KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Thor (2011)

Thor (2011)
Started by: Rage.Of.Olympus

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (10): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
winning_the_net
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by dadudemon
Dumb as in impaired judgment? Maybe.

Arnie Dumb?
Dolph Lundgren how many degrees?
Sly Dumb?

Steroids are like continually going through puberty, your analysis is better dadadadadude

Old Post Apr 7th, 2011 11:54 AM
winning_the_net is currently offline Click here to Send winning_the_net a Private Message Find more posts by winning_the_net Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Huh?

Banned. erm Can't even have a conversation with new members these days without suspecting trollage and banning.

Also, Dolph isn't dumb, I thought.

Later in life, taking "roids" can improve cognitive ability. So it's not a "dumb" thing, really. I'd say that it makes ***holes more impulsive, but it really doesn't make anyone dumb. What makes one dumb is the dieting which is where the "myth" comes from that steroids make a person dumb: it's the dieting that does. Even then, it's miminal and it's the "lathargic" catabolic state that is actually being observed. A quick boost in glycogen levels would most likely remedy their lathargic and impaired state. big grin

To bring it on topic, I'm sure our pal, Hemsworth, knows exactly what I'm talking about. He got fairly lean for his role.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2011 12:20 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

You mean this guy who is gigantic compared to the other?

(please log in to view the image)

Well duh that is the 616 universe Thor roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Apr 8th, 2011 07:14 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by Kazenji
Well duh that is the 616 universe Thor roll eyes (sarcastic)

Seeing someone answer a gigantically obvious rhetorical question is so very painful to watch.

Old Post Apr 8th, 2011 09:26 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

Lundren made a good He-man and Punisher. Don't know about him taking roids though, guy was pretty heavy into Kyokushin.

Im happy with Hemsworth's build. If he was the size of your roided bodybuilder it would be too distracting.

The size he's at makes his character more presentable in this film.

This film looks like its gonna be like "Coming to America".
Eddie Murphy is Thor and James Earl Jones is Odin.

Last edited by the ninjak on Apr 8th, 2011 at 12:07 PM

Old Post Apr 8th, 2011 12:03 PM
the ninjak is currently offline Click here to Send the ninjak a Private Message Find more posts by the ninjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Seeing someone answer a gigantically obvious rhetorical question is so very painful to watch.

Well on the topic of Hemsworth body size not looking like the one from the comics

Originally posted by the ninjak
Lundren made a good He-man and Punisher. Don't know about him taking roids though, guy was pretty heavy into Kyokushin.

Agreed, recently watched his version of Punisher and he did a decent job of it.
some things works great in comics and not in real life.

Last edited by Kazenji on Apr 8th, 2011 at 01:09 PM

Old Post Apr 8th, 2011 01:05 PM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by the ninjak
Im happy with Hemsworth's build. If he was the size of your roided bodybuilder it would be too distracting.

As am I.

I'm just saying that he could be bigger by 15-25 lbs and that would be right about spot on for a realistic interpretation for Thor.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2011 09:22 AM
Robtard
Senor Member

As am I.

I'm just saying that he could be bigger by 15-25 lbs and that would be right about spot on for a realistic interpretation for Thor.

He is the right size, very muscular but not a brick like Hulk, homo.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Apr 11th, 2011 06:51 AM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

Hemsworth's physique is more than adequate. And really, it's the last thing I'm concerned about. I'm more worried about whether or not the film's gonna be, you know, good or not...

"Nothing is ever as good as you can imagine it."

Old Post Apr 11th, 2011 11:15 PM
SnakeEyes is currently offline Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by SnakeEyes
Hemsworth's physique is more than adequate. And really, it's the last thing I'm concerned about. I'm more worried about whether or not the film's gonna be, you know, good or not...

Exactly, which is looking shittier and shitter which each preview I see, unfortunately.

But DDM is a homo, so he's overly concerned with how much muscle an actor has.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Apr 11th, 2011 11:16 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Aedansmith

Thanks you sharing. I am big fan of movies. I have watched every new movie.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2011 05:05 AM
Aedansmith is currently offline Click here to Send Aedansmith a Private Message Find more posts by Aedansmith Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Rhythmic

For me, Hemsworth's build is Thor's build. Comic lines tend to lead to ridiculous definition, but when you look at the older comics, it really is that strong build.

A lot of people here seem to want a bodybuilder body for Thor, but the fact is Hemsworth has the build of an athlete. Take a look at someone like Ferrigno in his lifting days, then look at Rocky Marciano. Ferrigno was a lifter, pure and simple. He was freakishly strong, but all he did was lift. Marciano, on the other hand, is a puncher who was famous (if not infamous) for his fists of brick, and would do things such as run 6 miles every day and spend months secluded in a cabin preparing for his fights.

Thor isn't a model, he's a fighter, so him being perfectly ripped for posing isn't logical (especially considering how the film will add more 'logical' introductions to Asgard).

Old Post Apr 12th, 2011 05:35 AM
Mr. Rhythmic is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Rhythmic a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Rhythmic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

I have a hunch that this movie is going to be lacking. For a Thor story the trailer just feels incredibly underwhelming. I'm concerned that this movie was rushed in order to coincide with a Captain America release in order to push the avenger hype even more. I don't know, i'll hold my reservations until i see it though.

Old Post Apr 13th, 2011 12:57 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

The movie was rushed??....how so when its been in development since 2008 when Branagh hopped on board.

Old Post Apr 13th, 2011 04:05 AM
Esau Cairn
Contagious

Development has got absolutely nothing to do with filming the actual movie.

Old Post Apr 13th, 2011 04:30 AM
Esau Cairn is currently offline Click here to Send Esau Cairn a Private Message Find more posts by Esau Cairn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Mr. Rhythmic

Thor isn't a model, he's a fighter, so him being perfectly ripped for posing isn't logical (especially considering how the film will add more 'logical' introductions to Asgard).

While you're right about the choice of the physique of the character I think you're most likely wrong about the reason behind it. It WILL be purely for aesthetics. The fact is that the giant muscle bound freaks like Arnie and Ferrigno just aren't considered the "ideal" by either admiring women or by aspiring men. (or the other way around in these modern times stick out tongue) Film makers are far more likely to take in to consideration what kind of look will draw in the crowds than they are whether or not it's true to the source or whether or not it's more believable for what feats the character has to do (the latter is irrelevant in a fictional superhero movie anyway because a person's physique can have little or no bearing on whether or not they are super fast/strong/agile) anyway.

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Apr 13th, 2011 11:12 AM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by Esau Cairn
Development has got absolutely nothing to do with filming the actual movie.

It does when he started in 2008 the filming.

Old Post Apr 13th, 2011 12:50 PM
Mr. Rhythmic

Originally posted by jaden101
While you're right about the choice of the physique of the character I think you're most likely wrong about the reason behind it. It WILL be purely for aesthetics. The fact is that the giant muscle bound freaks like Arnie and Ferrigno just aren't considered the "ideal" by either admiring women or by aspiring men. (or the other way around in these modern times stick out tongue) Film makers are far more likely to take in to consideration what kind of look will draw in the crowds than they are whether or not it's true to the source or whether or not it's more believable for what feats the character has to do (the latter is irrelevant in a fictional superhero movie anyway because a person's physique can have little or no bearing on whether or not they are super fast/strong/agile) anyway.

I never said that looking good wasn't a factor. What I DID say was that he looks good in an athletic way, not a bodybuilder way.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2011 04:11 AM
Mr. Rhythmic is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Rhythmic a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Rhythmic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by SnakeEyes

Part of being an actor is literally looking the part for which you are playing.

Saying someone looks like a "Nordic god" is almost always synonymous with being legendarily massive. He’s supposed to be an immortal Norse warrior.

Additionally, this is Thor from a comic book. Resembling the part is almost a requirement.

Originally posted by Robtard
DDM is a homo, so he's overly concerned with how much muscle an actor has.

...says the gent thrusting himself on a Filipino MMA fighter and demanding that he allow you to "train" and "manage" him.

And, I'm only this way with comic book characters in movies. Notice I did not whine on about how Edward's actor is much scrawnier than the book counter-part? smile

Old Post Apr 15th, 2011 08:12 AM
dadudemon

Originally posted by Mr. Rhythmic

Here's a better photo of Rocky's heavyweight physique:

Rocky wasn't a "little" guy. For the time, that was quite a muscular physique. Compared to the heavyweights of these days, sure, he's not as muscular.

Here's a modern heavyweight champ's physique:

Also, here's a better, much less biased, comparison:

big grin

Good ol' Mariusz.

Last edited by dadudemon on Apr 15th, 2011 at 08:26 AM

Old Post Apr 15th, 2011 08:21 AM