KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Thor (2011)

Thor (2011)
Started by: Rage.Of.Olympus

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (10): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Rage.Of.Olympus

Thor The Movie (2011)

Noticed that there wasn't a thread here so I decided to make one.

The movie comes out on May 6, 2011. It's directed by Kenneth Branagh, and stars Chris Hemsworth (Thor), Tom Hiddleston (Loki), Natalie Portman (Jane Foster), and Anthony Hopkins (Odin).

Anyways, here's the link to the Thor movie site:
http://thor.marvel.com/

The first official Thor trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOddp-nlNvQ

And the newly released second trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHBnrJowBZE

Old Post Feb 18th, 2011 08:53 PM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Esau Cairn
Contagious

Pretty impressive trailer.
Although Thor's hammer juz looks a little too small when he uses it as a weapon.

This trailer also makes me question juz how good Capt. America will live up to its hype.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2011 01:02 AM
Esau Cairn is currently offline Click here to Send Esau Cairn a Private Message Find more posts by Esau Cairn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

I like Thor, he is probably my favorite of the Avengers, but I am wary of this.

It has a more sci-fi feel than fantasy, yeah I know the original comics were like that, and instead of having magic they use "advanced sciences".... I dunno.

Still it looks cool. And the Destroyer

Old Post Feb 19th, 2011 01:05 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

I will this.. the cgi looks very good...

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Feb 19th, 2011 02:32 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

It looks delicious.

I can't wait until May 9th.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2011 07:58 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

quote: (post)
Originally posted by dadudemon
It looks delicious.

I can't wait until May 9th.

i have a feeling that this follows a few stories from the comics

i am loving the dread destroyer

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Feb 19th, 2011 09:03 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

I guess this is where I chime in and say that you're all wrong and all idiots for thinking it looks good because it looks like a massive festering pile of rotten dead babies that were raped by junkies and died from AIDS.

That's how bad it looks.

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Feb 20th, 2011 01:28 AM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirrel Fart

Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Noticed that there wasn't a thread here so I decided to make one.

The movie comes out on May 6, 2011. It's directed by Kenneth Branagh, and stars Chris Hemsworth (Thor), Tom Hiddleston (Loki), Natalie Portman (Jane Foster), and Anthony Hopkins (Odin).

Anyways, here's the link to the Thor movie site:
http://thor.marvel.com/

The first official Thor trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOddp-nlNvQ

And the newly released second trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHBnrJowBZE

Because its in the comics movie forum. IMO we dont need two threads.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2011 01:35 AM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by jaden101
I guess this is where I chime in and say that you're all wrong and all idiots for thinking it looks good because it looks like a massive festering pile of rotten dead babies that were raped by junkies and died from AIDS.

That's how bad it looks.

I guess you'll be waiting for the other Thor movie getting released with Kevin Nash

whistle

Old Post Feb 20th, 2011 08:13 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkNemesis
Uber Dark Lord

Awesome trailer, looking forward to both this and Captain America (still waiting impatiently for a full length trailer to come out for that).

"Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof." (Thanks TRiNiTYfemi for the sig!)

Old Post Feb 21st, 2011 04:34 PM
DarkNemesis is currently offline Click here to Send DarkNemesis a Private Message Find more posts by DarkNemesis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

Originally posted by DarkNemesis
Awesome trailer, looking forward to both this and Captain America (still waiting impatiently for a full length trailer to come out for that).

same here.my thoughts exactly.could not have said it better myself.especially after the nuel posted those two trailers.thanks Nuel. Happy Dance

Old Post Feb 21st, 2011 07:58 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by Mr Parker
especially after the nuel posted those two trailers.thanks Nuel. Happy Dance

He quoted someone not posted them if you take another look erm

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2011 06:55 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Everytime I watch that trailer I wish Sean Bean was playing Thor...

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2011 08:17 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

well we cant have everything in life.lol.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2011 05:46 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkNemesis
Uber Dark Lord

Originally posted by ares834

That's very true, Sean Bean would have made an excellent Thor.

"Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof." (Thanks TRiNiTYfemi for the sig!)

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2011 06:02 PM
DarkNemesis is currently offline Click here to Send DarkNemesis a Private Message Find more posts by DarkNemesis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

When I first heard Branagh was directing, I thought 'might be a decent super-hero film of the likes of Spider-man (1&2) or Iron Man', but going from those clips, it's going to be retarded nonsense. Little story, shit acting and one nonsense action scene after another nonsense action scene, which is the Hollywood plague these days.

I'll still watch it, as I generally always watch super-hero films, but expecting to be bored/pissed.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2011 10:05 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2011 11:26 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Esau Cairn
Contagious

Originally posted by Robtard
When I first heard Branagh was directing, I thought 'might be a decent super-hero film of the likes of Spider-man (1&2) or Iron Man', but going from those clips, it's going to be retarded nonsense. Little story, shit acting and one nonsense action scene after another nonsense action scene, which is the Hollywood plague these days.

I'll still watch it, as I generally always watch super-hero films, but expecting to be bored/pissed.

If you say Spidey 1 & 2 & Ironman were decent superhero films,
what's the least decent ones you feel Thor will downgraded too?

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2011 04:24 AM
Esau Cairn is currently offline Click here to Send Esau Cairn a Private Message Find more posts by Esau Cairn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Originally posted by ares834

And why would you want a guy who's over 50 to play Thor?

Heck, he's hit an age where he played Zeus last year (Percy Jackson's & The Olympians)

Even going back to his days as Boromir, Sean Bean woulnd't have looked as good in the role as Chris Hemsworth does.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Feb 24th, 2011 04:51 AM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Esau Cairn
If you say Spidey 1 & 2 & Ironman were decent superhero films,
what's the least decent ones you feel Thor will downgraded too?

Fantastic Four

Wolverine:Origins

Spider-Man 3

Shit of this caliber

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Feb 24th, 2011 05:04 AM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote