falling down on the job like so many directors after years of success.

How so?

besides all his doco looking for the tomb of jesus.

Old Post Apr 27th, 2011 01:20 PM
omgchos
The Man From Ireland

He did a documentary about finding christ's tomb?

Old Post Apr 27th, 2011 01:39 PM
omgchos is currently offline Click here to Send omgchos a Private Message Find more posts by omgchos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Edit: And dont use avatar as an example of how good cameron still is. Cuz that movie was about one of the most overatted wastes of 14 dollars iv'e ever come across.

Well of course the finished film does has it flaws, But still he does still have it for movie making and you do realise he did write the story to back in 1994.

Old Post Apr 27th, 2011 01:42 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

He did a documentary about finding christ's tomb?

well a few of them if i remember.

Old Post Apr 27th, 2011 01:42 PM
omgchos
The Man From Ireland

James Cameron used to have integrity and then he made Titanic and Avatar and i lost all respect for him when the latter came out, as i was to young to even form much of an opinion back then about titanic. But looking back at it, it was basically a mindless cliche love story with a cliche villain/henchman. All centered around the titanic sinking. Which really had nothing to do with the story other than that it's what ends up causing dicaprio to die. Avatar was just dances with wolves in space done up to look really pretty. Ill admit he knows how to draw people in. And i wish i could make that much money on a movie. But as a director i have no respect for him. At least not anymore.

Old Post Apr 27th, 2011 02:02 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Avatar was just dances with wolves in space done up to look really pretty.

Well i already knew that that and it can be many things another one you can put to it is Pocahontas

quote:
Ill admit he knows how to draw people in. And i wish i could make that much money on a movie. But as a director i have no respect for him. At least not anymore.

Fair enough, But i still think he still has it for making movies even if Avatar did borrow plots from other stories, But as i said in a previous post he did do the story back in 1994 so yeah could've went over it but no he did'nt.

Old Post Apr 27th, 2011 02:12 PM