KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Star Wars: Role Playing » STAR WARS: RETROSPECTION- Rivalry (Con)

STAR WARS: RETROSPECTION- Rivalry (Con)
Started by: REXXXX

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
REXXXX
Networking

STAR WARS: RETROSPECTION- Rivalry (Con)

Tutalone

A squat man with full Franz Josef and slicked hair, wearing the finest suit Republic credits can afford, is walking up and down a line of men, women, and aliens. He examines each in turn and grumbles to himself. By the time he reaches the end of the line, he has lost his temper. Throwing his hands in the air, he shouts.

"TORMAN!" he snaps. "Are THESE the best you could do?"

A lanky man with spectacles and a not-as-nice suit sits up.

"Gallifer..."

"SENATOR Gallifer," the short man corrects.

"Senator, you asked for hired guns!"

"Hired guns, not street thugs!" The line of gathered beings bristle at this.

"Sir, these are some of the best bodyguards your planet can offer," Torman says.

"Couldn't we get like, a Jedi, or something?" the Senator asks.

"Do you REALLY want a JEDI in your presence?" Torman asks. "What with all of the..."

"Ah shut it, shut it!" the Senator hushes. "Well what about one of those... not really Jedi but kind of. That."

Torman palms his face. "I'll see what I can do, Senator..."

"Great!" Senator Gallifer shouts. "Hop to it! And get all these goofs on payroll, we'll need all of them."

"In addition to the Senatorial guards that Coruscant is sending?" Torman asks.

"Yup! I've made some very big enemies in my time..." Gallifer gazes into the near distance. "Some very lethal enemies..."

-

Welcome to "Rivalry," an episode of the Retrospection games. As an episode of this series, “Rivalry” will be a very personal plotline, exploring events involving the players’ characters. Going off of Ushgarak’s ever-popular Star Wars role-playing game, these mini-episodes occur in game-play’s past. In this case, it will explore Con Gordo's continued wandering about the Galaxy, working loosely for Xeth Tam's PI group but mainly looking out for himself.

Since his failure to totally collapse the Syndicate on Luon, Con has been taking odd jobs to get by and gain experience in the Galaxy. He is growing increasingly edgy after the debacle on Luon and is staying out of touch with his Jedi friends in hopes that they won't drag him back to Coruscant.

The year is 30 BBY- two years after the Battle of Naboo, and shortly after Con failed to completely foil the Syndicate on Luon. He is now receiving a new job offer, one that is offering to deliver a tremendous payday IF he can stop Senator Gallifer of Tutalone from being killed...

Last edited by REXXXX on Mar 6th, 2011 at 09:22 AM

Old Post Mar 6th, 2011 09:17 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Uridia III

Con- you are stopping by the offices of the Jedi Investigation Force on the third moon of Uridia, to resupply and get some rest. You haven't had much luck making it on your own and Xeth has made it clear that his facilities are always open to you.

Nobody is around expect R3-U9, Xeth's astromech droid. He is charging quietly in a corner.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2011 09:25 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Con will look around the place, see if he can rest somewhere or if there's something he could use.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2011 01:41 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

The Jedi Investigation Force maintains a light armory and small medical bay, since Xeth seems to have a knack for finding droid armies to fight. Both are locked up tight, though.

There is a lounge that you can crash in, with a powerful comm unit and cheap entertainment system- you can see what Xeth found more important there.

Old Post Mar 7th, 2011 03:34 AM
Bardock42

I guess Con shouldn't steal Xeth's stuff.

I think he'll relax for a bit, reresh himself, have some food if there is any. Check out how bad the entertainment system is. After a while he'll try to reach Xeth with the comm unit, having nothing else to do anyways, maybe Xeth got something to do, otherwise it might be nice catching up.

Old Post Mar 17th, 2011 07:20 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Wouldn't want an angry insectoid vigilante after you because you used his toilet paper or something.

You haven't heard from Xeth recently- he seems to be following a lead with his old Jedi friends, which you find unusual.

(In game, Xeth and the Jedi were in Episode I and II of the first campaign around this time, tracking down a shipment of battle droids that had been commandeered and tested against them.)

There are some messages waiting for him, though.

Old Post Mar 17th, 2011 07:33 PM
Bardock42

Well, I think I am morally grey enough to listen in to them.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2011 02:27 PM
REXXXX
Networking

Most of the messages are encrypted, as Xeth prefers when his agents report in. But there is one that is not! It is addressed to the agency, and the transmission is from a world called Tutalone.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2011 12:34 AM
Bardock42

Jackpot!?

What does it say?

Old Post Mar 19th, 2011 07:06 PM
REXXXX
Networking

It contains a hologram of a lanky man wearing spectacles in an almost Steampunkish suit- something formal from the 19th century, but with odd little metal bits here and there.

"Greetings. My name is Torman Avalard of Tutalone, assistant to the Senator Gallifer of Tuatlone. If you could please return this message, it would be greatly appreciated. We require the services of your Investigation Force for the protection of the Senator. Thank you for your time."

The message ends.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2011 09:33 AM
Bardock42

Hmm, I guess Con could need something to do, and some money. Con suppose Xeth wouldn't mind, he did say Con could take advantage of the facilities.

I think I'll return the call as "Con Gordo with the Jedi Investigation Force"

Old Post Mar 20th, 2011 11:09 AM
REXXXX
Networking

Xeth probably has his hands full anyway!

That same lanky man, Assistant Torman, answers your call.

"You received our call," he says, timidly. "Most excellent. Con, you say? Are you one of the Jedi working for this group?"

Old Post Mar 21st, 2011 12:05 AM
Bardock42

"Yes, I am an associate of Xeth Tam. Can you fill me in on more of the details of the job?"

Old Post Mar 21st, 2011 10:43 PM
REXXXX
Networking

"You don't really look like a Jedi..." the man says hesitantly.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2011 07:25 AM
Bardock42

"I got a lightsabre and everything. I don't think the Jedi Council is interested in helping you, so you contacted Xeth's band of renegades, and it seems like I'm the best you can get. Luckily for you I am pretty damn good."

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2011 12:34 PM
REXXXX
Networking

"My apologies! I meant no offense. But, uh, yes, that is why we have come to you. I believe I mentioned in my first message that our Senator is in need of a protector?"

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2011 09:36 PM
Bardock42

"Yes, what does he need protection from?"

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2011 11:33 PM
REXXXX
Networking

Torman explains that Tutalone is a world that has long been plagued by a criminal underworld, controlled mainly by the Mafia and other small-time gangs. They have gone unchecked for some time and are deeply ingrained in their culture. Corruption is the norm.

"Senator Gallifer wants to change that," Torman says. "He has already put into motion several laws that are limiting the activities of the Mafia. They aren't pleased with him. The bombing of his speeder last week has made that clear."

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2011 06:35 AM
Bardock42

"I see, well, I am willing to help. Say, how much does it pay?"

Con is thinking it sounds similar to what he failed on Luon, perhaps a bit less intense, doing some good as well as getting some money and generally something to do, sounds nice.

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2011 12:23 PM
REXXXX
Networking

Luon was a far more extreme case in that the Syndicate was effectively in charge of the planet. The Mafia of Tutalone simply causes delays in the political process and a multitude of criminal activities. But there are similarities, yes.

Torman offers a decent figure for your pay. He explains that it would be more but it is all they can afford presently.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2011 01:45 AM