KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Role Playing Forum » USH'S LORD OF THE RINGS GAME PART 4- The Hunt in the Hills

USH'S LORD OF THE RINGS GAME PART 4- The Hunt in the Hills
Started by: Ushgarak

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (31): « First ... « 28 29 [30] 31 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
REXXXX
Networking

Totally happy. Talin is going to hack Goblin A apart.

Old Post Dec 14th, 2012 06:00 PM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mithlond
Gondor needs no King!

Menelacar will raise his shield against Goblin C and hack Goblin D.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2012 08:31 AM
Mithlond is currently offline Click here to Send Mithlond a Private Message Find more posts by Mithlond Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Whoops, an error there- I seem to put the Goblin's Hits at 10, when it should be 35. They aren't quite THAT squishy!

Well, due to player privilege, the lighter-armoured Anglomir gets to strike first.

Anglomir rolls a 31, which comes out as a 90- just short of a category! Against an unarmoured target, though, that's a 10A, though the critical goes nowhere.

The goblins strike! An 18 is useless against Talin, and a 38 nothing against Anglomir either.

An 03 from Goblin C has him almost choke to death on Menelacar's shield, whilst a 41 from the other just cathces Menelacar a tad for 3.

Talin rolls a 55 but that;s enough to overpower the weakly defended Goblin for a 17D, which breaks the goblin's arm. Ow!

A 27 from Menelacar, though, is not enough to catch his target.

More are coming! They are nt yet in melee range. Being small, the goblins can attack you three at a time.

-

Talin: 79 (1hc)/15 20 (C) 119

Anglomir: 69 (1he)/5 25 (RL) 102

Goblin A: 20 (1he)/10 25(U) 18

Goblin B: 35 (1he)/10 25(U) 32

Goblin E: 35 (1he)/10 25(U) 35

Menelacar: 56 (1he)/5 10 (C) 95

Goblin C: 35 (1he)/10 25(U) 35

Goblin D: 35 (1he)/10 25(U) 35

Goblin F: 35 (1he)/10 25(U) 35

-----

Palidan- you sense watching eyes upon you...

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Dec 19th, 2012 06:04 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mithlond
Gondor needs no King!

I think we need to organise a fighting withdrawal. We've seen the goblins, lets get the hell out of here and report to Farael.

Same as before please.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2012 07:02 PM
Mithlond is currently offline Click here to Send Mithlond a Private Message Find more posts by Mithlond Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

"We need to take one with us!" Talin says. "Dead or alive!"

Having crushed Goblin A's arm with the flat of his axe, Talin goes for a killing blow to the goblin's neck, trying to hack its head off as a piece of evidence/trophy.

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2012 12:52 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bespin Bart
Buggy

How does one perform a fighting retreat in this system, Ush? Can Anglomir change targets to fight alongside Menelacar without penalty?

Anglomir is going to force Goblin B's sword aside with his shield and bring his sword down on its head.

THIS IS WHAT WE'VE WAITED FOR
THIS IS IT, BOYS, THIS IS WAR!

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2012 02:53 AM
Bespin Bart is currently offline Click here to Send Bespin Bart a Private Message Find more posts by Bespin Bart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

It is Manoeuvre rolls to try and move along whilst fighting, though if there are practical limits to it if you get crowded in. The problem after that is the poor visibility here- the Manoeuvre rolls is much more difficult, as you are liable to trip, unless you have a racial ability to see in low light. Or you could try and wield a torch in one hand, but that has its own drawbacks.

Hmm, a few dead goblins won't prove that much.

Anglomir is getting some deja vu here, as another roll in the 30s gives him the same result. I seemed to mis-type the hits on the one you go last round- 15 is the correct number now for your target,

It rolls an 81 back against him, which gets Anglomir for 6. Talin remains feeling impervious with a 39 against him. Menelacar gets a useless 09 rolled against him, and a better 42 on the flanker, but that's where his shield is declared, and he is safe.

An 32 isn't quite the killer blow from Talin he is used to, but this time he takes out a leg with a 10C, and that's pretty much that for that opponent.

Menelacar rolls 63- a 17D, and the crit rolls:

'Major abdominal wound. +10 hits. 8 hits per round. - 10 to activity. Stunned for four rounds'.

That's basically sliced its stomach open, and I feel we can discount that one too- got 'im that time, for sure.

-

Anglomir: 69 (1he)/5 25 (RL) 96

Goblin B: 35 (1he)/10 25(U) 15

Goblin E: 35 (1he)/10 25(U) 35

Goblin C: 35 (1he)/10 25(U) 35

-

The other goblins arrive, chittering and shrieking- but no new ones turn up this round.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Dec 28th, 2012 at 11:11 PM

Old Post Dec 28th, 2012 11:08 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

We need to fight our way through and find some sort of evidence. Like battle plans or such, something only golbins of Angmar would have.

Talin is going to squish Goblin E with an axe blow.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2013 03:13 AM
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

I am pretty hey with my stalk/hide, so I am going to try to find out what is watching me without being seen. I will cast shade on myself to up my ability.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2013 08:23 PM
Tptmanno1 is currently offline Click here to Send Tptmanno1 a Private Message Find more posts by Tptmanno1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

quote: (post)
Originally posted by REXXXX
We need to fight our way through and find some sort of evidence. Like battle plans or such, something only golbins of Angmar would have.

Talin is going to squish Goblin E with an axe blow.

Angmar doesn't actually have many goblins- they aren't very disciplined. Of course, they happily encourage the Misty Mountain goblins to go rampaging around, but they aren't literally part of the Witch-King's army.

(And thanks to the Hobbit, hopefully you've now seen the MM goblins in action! And you can see why you wouldn't want them in your army.)

-

Bold, Palidan! I like it! And you roll well with a total of over 100 (remember to note that!). That being so, you wouldn;t be spotted by your target... if he had not already spotted you. If you had said to just hide, you could have lost him, but instead you've got the benefit of exposing him.

There are a number of small holes- too small to move through, but large enough to see through- leading into the cave system around here. A pair of eyes are looking at you through one of these holes.

And the bearer of those pair of eyes just notched an arrow.

BtVS

Old Post Jan 7th, 2013 06:18 PM
Mithlond
Gondor needs no King!

Shield against F, attack the other. More stomach slicing please!

Old Post Jan 14th, 2013 07:31 AM
Bespin Bart
Buggy

Is it unlikely that the goblins would have something from Angmar with instructions?

Anglomir is going to use his shield against Goblin B, deflecting its attacks before bringing his sword down on its shoulder.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2013 06:39 PM
Bespin Bart is currently offline Click here to Send Bespin Bart a Private Message Find more posts by Bespin Bart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

And large enough to shoot out of, I gather...

If only I were level 4! I could use my magic light powers, and dazzle him. Would be fun.
Anyway, is there any cover between me and him? A rock or something that I could put between us, so I get some cover?

Old Post Jan 15th, 2013 07:17 PM
Tptmanno1 is currently offline Click here to Send Tptmanno1 a Private Message Find more posts by Tptmanno1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Whoops! Missed that all had posted.

Anglomir ups his game with a 71! That gives him a 23E- ow! Critical is:

"Slash weapon arm. +10 hits. 1 hit per round. If no arm armour, muscle and tendon damage. Arm useless."

Amusing as it would be to fight a goblin with only one good arm, it was an outright kill on hits in any case. But remember, the E critical scores xp!

The goblins are useless this round- none of them roll over 32, and we got an 02 against Menelacar.

'Only' a 20D from Talin, with a +3 hits bleeding chest wound built in.

But Menelacar gets the reward again this roundf, with a roll-over giving him a roll of 122, giving him the maximum (with that weapon) 30E with a +6 hits thigh wound critical, that dispatches that Goblin with an arterial slice!

(Moral of this round: Don't piss off the men of Gondor)

Two more goblins turn up, one on each side- but these ones have stubby shortbows, and hang back.

-

Anglomir: 69 (1he)/5 25 (RL) 96

Goblin E: 35 (1he)/10 25(U) 12 (Bleeding 1, -5 to activity)

Goblin Archer A: 35 (Missile)/10 25(U) 35

Goblin Archer B: 35 (Missile)/10 25(U) 35

-

Plenty of rocks around, Palidan. It's a Manoeuvre roll to make it to one!

Anglomir- you're not even sure goblins can read, though you are no expert.

BtVS

Old Post Jan 25th, 2013 10:28 PM
Mithlond
Gondor needs no King!

Dispatch Goblin E please! Can I use shield against the bow goblin?

Old Post Jan 28th, 2013 02:23 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Bow goblin is behind you, I am afraid!

BtVS

Old Post Jan 28th, 2013 02:53 PM
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

I'll make the roll.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2013 06:20 PM
Bespin Bart
Buggy

Anglomir holds his shield against the archer and charges him down, bringing his sword crashing down on the archer's bow-stringing hand to disarm him.

Old Post Jan 31st, 2013 01:11 AM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

85 gets you want you need, Palidan! You dive behind a rock as an arrow comes your way.

They are probably going to work out they can't just shoot through the rock, Paldian, so... what now?

-

I was kinda waiting on Talin- shall I just move on?

BtVS

Old Post Feb 9th, 2013 09:31 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

One more day and I shall move on regardless!

BtVS

Old Post Feb 19th, 2013 03:31 PM