KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Role Playing Forum » USH'S LORD OF THE RINGS GAME PART 4- The Hunt in the Hills

USH'S LORD OF THE RINGS GAME PART 4- The Hunt in the Hills
Started by: Ushgarak

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (31): « First ... « 27 28 [29] 30 31 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Mithlond
Gondor needs no King!

Do Orcs cook meat?

Old Post Nov 10th, 2012 07:40 AM
Mithlond is currently offline Click here to Send Mithlond a Private Message Find more posts by Mithlond Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

Since I'm on lookout, and not doing anything useful, can I make some perception rolls to make sure that I'm not actually getting eaten? Spaced out over their little underground orc adventure, as I'm keeping watch?

Old Post Nov 12th, 2012 08:43 PM
Tptmanno1 is currently offline Click here to Send Tptmanno1 a Private Message Find more posts by Tptmanno1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Talin will report what he smells to the others and press on warily, moving in the direction of the smell.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2012 04:42 PM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

They do indeed cook meat, with a very broad interpretation of 'meat'.

Luckily these are not developed burrows; they do not twist and turn with endless off-shoots. You can find your way on...

... but your Stalk/Hide is not your strong point, particularly in heavy armour. You brush lightly against the top of a passage entrance, and it makes what in the outside would be a faint metallic twang, bit down here it seems to echo through the cavern...

-

Well, Palidan, you are pretty sure you are not being eaten right now. Are you checking for mean things inside or outside the cave?

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Nov 14th, 2012 10:29 AM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mithlond
Gondor needs no King!

"I think we've announced our arrival..." whispers Menelacar as he draws his sword.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2012 08:23 PM
Mithlond is currently offline Click here to Send Mithlond a Private Message Find more posts by Mithlond Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bespin Bart
Buggy

Anglomir draws his sword also, with a practiced hand.

"Are we going to let them come to us or are we going to them?" Anglomir asks his compatriots.

THIS IS WHAT WE'VE WAITED FOR
THIS IS IT, BOYS, THIS IS WAR!

Old Post Nov 16th, 2012 07:32 PM
Bespin Bart is currently offline Click here to Send Bespin Bart a Private Message Find more posts by Bespin Bart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Good question! Best answer soon...

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Nov 18th, 2012 05:11 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mithlond
Gondor needs no King!

I vote let them come to us - a narrow tunnel means we should only face them individually rather than them flanking us. How wide is the tunnel?

Old Post Nov 18th, 2012 05:22 PM
REXXXX
Networking

Talin is on board with that. I'd rather be ready for them than walk into something they've set.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2012 06:17 PM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Well, as noted before, these are not custom made burrows so they don't have the 'come at all angles' schtick they might have on home ground. Currently, the tunnel is two-people wide.

Incoming then! Is your single man out front or rear?

BtVS

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2012 05:36 PM
Mithlond
Gondor needs no King!

I would suggest rear. 2 best fighters up front.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2012 06:18 PM
REXXXX
Networking

I'll go with that. Wouldn't mind Anglomir's assistance up front.

"Just be ready for surprises," Talin shouts to the Gondorian noble behind him.

Old Post Nov 27th, 2012 05:36 AM
Mithlond
Gondor needs no King!

"Indeed I am", replies Menelacar, throwing his sword from one hand to the next and then back again to feel the weight.

He then puts his back to the wall, ensuring he is checking both up and down the passage to ensure he can monitor the fight and also check nothing is sneaking up on them from other directions.

Old Post Nov 27th, 2012 10:25 AM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Always good to specify weapons here, as this is the kind of game where holding melee or ranged stuff makes a big difference...

Dark figures scuttle into view in both directions. Stunted but nonetheless dangerous- these are goblins, armed with short swords. Two one way, two the other, both now charging in, screeching.

BtVS

Old Post Nov 28th, 2012 09:15 PM
Mithlond
Gondor needs no King!

'For Gondor!' Shouts Menelacar, using his shield against one and attacking the other.

Old Post Nov 28th, 2012 09:37 PM
REXXXX
Networking

Talin has his one-handed, finely-crafted axe, which he buries into the skull of the first goblin to come too close to him.

Old Post Nov 30th, 2012 07:22 PM
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

Also, all we need is proof that they are there. You can kill one, grab its body or something and then retreat.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2012 12:09 AM
Tptmanno1 is currently offline Click here to Send Tptmanno1 a Private Message Find more posts by Tptmanno1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bespin Bart
Buggy

Sounds like a plan.

Anglomir will raise his shield against the goblin coming at him, then force its sword upward before driving his sword into its gut.

THIS IS WHAT WE'VE WAITED FOR
THIS IS IT, BOYS, THIS IS WAR!

Old Post Dec 9th, 2012 03:02 AM
Bespin Bart is currently offline Click here to Send Bespin Bart a Private Message Find more posts by Bespin Bart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Hmmm... trouble with that, Palidan, is that whilst it is unusual to see goblins camped out this far from the Misty Mountains, it's not beyond the realms of possibility. They breed like crazy over there.

What you are looking for is a proper military unit- soldiers of Angmar.

I'm still looking for the in or out answer from you, btw.

-

These goblins don't have their shields that they might bear if they were more prepared. Regardless, they are harder targets to pin down than your average hillman. They are not masters of those short stabby blades, but they'll take whatever advantage they can. They'll flank quickly if possible.

-

Talin: 79 (1hc)/15 20 (C) 119

Anglomir: 69 (1he)/5 25 (RL) 102

Goblin A: 35 (1he)/25 25(U) 10

Goblin B: 35 (1he)/25 25(U) 10

Menelacar: 56 (1he)/5 10 (C) 98

Goblin C: 35 (1he)/25 25(U) 10

Goblin D: 35 (1he)/25 25(U) 10

-

Everyone happy with how this works? If I ever find the time, I'll type up the hit-tables for you guys one day...

BtVS

Old Post Dec 12th, 2012 11:22 PM
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

Lets check outside.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2012 03:33 AM