KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Thor (2011)

Thor (2011)
Started by: Rage.Of.Olympus

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (10): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

quote: (post)
Originally posted by dadudemon

Saying someone looks like a "Nordic god" is almost always synonymous with being legendarily massive. He’s supposed to be an immortal Norse warrior.

Additionally, this is Thor from a comic book. Resembling the part is almost a requirement.

I bet there will some hardcore norse mythology person that will go on about how many things they got wrong with the movie when it comes out.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2011 08:47 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by Kazenji
I bet there will some hardcore norse mythology person that will go on about how many things they got wrong with the movie when it comes out.

You are 100% correct and it will be hundreds if not thousands of people who do that.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2011 08:50 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

You are 100% correct and it will be hundreds if not thousands of people who do that.

don't forget some of the hardcore comics fans as well..

but i won't be one of them

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Apr 15th, 2011 06:39 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

...says the gent thrusting himself on a Filipino MMA fighter and demanding that he allow you to "train" and "manage" him.

And, I'm only this way with comic book characters in movies. Notice I did not whine on about how Edward's actor is much scrawnier than the book counter-part? smile

The boy clearly needs help, have you seen his fight record and his 30+% body-fat?

Hemsworth's build does fit the comics, you homo.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Apr 15th, 2011 11:13 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by Robtard
The boy clearly needs help, have you seen his fight record and his 30+% body-fat?

I did and I could not believe that. There's no way someone who works out and trains for MMA can possibly be 30% BF. Unless he trains every 4 days for just an hour, or something. Even my "fat" ass isn't over 20% and I can barely see my abs, at the moment.

Originally posted by Robtard
Hemsworth's build does fit the comics, you homo.

He's close. I say about 15-25 more lbs and he's ideal.

Old Post Apr 16th, 2011 02:05 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

So I saw most of and it was awesome.

Love the script. And Thor shows good battle feats.

Old Post Apr 16th, 2011 08:07 AM
the ninjak is currently offline Click here to Send the ninjak a Private Message Find more posts by the ninjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
barbera123
Restricted

Account Restricted

Last edited by Impediment on May 4th, 2011 at 04:01 PM

Old Post May 4th, 2011 12:01 PM
barbera123 is currently offline Click here to Send barbera123 a Private Message Find more posts by barbera123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Utsukushii
The Devil Made Me Do It

I can't wait for Thor.

Chris Hemsworth =

Old Post May 4th, 2011 05:54 PM
Utsukushii is currently offline Click here to Send Utsukushii a Private Message Find more posts by Utsukushii Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

Re: Thor The Movie (2011)

Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Noticed that there wasn't a thread here so I decided to make one.

The movie comes out on May 6, 2011. It's directed by Kenneth Branagh, and stars Chris Hemsworth (Thor), Tom Hiddleston (Loki), Natalie Portman (Jane Foster), and Anthony Hopkins (Odin).

Anyways, here's the link to the Thor movie site:
http://thor.marvel.com/

The first official Thor trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOddp-nlNvQ

And the newly released second trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHBnrJowBZE

gonna try and see this this weekend.

Old Post May 4th, 2011 09:57 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

Originally posted by the ninjak
Why do peoplr bring up F4, Ghost Rider and Xmen. Sure they sucked they were Fox.

Ironman, Incredible Hulk and Cap are MARVEL STUDIOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
They are trying to fix their mistakes.
Marvel was bankrupt when they made Blade.
Use you heads and not your hate.

well said.sure hope the fix spiderman in the reboot.I just dont feel good about it though.

Old Post May 4th, 2011 10:06 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

Huh?

Banned. erm Can't even have a conversation with new members these days without suspecting trollage and banning.

Also, Dolph isn't dumb, I thought.

Later in life, taking "roids" can improve cognitive ability. So it's not a "dumb" thing, really. I'd say that it makes ***holes more impulsive, but it really doesn't make anyone dumb. What makes one dumb is the dieting which is where the "myth" comes from that steroids make a person dumb: it's the dieting that does. Even then, it's miminal and it's the "lathargic" catabolic state that is actually being observed. A quick boost in glycogen levels would most likely remedy their lathargic and impaired state. big grin

To bring it on topic, I'm sure our pal, Hemsworth, knows exactly what I'm talking about. He got fairly lean for his role.

Boy you arent kidding. Cant believe that guy got banned.From reading his threads he didnt do anything ban worthy.Unless he made a thread that got deleted that was innappropriate or was a sock.If not, KMC has really gone downhill from when we first joined.

anyways,have you see the movie yet? has anybody here seen it? If so,is it as good as the two trailers are? It looks like a great film from the trailers but again,I thought Sherlock Holmes was going to be my favorite movie of the year after seeing the trailer but I hated it.

Old Post May 4th, 2011 10:14 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

And yet this user could'nt do it in one post.

Old Post May 5th, 2011 06:50 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leslielove4u
Restricted

Account Restricted

Last edited by Impediment on May 5th, 2011 at 11:55 AM

Old Post May 5th, 2011 09:35 AM
leslielove4u is currently offline Click here to Send leslielove4u a Private Message Find more posts by leslielove4u Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

Like I was saying,for the people who have seen it other than the one below me for the obvious reason,do you think the movie is as good as the trailer?

Kazenji
This person is on your Ignore List.

Old Post May 5th, 2011 05:33 PM
T.M
Welcome to The Suck

I have seen it and yes it is up there with other Marvel studio films only just behind Iron-Man. I watched it in 3D because I was outvoted by my friends, and I would advise against watching seeing a 3D screening if possible because there is a fare amount of motion blur in the action sequences. On the whole it is very good though. I gave it 7/10 in the thread in the comic movie section. It was let down by the poor 3D and the final battle could have been better.

Keep your eyes and ears open though because there is quite a few references in the film.

Just stay away from the 3D version and you will be fine.

Last edited by T.M on May 5th, 2011 at 06:05 PM

Old Post May 5th, 2011 06:03 PM
T.M is currently offline Click here to Send T.M a Private Message Find more posts by T.M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

Originally posted by T.M
I have seen it and yes it is up there with other Marvel studio films only just behind Iron-Man. I watched it in 3D because I was outvoted by my friends, and I would advise against watching seeing a 3D screening if possible because there is a fare amount of motion blur in the action sequences. On the whole it is very good though. I gave it 7/10 in the thread in the comic movie section. It was let down by the poor 3D and the final battle could have been better.

Keep your eyes and ears open though because there is quite a few references in the film.

Just stay away from the 3D version and you will be fine.

cool. cool glad to hear it.we'll do.I got no problem with that at all because I am usually against 3 d films anyways. smile

Old Post May 5th, 2011 06:23 PM
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

Originally posted by Kazenji
those people are friggin clowns.

Old Post May 5th, 2011 06:24 PM
marwash22 is currently offline Click here to Send marwash22 a Private Message Find more posts by marwash22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

I wasn't going in expecting much after the 1st 8 minute long trailer that came out ages ago...Seems they've worked on the CGI quality a bit since then. Not normally one who likes these "origin" comic book movies but this done the decent thing and skipped most of the tedious crap that plagued things like Hulk, Spiderman, Ironman etc...All the boring stuff before the action.

I liked it more than I thought I would...And Natalie Portman is hot for a dirty Jew.

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post May 5th, 2011 06:33 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

We usually have similar taste in movies so maybe I'll watch this in the theaters. I was initially expecting 100% shit, hope you didn't just have a retard moment when watching this.

Indeed she is, indeed she is.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post May 5th, 2011 06:48 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Rotten Tomatoes has a 92% for it last I checked, it's apparently good.

Seeing it tomorrow I am.

Old Post May 5th, 2011 07:01 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote